/ Parish Council / 2009 Minutes / January 2009



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Monday 5th January 2009 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present:  E Webb (Chairperson), R Farrow, A Bishop, K Cooper, S Cooper, R Jeanes, R Rooke, G Lucas, D Durdan, A Birch and Jill Loader (Clerk).  Also in attendance were Cllr K Durdan, SCCllr A Clark, PC D Perry and members of the public.

09/199 The Chairperson welcomed everyone to the meeting and wished them a Happy New Year.


09/200 Apologies: None
Public speaking time :   Michael Phillips the new Newsletter editor informed the meeting that he wished to make two changes to the newsletter.  After discussion, it was voted unanimously to a) change the name to CSM Parish Magazine and b) to print the inside on white paper but keep the blue cover.  This would reduce printing costs too.

Helen Phillips wished to be part of the panel discussing the future plans for the area if possible.  This would be discussed under agenda item 6 – correspondence. 
  
09/201 Minutes from December Meeting:  One amendment was made to correct the name GPI Investments.  The minutes were then proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed that they were correct for December and were adopted.  The Chairperson signed each page of the minutes.  


09/202 Matters Arising:  a)  Seat at Bus stop – it was agreed all Councillors would inspect the Hyde Lane bus stop, to decide whether to have a seat fitted or not – dependant upon the space available allowing for prams etc to be able to walk past satisfactory.  Agreed to report findings at the next meeting and to vote.  b) Notice board – it was proposed, seconded and agreed to purchase a new oak notice board for Ham by a vote of 10 for and with 1 abstention and to give back the yellow 2 sided notice board to TDBC – which had been obtained by mistake.   c) Notice board at CSM garage – agreed E Webb and D Durdan to visit the garage owner to agree the new position of the notice board. 
7.30pm SCCllr A Clark arrived.


09/203 Chairperson’s Report:    Jan Edis had sent a thank you card for her leaving gift of vouchers and a cheque, which was read out.  A letter from SCC Rights of Way regarding the removal of Ham Bridge was read out, detailing the severity of the central pier.  Replacement of the bridge is planned for March 2009, weather permitting.  Medical Centre update:  agreed the PC would hold a public meeting on 23rd January at 7.30pm in the village hall to discuss the proposed new planning application for the medical centre in Hyde Lane.  Agreed to place a notice in the Gazette to inform residents as well as notices around the parish. 


09/204  Correspondence


Date

From

Subject

Decision reached

18.12.08

T Purchase, Road Safety Engineer - SCC

Creech St Michael Railway Bridge

Write to Railway re strengthening bridge.  Check re 8.6 ton buses route – can cross bridge

20.12.08

TDBC

Taunton Town Centre Area Action Plan – adopted October 2008

Circulated to PC 

23.12.08

TDBC – Forward Plan & Regeneration Unit

LDF Parish Workshop Guide and Instructions for Facilitators

Agreed to have 8-10 people – E Webb, K Cooper, S Cooper, G Lucas, A Birch, A Bishop, H Phillips, R Rooke +2.  E Webb to agree 2 dates for these meetings before deadline of end Feb.

 

09/205  Planning


Date

Ref

Application

Decision reached

19.12.08

14/08/0036

Flood defence improvements at land at Mill Lane, Tone Bridge Island, Bull Street, Brickyard Farm, Creech St Michael

The councillors voted unanimously to support the flood defence project.

 

09/206 Matters of Report   a)  Worthy Lane – ask Sam Jones when works will be carried out b) A38 Adsborough - K Fletcher was putting a petition together asking those drivers/suppliers who use this junction to agree how dangerous this was c) Overgrown hedge at Lane End Corner, Ham – understood Mrs Baker in Stoke St Mary owns the hedge d) Rubbish Bins required at Coldharbour Bridge, by West Moor Drove and Creech Car Park by canal needed emptying and a larger bin e)  Rubbish by viaduct in CSM needed clearing.


09/207  Merlyn’s Copse and Footpaths A Pipe would be carrying out the works in Merlyn’s Copse during January.  Permission was given to remove the gate and post.  Once works completed the gate would be replaced and a new post put in, as the existing one was rotten. 

 

09/208  Gullies and Drains  North End – it was agreed Graham Warnecke from SCC Highways should meet with PC to discuss the problems at North End.  The drain outside the Bell Inn was still blocked.  It was understood that Ken Nation would be meeting with Graham Warnecke to resolve this issue – this required chasing up.


09/209  Dillons Street Lighting Survey After discussion it was agreed to write to every resident in Dillons Road to find out who still wishes to have street lighting.  The letter would state if there was a majority (51%/49%) the lighting would be installed at the position defined by SCC.  K Cooper agreed to deliver the letters by hand with R Farrow and E Webb to help.    West View Street Lighting would be discussed at the February meeting. 


09/210  Accounts:  Bills to be paid: It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to pay the following invoices:  Village Hall £8.00, Clerks salary £429.75, Clerks Expenses £108.20, Telephone £17.51, Moore Stephens – Auditor - £158.63, S Cooper – Travel £8.00, A Bishop – Travel £4.80.   The 3rd quarter finance sheet was distributed for information – there were no queries.  


09/211  County Councillor’s Report – A Clark agreed to help with funding the drop down kerbs, once the PC had received a firm quotation from TDBC, and the costs were over the £6,000 reserved for this project.  b)  SCC had issued a summary paper of their Annual Plan 2008 which covered ‘providing for life’ – involving welfare etc for PC to read.    District Councillor’s Report – nothing to report.


09/212 Matters to be carried forward to the next Parish Council Meeting:  Dillons lighting survey, West View Lighting, seat at Hyde Lane bus shelter, manhole cover T10/23 replacement.
The meeting closed at 8.25pm.  The next two parish council meetings will take place on Monday, 2nd February and Monday, 2nd March 2009.