/ Parish Council / 2008 Minutes / April 2008



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Monday 7 April 2008 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present:  E Webb (Chairman), R Farrow, A Bishop, K Cooper, S Cooper, R Jeanes, G Lucas, R Rooke, D Durdan (Parish Councillors), T Habberfield and Jill Loader (Clerks).  Also in attendance were members of the public. 

 

08/51:  Chairman’s Welcome: The Chairman opened the meeting at 7pm, and welcomed the new clerk Jill Loader. A reminder regarding any interests should be heard, and to ensure everyone remains respectful with each other but to encourage a healthy debate when appropriate. Teresa Habberfield continued by welcoming Jill Loader. She apologised for not minuting what had been agreed at the last meeting which was that there would be an overlap between the new Clerk starting and her finishing, in order to make for a smooth transition. Matters to be addressed were the new standing orders and financial regulations, the Recreation Field Lease, preparing the end of year accounts ready for the auditors, and thinning out of the paperwork. Both clerks were taking the minutes, and Jill was already working on the APM and her Contract of Employment. Both clerks would be working together during the next few weeks and would meet up regularly.


08/52: Apologies: Apologies were received from Cllr Birch and Carter and their reasons for non-attendance were accepted. 
Public speaking: Mrs Jane Wivey from Ham Road informed the PC of the continuing poor condition of the road down to the sewerage works owned by Wessex Water. Tankers were breaking up the road, and making passing places on the verges. Temporary repairs were not satisfactory. It was understood a meeting with Ian Best from Wessex Water had not taken place as agreed. The PC agreed to look into this, and try and meet with Mr Best.


08/53:  Minutes – At Minute 08/36  R Farrow stated she had sent her apologies for not being able to attend the meeting and G Lucas stated the beat office should read ‘officer.’ These were corrected on the minutes. It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that the Minutes be adopted as correct.  The Chairman signed each page of the minutes.  7.08pm  Cllrs Jeanes and Durdan arrived.


08/54:  Matters Arising. The culvert running across the road from Merlyn’s Copse on the road to Creech Heathfield is still blocked.  TDBC had replied that they cleared the stream in Oct 07 and would not be doing any more work there for a while.  Gordon Lucas stated he would show Highways the exact spot if necessary. Clerk to contact Highways to get them back.


08/55.  CSM Recreation Field: The Councillors had received a copy of the Lease from Everys Solicitors. After discussion it was agreed that Eileen Webb would meet with the solicitor to get a better understanding in ‘layman’s terms’ what was being proposed. Once understood, the PC could make a more informed decision. Jill Loader would contact the Somerset Playing Field Association for their advice.  Kelly Durdan reported the Easter Egg Hunt had raised £155. The Jumble Sale was taking place on 19th April.


08/56:  Local Action Team:  A conference was being held at the Holiday Inn at Deane Gate on 8th April at 6.30pm  Cllrs Lucas and Jeanes would be attending.


08/57a.  Correspondence requiring a decision


Date

From

Subject

Decision Reached

19.3.08

TDBC – Mrs M Gibson

Strategic Housing Market Assessment & Consultation

Info available on website

27.03.08

TD Local Strategic Partnership

East Community Partnership in Taunton Deane meeting 14 May 2008 at 6.30pm at Corfe Village Hall

Cllrs Webb, Lucas and Rooke agreed to attend. 

08/57b  Following a law change, after 6th April 08 TDBC have responsibility for stray dogs at all times.  A notice regarding new telephone lines and points of contact advised on a leaflet – put on notice board.  


08/58:  Accounts:  Bills to be paid. It was proposed, seconded & unanimously agreed that the following amounts be paid:  T Habberfield - Clerk’s salary - £478.96, G Willis - £36.00 (Bus shelter cleaning).  Insurance Claim:  It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to proceed with the repairs to the bus shelter at a cost of £274.82 + VAT. Bank Account: It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to proceed with the Alliance and Leicester Deposit Account which offered 4.2% interest and monthly statements.  Clerk’s Printer:  It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to let T Habberfield purchase the PC’s printer for £90.  T Habberfield would arrange to get the PC’s laptop serviced and give to J Loader as a spare.  Cllr Durdan agreed to help move the PC’s filing cabinet and files at the end of the month to the new clerk’s home in Fitzhead. 


08/59a  Planning Applications received:-


Date

Ref

Application

Recommendation

10.03.08

14/2008/009

CHANGE OF USE OF PUBLIC HOUSE TO DWELLING AT RIVERSIDE INN, BULL STREET, CREECH ST MICHAEL

It was proposed, seconded and agreed by a vote of 7 with 2 abstentions to support the application for change of use at Riverside Inn.

02.04.08

14/2008/010AGN

PROVISION OF TRACK 3m wide x 300m long at NG 0830, Adsborough Farm, Adsborough, Taunton

It was proposed, seconded and agreed by a vote of 8 with 1 abstention to support this track providing that it was limited to agricultural use and did not encroach on the privacy of the listed Adsborough Farm.

