/ Parish Council / 2008 Minutes / May 2008



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Tuesday 6th May 2008 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present: E Webb (Chairman), R Farrow, A Bishop, A Birch, K Cooper, S Cooper, R Jeanes, R Rooke, Tom Carter and Jill Loader (Clerk). Also in attendance were members of the public.

 

08/69 Eileen Webb welcomed everyone to the meeting, especially Mr Andrew Lehner from West Country Developments. Teresa Habberfield was unfortunately ill and therefore, the party for her would take place on 2nd June meeting. The Clerk introduced herself and then asked for any nominations for the position of Chairman.


08/70 Election of Chairman. It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that E Webb be elected as Chairman, which she duly accepted.


08/71 Election of Vice-Chairman. It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that R Farrow be elected as Vice-Chairman, which she duly accepted.


08/72 Appointment of representatives and working party members. It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that the following officers be elected: a) Planning Working Party ? E Webb, A Bishop, T Carter b)Taunton Deane Local Strategic Partnership - R Rooke, G Lucas c) East Community Partnership (North Curry, Neroche, Corfe, Ruishton, Creech St Michael) ? R Rooke, G Lucas d) Local Development Framework and other matters relating to Local Development - E Webb, A Bishop, T Carter e) Highway related Matters and Highway Development ? R Farrow f) SALC. ? n/a g) Footpaths/Rights of Way R Rooke, G Lucas h) Recreation Field. T Carter, S Cooper i) Local Action Team S Cooper, K Cooper j) Tree Warden/Hedgerow Steward R Jeanes k) Fly Tipping/fly posting R Rooke l) Environment Agency/Flooding Matters/Wessex Water/other environmental matters R Jeanes, D Durdan m) Grievance Panel. E Webb, A Bishop, T Carter n) Village Hall E Webb o) United Charities ? E Webb p) Appeals Panel ? A Bishop, R Rooke, R Farrow q) Disciplinary Panel ? E Webb, D Durdan, A Bishop r) Disciplinary Appeals Panel ? S Cooper, T Carter, G Lucas

 

Public speaking time a) Mrs J Underhay and Mrs Lynch wanted to know what was happening to the Bell Inn as it was now vacant. E Webb was speaking with the owners next week to find out their plans for the pub. b) Land off Langaller Lane owned by 4 different people had ?travellers? on it. TDBC had been informed.

 

08/73 Apologies: Apologies were received from D Durdan, G Lucas, G Leighton, K Durdan and their reason for non-attendance were accepted.


08/74 Minutes : At minute 08/56 it was a Speed Watch Event, not LAT and R Jeanes had not agreed to attend, but G Lucas. The amendments were recorded. It was proposed, econded and unanimously agreed that the Minutes be adopted as correct. The Chairman signed each page of the minutes.


08/75 Matters arising: Outstanding: E Webb still trying to meet with Sam Jones re Worthy Lane. B Collard letter re Adsborough lines ? A Bishop to let clerk know contact details. T10 20 ? Clerk written to Sam Jones after R Rooke corrected contact for her.


08/76 Correspondence:-


Date

From

Subject

Decision Reached

7.4.08

St Michael?s Church

Letter - Re minute 08/45 newsletter ? March meeting

Clerk responded with apology letter. Wells Diocese advised not PC business ?any further contact direct to church.

17.4.08

SCC

A361/A372 Red Route Workshop ? 17th May

No one could attend

19.4.08

Zurich Municipal

Health & Safety Local Council Advisory Seminars

No-one interested in attending

27.3.08

TD Local Strategic Partnership

Reminder: Meeting on 14th May at 6.30pm Corfe Village Hall

Cllrs Webb, Lucas and Rooke attending

5.6.08

SALC

Meeting at Bicknoller on 5th June

Agreed not to attend.

 

08/77 New Clerk?s Contract of Employment ? R Farrow, E Webb and J Loader to meet to discuss the various queries relating to the contract.


08/78 Accounts: Year End Accounts update ? T Habberfield handing over accounts to J Loader at the end of the week. Year end completed. Clerk to arrange internal and external audit and financial summary for June meeting.


Bills to be paid:It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to pay the following invoices: Subscription to the Community Council for Somerset ?25, Affiliation fee for Somerset Association of Local Councils ?483.17, Clerks Salary ?429.75, Clerks Expenses ?65.24, BT telephone installation ?124.99, BT line rental ?17.70, Post Office (T Habberfield phone) ?58.20, CSM Village Hall ?48.00, QS Printers (newletter) ?265.00. Total ?1,517.05. Balance of current account after payments: ?1,670.00. Agreed T Habberfield could get her phone line disconnected as soon as practical.


