/ Parish Council / 2008 Minutes / June 2008



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Monday 2nd June 2008 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present:  E Webb (Chairman), R Farrow, A Bishop, A Birch, K Cooper, S Cooper, R Jeanes, R Rooke, D Durdan and Jill Loader (Clerk).  Also in attendance were David Grieg (TDBC) PCSO Lynsey Gamblin, Kelly Durdan (CSMRFMC), T Habberfield and members of the public. 


                                                                                               
08/89 Eileen Webb welcomed everyone to the meeting, especially David Greig from TDBC.
Public speaking time : None

 

08/91  Apologies:  Apologies were received from T Carter, G Lucas and G Leighton and their reason for non-attendance were accepted.


08/92  Minutes :  It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that the May Minutes be adopted as correct.  The Chairman signed each page of the minutes.

 

08/93 Matters arising: a)  A38 @ Adsborough - A Bishop, R Rooke & E Webb agreed  it was necessary to meet with Red Route Officer to discuss the issues with the junctions into Adsborough.  With the proposed housing and additional traffic volumes, this would increase the likelihood of more problems accessing Adsborough. b)  Merlyn’s Copse – still blocked - clerk to contact TDBC.  c)  St Michael’s letter was discussed and agreed to write to Rev. Manning.


08/94  Creech St Michael Recreation Field Management Committee:  K Durdan thanked everyone who had helped at the Fun Day.  Everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves.  E Webb asked K Durdan for a list of invoices and planned expenditure which included VAT, so the PC could deduct this off the grant, and claim back the VAT.
Lease Update: E Webb, T Habberfield and J Loader had met with Helen Jones from Everys Solicitors on 29th May. It was agreed that Mrs Jones would produce a summary of the lease and offer options relating to the position of the  trustees.  The PC would remain as landlords, CSMRFMC would remain as tenants.  Once the summary had been received the PC could make an informed decision.  


08/95  Local Action Team:  The last meeting had been cancelled, so there was nothing to report.   It was reported that the bend by the Zion Chapel and the Bell Inn needed a speed camera session.  PCSO Lynsey Gamblin said she would arrange a risk assessment, before this camera session could be carried out. 


08/94  Correspondence:-  a)  BT Public call box removal proposal – after discussion it was agreed to write a reply based on having at least one central kiosk in the village, which could save a life.  This was a public service and should not be viewed as a profit making service.   It was suggested that perhaps the shop could have a pay phone outside, if the village loses all the BT kiosks. 


08/95 New Clerk’s Contract of Employment – after discussion, it was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to approve the clerk’s new contract of employment. 


08/96  Accounts:  Year End Accounts: The clerk issued the year end accounts for approval.  Both T Habberfield and J Loader had finalised them.  It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed these were approved.  The Clerk had arranged a meeting on 22nd July with the internal auditor to check the accounts prior to sending them off to the External Auditor.   T Habberfield reminded the PC that the accounts included £5,000 for the Recreation Field improvements, and £6,000 was the safe crossing projects.  This amount should be noted for the Internal Auditor.


Bills to be paid:It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to pay the following invoices:  Deane DLO Bus shelter repair - £322.91, Clerks Salary £429.75, Clerks Expenses £139.82, BT line rental £19.52,  T Habberfield – final expenses – £168.85, T Habberfield – final salary £110.74.


08/97  Planning Applications received:-      

Date

Ref

Application

Response

13.5.08

14/2008/012

Change of use of field to garden area North Penange, Adsborough

It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to support this application.

13.5.08

14/2008/015

Erection of a two storey medical centre and associated parking at land at North End, CSM

It was proposed, seconded and agreed by 8 votes with 1 abstention to object to the site of the new medical centre.  Clerk to send letter to J Moore detailing objections read out at the meeting.

 


08/98  Mill Lane Planning and Traffic Issues:  A meeting on 19th May with K Martin from Highways had highlighted the problems with access to Mill Lane.  E Webb had not had a reply to date.  It was reported that an alternative entrance and exit to Mill Lane was needed which could be from Five Arch Bridge and onto the Ruishton road.   


08/99 Footpaths and Pavements:  All under control. T10/6 footpath was due to be cut by 6th June.

 

08/100 Risk Assessment- Almost complete and would be ready for the Auditor’s approval in July.


08/101  Petrol Allowance  It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that Councillors could claim back travelling expenses, if they had attended official invited council meetings.  Agreed – 40 pence per mile. Clerk to design a form.   It was agreed R Rooke could claim his costs retrospectively. 


08/102 County & District Councillors’ Reports.  Nothing to report from SCC.   D Durdan reported there were various notice boards available from TDBC.  Agreed to find out more and report to clerk. 


08/103 Matters of Report.   PCSO L Gamblin reported there had been an increase in non dwelling burgularies and caravan thefts.  Advised to put a car in front of the loaded caravan, to avoid it being stolen.  Rogue traders were still around.  Make sure you see some form of identity.   Take their car registration number and be careful.  Caravans at Langaller:  TDBC were dealing with this issue.   Merlyn’s copse – the hand rail had been repaired.  Thanks went to D Durdan and R Rooke.  Ham Footbridge – E Webb had been told this would be repaired by the end of July.  Footpath complaint – a walker had fallen off a stile between T10/2, T22/13 and T10/3.  Clerk to write a letter to Ruishton PC as part of the walk covered their parish. Cookes Close PCSO L Gamblin to contact Mr Warren re parking in front of garage. Carnival Nights – planned for 19 June at 6pm from CSM school.   On 24 June various Taunton schools were having a carnival parade from the cricket ground.  Allotements parishioners requested more allotements.  Suggest putting notice in newsletter.  TD Area Working Panel Meeting: next meeting June 11th at Bishops Hull.  T Carter to attend if possible and E Webb.


08/104 Matters to be carried forward to the next Parish Council Meeting.  a) Problems with public houses closing, and suggesting the playing field become a ‘club’ for the village with coffee/teas available.  This would help raise funds for the village and be a ‘centre’ for the community.    b)  Flood defence scheme for CSM – think about school term restrictions, loading restrictions for Mill Lane, Bull Street and Vicarage Lane, working hour restrictions.

The meeting closed at 8.39pm.  The next two parish council meetings will take place on Monday, 7th July 2008 and Monday, 4th August (planning only).