/ Parish Council / 2009 Minutes / December 2009



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Monday 7th December 2009 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present:  E Webb (Chairperson), A Bishop, F Bates, T Carter, K Cooper, S Cooper, R Jeanes, R Rooke, G Lucas, D Durdan and Jill Loader (Clerk).  Also in attendance were Mr P Dunstan (temp clerk), SC Cllr David Fothergill, Cllr K Durdan, M Jeffery, K Fletcher, G Buxton-Smith and D Mann from Environment Agency and two members of the public.


                                                                       
09/364 The Chairperson welcomed everyone to the meeting.


09/365 Apologies:   R Farrow sent her apologies and her reason for non attendance was accepted.


09/366   Declaration of Interest:  None


Public speaking time :  K Fletcher would speak at section 09/371 regarding Adsborough

 

09/367 Update on Flood Defence Project:  D Mann and G Buxton Smith updated the meeting regarding the flood defence project.  They hoped to be finished very soon, with only some minor works to be finished in the new year.  All residents appeared to be pleased with the works and outcome.  E Webb thanked the speakers for keeping the PC up to date on the project and the success.


  
09/368 Minutes from November Meeting: Minute 09/360 was changed to read ‘concrete posts’ and ‘they had been knocked over’.  It was then proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that the November minutes be adopted as correct.  The Chairperson signed each page of the minutes.  


09/369 Matters Arising: None


09/370  Chairperson’s Report: E Webb thanked Mr Dunstan for his help whilst the clerk was recovering from her accident.  E Webb was also pleased to welcome back the clerk tonight.


09/371  A38 Adsborough Traffic Study Report from SLR Consulting – Each Parish Councillor had received a copy of the report prior to the meeting.  Some Councillors had not had time to read and digest the detailed report for the meeting.  It was agreed to allow more time for Councillors to read this and to raise any comments at the January 2010 meeting.  Once this had been discussed, Neil Brant would attend a PC meeting to agree the next steps forward.   K Fletcher thanked the PC for all the recent work and support that had brought about appointing the consultant and detailed report.  The funds raised by Adsborough residents totalled £1,375 to date. 


09/372  Accounts: Bills to be paid:   a)  It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to pay the following invoices:  Quality Service Printers - £332.04,  Clerks salary - £445.95,  Clerks expenses - £48.00, Clerks Telephone - £ 39.33, British Gas for Recreation Field - £81.59, TDBC Election costs - £1,388.35,  SALC membership - £106.00, Jennifleurs Studio - £30.00, St Michael’s Church -  £315.00,  St Michael’s Church - £685.00,  Traditional Window Cleaning - £45.00,  Expenses for Temporary Clerk - £21.98,  Travel for K Cooper - £14.00,  Travel for A Bishop - £12.00.    b)  External Audit Report Findings: The Clerk informed the meeting she had received the External Audit Report back from Moore Stephens.   They had approved it, but suggested that there should be a review of the effectiveness of the system of the internal audit before the year to 31st March 2010.  The clerk would raise this at the next meeting.   c)  The Council should also minute that a discussion of both internal and external audit reports had taken place, even if there were no queries.   d)  Draft Precept 2010/11 - A discussion regarding the draft precept for 2010/11 took place.  It was agreed to reduce the proposed precept down to this year’s figure of £17,250.   Clerk to produce second draft at the January meeting for approval.   Deadline for submitting next year’s precept to TDBC was January 14th. 


09/373 Planning Applications


Date

Ref

Application

Decision Reached

5.11.09

14/09/0040

Erection of one 11KW twin bladed wind turbine mounted on free standing 18M lattice mast on a 5SQM concrete base at Lashpool Bungalow, Charlton, CSM

The Parish Council unanimously supported this application. 

The only query they had, was how was the electricity going to be connected from the mast pole back to the house?  The distance from pole to house was lengthy.

11.11.09

4/14/09/0042

Erection of recycling facility structures including glass and paper/cardboard recycling bays, an open-fronted structure to accommodate a baler (for cans and paper/card) and a roof structure over a kitchen waste collection area, erection of lighting columns revised location of portable cabins and modular structures to be used as office and welfare facilities, and additional parking provision, at land at former Langdon Dept, Walford Cross, Taunton, TA2 8QP

The Parish Council unanimously voted to object to this application, for the following reasons: 

Noise Pollution
They are concerned regarding the level of noise this site will attract with lorries coming backwards and forwards as well as the noise when dropping recycling cans, bottles and the baler packing the bundles of materials.

Food Waste Management
Concerns were raised regarding the level of handling of food waste appropriately.  Questions asked were not satisfactorily answered.


Concerns regarding wildlife, ie rats and foxes, entering the site to find the dropped food around the area would highlight health concerns, as well as animals crossing the motorway at night in order to get to the food bins.