08/79a Planning Applications received:-


Date

Ref

Application

Response

25.3.08

14/2008/13

1st Floor rear extension & alteration to sun roof at 2 The Glebe, Vicarage Lane, CSM

It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to support this application

19.4.08

14/2008/014

Replacement of windows, internal provision of fire escape staircase and plant room at Creech Paper Mill, Creech Court

It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed not to support this application. The new windows were not in keeping with the building. The Enforcement Officer should visit the site as windows had been installed on two floors prior to planning permission being granted.

23.4.08

14/20007/048

Hyde Lane Residential Development - additional dwellings change

It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to support this application, subject to conditions regarding works traffic during the development, as per minute 08/08a January 08. Agreed to write to Geoff Copp and Julie Moore - SCC regarding access to the new A38 relief road, with copies to Heathfield School for their support.

25.4.08

14/20008/016

Demolition of outbuilding & erection of detached garage, Lashpool

It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to support this application.

29.4.08

14/2008/011

Erection of single storey extension, 1 West View, CSM

It was proposed, seconded and agreed by 7 votes with 2 abstentions to support this application.

 

Date

Ref

Application

Comment

16.4.08

14/2008/004

Construction of loft conversion 7 Kendal Close Creech Heathfield

Permission granted

17.4.08

14/2008/007

Change of use of part premises to veterinary surgery, St Michael?s Rd, CSM

Permission granted

17.4.08

14/2008/008LB

Listed Building consent works for veterinary surgery, St Michael?s Road, CSM

Permission granted

17.4.08

14/2008/009

Change of use of public house to dwelling ? Riverside Inn, Bull Street, CSM

Permission granted

 

 

08/79b. Other Planning Matters


08/80 Mill Lane Planning and Traffic Issues The Chairman handed out a letter from the Mill Lane Residents Association regarding Mill Lane and the traffic issues. PC to read letter and comment for next meeting. She also read out a letter from Derek Smart, Chairman of the Mill Lane Residents Association asking for support in improving the traffic access and slowing vehicles in Mill Lane. After discussion, The Chairman stated she was meeting with K Martin from Highways on 19th May at 9.30am to discuss the problems. D Durdan, G Sully, N Smyth were attending.


08/81 Footpaths and Pavements R Rooke stated all footpaths and pavement actions were under control, bar those mentioned earlier. Agreed to send Jim Hurst a ?get well soon? card, and note requesting the footpath inspection report as soon as he is well enough. Bus stop in St Michaels Road ? Clerk to contact T Habberfield for an update. Clerk to contact Rivers Authority via Sam Jones re cutting the grass at T10/06.


08/82 Wessex Water update E Webb, D Durdan meeting K Martin from Highways on 19th May at 8.30am to discuss Ham Road traffic issues. Agreed that Nick Stone was to verify that tankers will past along lane one at a time.


08/83 Notice boards R Rooke stated the notice board in Creech Heathfield required repairing. Only a temporary fix had been done. Agreed notice boards are checked and repaired. Clerk to contact appropriate contractor.


08/84 Newsletter T Habberfield had sent an apology email to J Edis regarding the inappropriate letter that was published.


08/85 Risk Assessment- currently being updated and would be ready for the Auditor?s approval and June meeting.


08/86 County & District Councillors? Reports. Nothing to report.


08/87 Matters of Report. Mr Taylor ? 60 West View, CSM requested a letter from TDBC that the trees are safe after the inspection for insurance purposes. Fly-posting Put notice in paper for all residents that it is an offence to fly post around the village. It?s against the conditions of hiring the village hall and all posters should be removed after the event. LAT handed out leaflets from Avon & Somerset Constabulary regarding rogue traders/cold callers for information. Apparently there has been an increase in burglaries during the day. Cooks Close ? PCSO L Gamblin was checking the area regularly. A Youth club evening at the Recreation Field was planned in June and to run fortnightly, which had full support from PCSO who would also attend. Knapp Cricket Club ? damage to the field by vehicles had been reported to the police. CSM Family Fun Day was being held on Saturday 31st May at Hyde Lane. Speed Watch carried out last Saturday with PCSO L Gamblin and R Rooke ? successful day with average speed of cars between 15/20 mph. Bell Inn ? suggestions to keep an eye on this pub as it was vacant. Mr Wildman 38 West View had written re motorway noise levels. E Webb has asked the Highways Agency, Motorway Division to write to her.


08/88 Matters to be carried forward to the next Parish Council Meeting. None. The meeting closed at 9.01pm. The next two parish council meetings will take place on Monday, 2nd June and Monday, 7th July 2008.