 

08/59b  Other Planning Matters:


Date

Ref

Application

Decision

29.2.08

14/2007/027

Demolition of bungalow & garage – replaced by two 1.5 story houses & integral garages

Appeal dismissed

4.3.08

14/2008/001LB

Creation of first floor ensuite shower room at Ham Mills, Ham

Permission granted

17.3.08

14/2008/006T

Fell one lime tree

Permission granted

19.3.08

14/2008/003

Erection of two storey extension on South Side of Trevellas, Combe, West Monkton

Permission granted

27.3.08

14/2008/005

Erection of two detached dwellings & garages on land east of Mallow, Creech Heathfield

Permission granted

27.3.08

TP Order TD397

Felling of rotten Horse Chestnut Tree at Theats Farm

Permission granted.

2.4.08

 

Double garage at 2 Worthy Cottages, Worthy Lane

Mr Leighfield has appealed

 

08/60:  Newsletter:  Following Jan Edis’s resignation as Newsletter Editor, it was reported that she will make a request in the next issue for 2 people to a) copy, edit, type up and distribute the newsletter, and b) carry out the accounting and advertising functions for the newsletter. J Edis would like to retire but wanted to make sure the newsletter continued successfully. There were eight new advertisers in the next issue, and an earlier copy date request was agreed for next issue.  


08/61:  Risk Assessment:  To review at next meeting.


08/62:  Worthy Lane: The Chairman distributed copies of an Order with a map which it was felt added weight to the residents’ case that SCC should help to maintain the whole of Worthy Lane. Mrs Webb said she would contact Sam Jones on his return from holiday to arrange a site meeting. This issue was still ongoing, as SCC had not adopted the road.


08/63:  Footpaths and Pavements.
The quotation from Durston Woodlands had been accepted and he had been informed to carry on with the works. The rusting manhole cover at T10/23 had still not been repaired/replaced to date.  Pavements requiring a review were West View, Heathfield Close and Coxes Hill. The hedge off Dillons Road, St Chads, Northend needed trimming back. Ham Bridge footpath was still closed and marked as unsafe. Cllr Webb agreed to contact Sam Jones for an update.


08/64:  Adsborough:. It was reported that signs and lines were being done on the A38.  It was agreed the Clerk would write to Beverley Collard at SCC for an update. A request for lines at the south end of the village was made.


08/65.  Annual Parish Meeting – this is to take place on Friday 18 April.  The mobile library service will give a presentation, K Durdan will speak briefly, and the police will have a presence.  Notices were being put up to advertise the meeting.


08/66.  To receive County & District Councillors’ Reports: Nothing to report from County. TD Cllr Durdan reported a briefing note regarding Pioneer Somerset which has been put together by the county and 5 district councils.  This follows on from the rejected proposal of a single unitary council. The 5 year programme of work is designed to achieve a seamless and fully integrated service, delivering services of high quality, substantial savings and making life better for residents and our diverse communities.  Parish councils will be informed at regular intervals and involved as appropriate in the months ahead. Oxen Lane Public Inquiry:  No decision would be made regarding the refusal of planning applications until after the publication of a report setting out the requirements for gypsy site provision in the South West region. The Inspector, Simon Emerson said he would wait until May 23 for the report to be published and allow legal advisers for TDBC and for the appellants a further 14 days to make representations on the panel’s report.


08/67.  Matters of Report: Telephone box on the corner by the village hall had broken glass panels.  Mr K Fletcher had objected to the closure of West Monkton Post Office, and wanted the PC to support him.  Agreed Clerk would email support before deadline. Damaged flood signs at top of 13 Bends required replacing.  Clerk to contact Highways in first instance.  Allotments:  3 residents wished to have use of an allotment.  Clerk to follow up at TDBC for an update.  Bus timetable change request:  Ideally have bus leaving at 9.30am rather than timetabled 9.45am.  This would allow time to catch the 10.05am bus from Taunton to Wells.  Precept: TDBC have made a mistake and allocated us £40 too much for the Precept.  A letter from Mr Warburton at Adsborough listed many items regarding road safety. He has been accepted on to the panel SCC twice yearly meeting of the "Som. Public Transport Forum" at County Hall and would be pleased to put forward any matters the Parish Council would like him to.  Main issue was to replace the cats eyes on Adsborough Hill as many are missing or in a very poor condition. From Rev Birch, Zion Chapel: A team from Moorlands College were visiting from 19th – 25th May, and it was suggested they could paint the inside of the recreation field hut, once agreed by the CSMFRC.


08/68.  Matters to be brought forward to the next meeting:  Footpaths & pavements, risk assessment, Wessex Water, Newsletter. The meeting closed at 8.42 pm.  The Annual Parish Meeting is on Friday 18 April at 7.30pm. The next two Parish Council meetings will be on Tue 6 May (annual meeting) and Monday, 2 June.