It was noted the food remains in these bins for a short period, but it may remain longer over bank holidays and other long weekends, for up to 72 hours which will cause more issues. The smell generated would be increased during the summer months, and very unpleasant to those who work and live close by. 

Concerns were also raised with regard to the electricity pylon lines in the site and a gas main in the middle of the site.

It was also noted, that future residential building is planned close to the area which would concern potential residents.

 

09/374 Other Planning Applications


Date

Number

Application

Outcome

2.12.09

14/09/0020

Erection of crane and formation of doorway works to road and erection of fencing at County Hardwoods, Creech Mill, CSM

Grant permission

30.11.09

14/09/0024

Reserved matters application for erection of 76 houses on land at Hyde Lane, CSM

Grant permission

30.11.09

14/09/0025

Erection of 4 house with associated vehicular access, parking and hard and soft landscaping on land at Hyde Lane, CSM

Grant permission

27.11.09

14/09/0039

Construction of a storm water holding area in connection with application 14/09/0015 (medical centre) at land off Hyde Lane, CSM

Grant permission

2.12.09

14/09/0036

Erection of replacement wall and gates at the front of Avalon, Meads Droveway, Creech Heathfield

Grant permission

 

09/375  Footpaths, Pavements & Bus Shelters: a)   Ham Bridge:  It was reported Ham Bridge had been installed but there were issues regarding the safety rails and pathway beyond the bridge.  It was understood the bridge would be closed again to resolve these issues.   b)  Pavements: It was agreed to contact PCSO Lynsey Gamblin to report cars were parking on pavements which was illegal, all around the village.  c)  Bus Stop at Creech Heathfield: It was reported that there was not a suitable hard standing area at this bus stop.  Passengers were stepping onto a grass verge.  It was agreed to contact SCC to see if this could be resolved. 


09/376  Matters of Report  a)  G Lucas reported many of the pavements had surface water on and could not run into drains.   b)  D Durdan reported the bridge at New Cut had been repaired temporarily.  The clerk read out an email from Paul Nation detailing what they had done.  It was agreed to contact Mr Nation and get him to check the top rails underneath as the corrosion was severe there.   c) A Bishop reported the hedge at the bus stop needed cutting back.  New neighbours had moved in, so it was agreed to contact them to see if they could cut this back.   The bus shelter seat at Adsborough had not been cleaned very well last month.  Clerk to contact window cleaner to complain.  d)  Hedge at 1 Rocketts Close still required cutting back.   e)  The notice board at Adsborough required a new lock.  Clerk to contact a lock smith to repair.   f)  Dog fouling issues again at Hyde Lane – agreed to contact Vets to ask owners to be responsible and pick up the mess.   A dog bin was in Hyde Lane. 


09/377  CSM Recreation Field Update:  The new chairman Marlon Jeffery thanked Kelly Durdan for all her work.  The next meeting was on 14th December @ 7.30pm.  A discussion took place regarding the existing lease and there was some confusion as to when the Chairman and Vice Chairman should be elected. It was agreed to keep the committee that was elected on 23rd November the same.  A new lease or agreement was being worked on, and would be presented to the PC soon.  It was agreed the next lease/agreement should be simple and easily understood, so everyone would not get confused. The existing lease runs out in October 2010. 


09/378  Mill Lane:   Nothing to report.


09/379  Worthy Lane:  Ester Harbour was the new Rights of Way Officer at SCC.  It was agreed to contact her regarding the position of works to be carried out in Worthy Lane.

 

09/380 Correspondence: 


Date

From

Subject

Outcome

 

Victim Support

Request for a donation

K Cooper proposed a donation of £25.  No other Councillor supported her. 

 

SCC

North End Culvert works

SCC Darren Norman would be reporting back his findings regarding this problem.

 

SALC /NALC

Clerks hourly rate increase to approve

The PC unanimously voted the increase in the clerk’s wages (0.88p per hour)

 

09/381 SCCllrs Report  -  David Fothergill wanted to know if there was any traffic flow changes since the new Park & Ride had been opened at Henlade.  It as agreed that CSM was still being used as a rat run.  Traffic light works would be completed by February 2010.   SCC are cutting their service budget by £20m.  But potential road repair funds were being increased by 10%.   TDBC were expanding the Handy Man Scheme to County level.  TDBC were offering funds for play areas for next year.  
District Councillors Report –  Dave Durdan reported there were plans to build additional housing by 2026 from Comeytrowe to CSM.  A consultation would take place on 28th January at the Village Hall from 3pm till 8pm.  Kelly Durdan reported Derek Gardner from Somerset Most Talent was offering the Recreation Field a piece of play equipment.  Recreation Committee to contact Mr Gardner for more details.


09/382  Matters to be carried forward to the next Parish Council Meeting -  Adsborough SLR Consulting Report,  Worthy Lane, Bus Shelter. 


The meeting closed at 9.15pm. The next two parish council meetings will take place on Monday, 4th January and Monday 1st February 2010.