/ Parish Council / 2008 Minutes / September 2008



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Monday 8th September 2008 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present:  E Webb (Chairperson), R Farrow, A Bishop, A Birch, K Cooper, S Cooper, R Jeanes, R Rooke, G Lucas, D Durdan and Jill Loader (Clerk).  Also in attendance were Cllr A Clarke, K Durdan, G Birch, C Owen and members of the public. 


                                                                       
08/133 The Chairperson welcomed both councillors and the public to the meeting.


08/134  Apologies:  Apologies were received from T Carter.


Public speaking time :  G Birch asked the councillors about where to place the village Christmas Tree as the Bell Inn was no longer occupied and there was no electricity for the lights.  He also asked about where the villagers could stand for the carol service on Christmas Eve.  After discussion, it was agreed the PC would try and find a suitable venue and report back at the next meeting.  


08/135  Minutes from July Meeting: It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that the July minutes be adopted as correct.  The Chairperson signed each page of the minutes.  Minutes from August Meeting:  08/129 was amended to read ‘second’ cut and not third.  The minutes were then proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to be adopted as correct.  The Chairperson signed each page of the minutes.


08/136 Matters Arising:  a) T10/23 manhole cover still not replaced – chase Wessex Water  b)  T10/14 &14a no reply from Sam Jones to date.  c)  Ham Bridge – footpath overgrown leading up to pump requires cutting – Sam Jones d)  Worthy Lane update – send letter to Mr Hartnell for information.  e)  Gullys in Hyde Lane between school and recreation field require emptying.  f)  Langaller and Hyde Lane still requires a tidy up after cutting  g)  Walford Hill floods due to drains being blocked  h)  No reply from A Pipe yet regarding quotation on maintenance of footpaths

 

08/137  Update on Matters of Report – items still outstanding:  a)  Follow up again regarding letter for Mrs Taylor -  Mark Holloway, b) British Water Ways – tree cutting c) Bell Inn – what is going to happen? d) Network Rail – re Laburnum Terrace

 

08/138 Correspondance: 


Date

From

Subject

Outcome

21.7.08

Mr Gale

Overgrown hedge at St Chads

Write to thank for work in Autumn

25.7.08

Rev Gary Birch

Christmas Tree position – Bell Inn

PC to find a suitable position

4.8.08

TDBC

Standards Committee

No one to stand

18.8.08

SCC

Weight Restriction on railway bridge

Signs placed earlier in village to inform lorries – public notice required – find out more information on how this weight restriction will be enforced  

8.9.08

Somerset Water Management Partnership

Request for a member to represent Upper Tone

Richard Jeanes agreed

15.8.08

Community Council for Somerset

AGM – 10th September

No one will be attending

8.9.08

SALC

BT Call boxes – adopt a phone box @£500 per year

Agreed not to adopt a BT phone box

4.9.08

PC Mark West

Partners and Communities Together – assistance

Agreed to copy email for councillors and discuss at next meeting

8.9.08

Nigel Finch

Letter re cat shot with air gun pellet

PC agreed to keep vigilant and inform others who own cats.  The letter had been put onto the web site

 

08/139  Accounts:  Bills to be paid: It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to pay the following invoices:  Village Hall £16.00, Clerks salary £429.75, Clerks Expenses £78.32, Telephone line £20.62, Shed Flowers £40.00 (G Leighton funeral), T Bullen - Auditor £139.08. 

 

 08/140 Planning Applications Received:


Date

Ref

Application

Decision Reached

6.8.08

14/2008/023LB

Installation of sky mini dish to chimney at Crown House, Crown Lane, Creech Heathfield

The PC voted unanimously to support this application

6.8.08

14/2008/022

Retention of garden shed at Crown House, Crown Lane, Creech Heathfield

The PC voted unanimously to support the comments made from the Listed Buildings Department  

13.8.08

14/2008/026

Removal of bay window and construction of new lean-to extension to rear elevation to the Well House, CSM

The PC voted unanimously to support this application

28.8.08

14/2008/028

Erection of two storey side and single storey rear extensions at Reparian, Bull Street CSM

The PC voted unanimously to support this application

 

08/140 b)  Other Planning Matters


Date

Ref

Application

Decision Reached

1.8.08

14/2008/015

Erection of a two storey Medical Centre and parking at land at North End CSM

The application has been withdrawn

14.8.08

14/2008/021

Variation of condition 08 – removal of onerous conditions (fencing off of trees)

Permission granted

27.8.08

14/2008/024

Retention of replacement windows at Creech Paper Mill, Mill Lane CSM

Permission granted

5.9.08

14/2008/017

Demolition of bungalow and erection of two 1.5 storey dwellings at Rosewood, North End, CSM

Permission refused

 

08/141  Matters of Report:  a)  CSM Village Tidy Up – S Cooper/R Farrow to report at next meeting their suggestions on how to tidy up the village and get residents involved b) Obtain permission from Highways to put a large boulder in Ham naming the village c) Require a new bench at North End – need a 3 seater – obtain quotes d) Suggested the notice board by the garage is moved perhaps to the shop for easier access for residents to read notices e) Hedge requires cutting by Rocketts Cottages – TDBC -  f) LAT now dissolved – the funds are being divided between 3 schools and CSM project  - take out of newsletter – speedwatch continuing  g) Beware of thieves – either breaking into homes, or taking vehicles – report to police any suspicious activity  h) Hedge growing into road by Ryesland Way by telephone box – TDBC i)  Hedge overgrown off St Michael’s Road where bungalow is up for sale – notify the Agents j) Newsletter – new editors – Mr and Mrs Philips have agreed to take over from Jan Edis.  Jan will help with November newsletter  k) Ham village – stones on highway at resident’s properties – inform them of their liability  l) C Beale – hedge requires cutting m) Mr Diamond – area of land requires cutting – A Clark agreed to write n) Next year R Jeanes and D Durdan to plan the parish water boat trips from R Jeanes field.


08/142   A38 update – understand Highways are reviewing the situation at Adsborough.


08/143 Notice boards - two notice boards from TDBC no longer required have been collected.  One will replace the Ham notice board and the other for the Recreation Field.  Clerk to obtain keys. Notice board for West View - it was proposed seconded and unanimously agreed to spend the planning fee to have another notice board put up between Arundells Way and Hyde Lane.  This would hopefully stop the fly posting on telegraph poles.  The notice board was currently being held by D Durdan.


08/144 Wessex Water Update -  Last meeting held on 23.7.08 – agreed to repair and resurface Ham Road, an alternative system is required to get lorries up and down the lane safely, agreed to replace the ‘sewage’ sign,  new expansion plans and alternative route to works is planned and all residents will be kept informed, height restriction bar needs replacing, a new speed camera will be fitted on the works access track and drivers reminded to keep noise down with their radios,  complaints procedure is in place with a telephone number – 0845 600 4600.  Next meeting is on 14th October at the Treatment works.


08/145 Bulbs for Ham – R Rooke had purchased and distributed the bulbs and the residents had planted them.


08/146 District Councillors Report – nothing to report  - SCC Report – A Clark reported he was donating £1,000 out of his funds towards the car park repairs by the canal.


08/147 Community Support Officer – Lynsey Gamblin reported everyone should be aware of suspicious activity as there had been a spat of thefts.  Her next surgery was on 18th September at 12.30 in the Village Hall.


08/148  Matters to be carried forward to the next Parish Council Meeting -  Village tidy up, Christmas Tree position
The meeting closed at 8.50pm.  The next two parish council meetings will take place on Monday, 6th October and Monday, 3rd November 2008.