/ Parish Council / 2005 Minutes / December 2005



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting held at 7pm on Monday 5 December 2005

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present: E Webb (Chairman), P Cllrs R Farrow, A Bishop, T Carter, K Cooper, S Cooper, S Holdaway, G Lucas, R Rooke. Also in attendance were C Cllr A Clarke, D Cllr G Leighton, Mr B Rowlinson and members of the public.

 

918. Chairman’s Welcome: The meeting proceeded at 7pm when the Chairman welcomed those present & wished them the season’s greetings.

Public Speaking: B Rowlinson of CSM Recreation Field Committee said that the Committee were considering organising a fun run in 2006 in order to raise funds. This was to be open to the whole community and everyone would be encouraged to get involved. Due to maintenance costs the Committee were short of funds, and they were likely to approach the PC with requests for financial help in the near future, especially with regard to the play area. He apologised that the PC were given an incorrect date for the last Committee meeting. He noted that the Parish were still owed the £1 peppercorn rent for this year.

 

919. Apologies: Apologies were received from R Bryant and D Durdan. No objections were raised to their reasons for non-attendance.

 

920. Correspondence requiring a decision:

Date From Subject Decision
09.11.05 TDBC Phil Anelay Consultation Draft Scoping Report for Sustainability Appraisal. This document is not available in print but a CD can be obtained. It was decided that no action was necessary
23.11.05 TDBC – Scott Weetch Letter regarding their new relocatable cctv camera. Formal application must be made to obtain use of camera for one month (LAT will also be able to apply). An application is to be made for the camera to be sited at a gateway on the Langaller Road which can be reached by proceeding from North End towards the A38-it is on the left immediately before the motorway bridge. Research with DLO has revealed this to be the worst spot for fly-tipping.

921. Minutes 903-917: The Clerk corrected the name "G Bryant" to "G Leighton" on pages 104 and 106. It was noted that the Clerk had used the spelling "Merlins Copse" for the copse at North End and it was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that "Merlyn’s Copse" would be the spelling used from now on. This is in honour of a former headmaster of CSM School. "Merlins Copse" was therefore corrected to "Merlyn’s Copse" on page 106. It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that the Minutes be adopted as correct. The Chairman signed each page of the Minutes.

 

922. Matters Arising from the above Minutes: Another speed related accident had occurred at Northend the previous Saturday morning. Nothing had yet been heard from SCC regarding the A38 problems at Adsborough. It was suggested that simple electronic flashing signs could be used on the A38 to slow traffic. Regarding street lighting at West View, a comment was made that it was evident from the plan that it would have been extremely difficult to fit the lights in whilst avoiding those who did not wish to have them. It was also pointed out that several properties in West View have changed hands since the survey was carried out. The Clerk reported that: I Titcombe will investigate problems at North End roundabout and Cheats Corner, Ruishton as outlined in Mr Wood’s letter. Regarding a request for pavements coming up to North End roundabout, he is forwarding this to Rosie Tremain where it will be prioritised against similar requests. He can consider pedestrian warning signs here but he believes they would lose their effect on this long length of road. He suggested they should be considered either side of the bend near the Worthy Lane junction, the rest of this road is straight and pedestrians are visible to traffic. Members indicated that they did not wish to go ahead with this suggestion. He is to ask SCC to update us on progress of the footpath between the North End roundabout and the Worthy Lane junction. Dog Bin at Canal: DLO has inspected the site and the post which is supporting the existing bin will not be sufficiently strong to support the new one. It will be necessary to order one with the fixing attached to it and this, together with the installation fee, will bring the price up to approx. £285. It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that the dog bin should be ordered.

 

923: Accounts. Internal Audit: a copy of the letter from the Mr Bullen was distributed to members and this would be discussed at the January meeting. After a brief read-through councillors noted that copies of insurance certificates should be obtained with regard to the Recreation Field and from Durston Tree Surgeons and that details of any insurance on the war memorial which is sited in the churchyard should be sought. Annual Financial Statement and Audit: A copy of a financial statement for the year 2004-5 was distributed to Councillors in a new form approved by the internal auditor showing: receipts of £18,163.97, expenditure of £11,336.21, with a surplus £6,827.76. Total funds in the banks on 31.03.05 were £14,710.38. It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to approve the accounts for audit, as already approved and signed off by the internal auditor. The Chairman and Clerk signed the Audit Return accordingly. Bills to be paid: The Clerk having checked invoices as correct, it was proposed, seconded & unanimously agreed that the following amounts be paid: Clerk’s wages - £351.56; A Bullen (internal auditor) - £186.13; Clerk’s expenses - £20.60; Vale Labels - £237.63; Durston Tree Surgeons - £200.00. Precept: This was to be agreed at the January meeting.

7.35pm Cllr Leighton arrived.

 

924(a) Planning Applications received:

Date Ref Application Recommendation
14.11.05 1/2005/02 Removal of cond 3 of permission 1/98/028 to allow use of outbuilding as annex rather than holiday accommodation at North End Farm, CSM It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to support this application provided that the applicant agrees not to later convert the annexe into a separate dwelling.
22.11.05 210/79/1 Application by Environment Agency to construct weed boat launch ramp at the end of Bull St, CSM It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that this application be supported.

 

924(b) Other Planning Matters

Date Ref Application Comment
03.11.05 14/2005/036 Erection of a dwelling to the rear of 1 Paddock Close, CSM Permission refused
14.11.05 14/2005/038 Erection of 1 storey rear extension at Tor View, Adsborough Permission granted
29.11.05 14/2005/039 Erection of a bungalow at 3 Francis Close, Cr Heathfield Permission refused

 

925: Matters of Report: The Clerk was asked to report the following: a sign outside the school at Hyde Lane was still overgrown by vegetation. It had been noted that parked cars were causing congestion and problems for walkers and traffic along St Michaels road between the village centre and the traffic calming system. A pothole had appeared by Rocketts Cottages, Hyde Lane. The LAT had received funds to purchase a speed camera and the necessary jackets. A list of roads requiring speed gun observation was required PC Curtiss and Cllr Rooke agreed to compile this. The road at Ham was to be dug up next week, although those present could not remember seeing any letters warning of this. The Clerk reported that TDBC are to start a programme of pollarding of the willows at Crufts Meadow, starting this winter.

 

926: Reports from Taunton Deane Officers.: D Cllr G Leighton said that a Boundary Commission consultation document regarding proposed changes to Taunton Deane wards was on its way to us. It is proposed that CSM becomes part of a ward also comprising North Curry, Stoke St Gregory and Burrowbridge and this would have 3 District Councillors; similarly, Ruishton would be joined with Stoke St Mary and Neroche and would have 2 District Councillors. She asked if we would please let her know what the Parish Council’s decides to support. Regarding the Local Development Framework street transport planning, emphasis is to be placed on the needs of communities and stakeholders and a thorough consultation with the public is due to commence in March. Feedback from this will be incorporated into the plan. A planning application from SCC for the park and ride scheme at Cambria Farm is expected shortly, and careful consideration would be essential to get the access right. A planning application is also expected soon for the development of Taunton Cricket Ground. Regarding Taunton Vision, this is moving forward and starting to take shape

 

927: Matters to be brought forward to the next meeting: Precept, Internal Auditor’s Report.

 

The meeting closed at 7.53pm.