/ Parish Council / 2010 Minutes / December 2010



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL


Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Monday, 6th December 2010?in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present:? D Durdan (Chairman), A Bishop, F Bates, T Carter, S Cooper, K Cooper, R Jeanes, R Rooke, G Lucas and Jill Loader (Clerk).?? Also in attendance were SCC D Fothergill, TDBC K Durdan, Marlon Jeffery and 2 members of the public.



Public speaking time: ?None ??


10/613 The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

 

10/614? Eileen Webb ? a)?? a minute silence was held in memory at the recent loss of Parish Councillor Eileen Webb.? b)? Casual Vacancy ? as a parish councillor had passed away, it was necessary to advertise the vacancy for a parish councillor.? As this vacancy had arisen less than six months before the Election year, the PC may co-opt.? It was agreed to advertise this casual vacancy until the end of December.?? Depending upon the outcome, it was agreed that the PC may not choose to co-opt.? ?c)? The Vice-Chairman position had become available.? Ron Rooke was nominated and was voted unanimously to become Vice Chairman, which he duly accepted.? He stated that he would step down from the Rights of Way position in May.? d)? Planning Committee ? it was voted unanimously that Ron Rooke join the Planning committee.? e)? The clerk read out a letter from Eileen Webb?s family and Frank to thank those who had attended her funeral.

 

10/615 Apologies: ?R Farrow.? The reason for non attendance was accepted.

 

10/616 Declarations of Interest:? None.

 

10/617 Minutes from November Meeting ? It was proposed, seconded and agreed the November minutes be adopted as correct.? The Chairman signed each page of the minutes.?

 

10/618 Matters Arising from the November Minutes ? a) hedge in West View had not been cut.? G Lucas to speak to owners.??? b)? Adsborough update ? a letter received from Highways showed plans of the new layout and the works planned were imminent.?

 

10/619? Creech Medical Centre ? Dr Balder had informed the Clerk that the practice was trying to purchase the new medical centre rather than lease it.? Negotiations were taking place.? It was hoped the new MC would be open by February 2012.? The Pharmacy appeal by John Ware Ltd had been dismissed.? The pharmacy license would remain at the new medical centre.?

 

10/620 Planning


Date

Number

Application

Decision

17/11/10

14/10/0030

ERECTION OF TWO DORMER WINDOWS TO CONVERT LOFT AT RIVENDELL, HAM, CREECH ST MICHAEL

The PC voted unanimously to support this application

26/10/10

?14/10/0028

DEMOLITION OF GARAGE AND ERECTION OF SINGLE STOREY EXTENSION AT HIGHGROVE, CREECH HEATHFIELD

The PC voted unanimously to support this application

2/11/10

14/10/0023

ERECTION OF GARAGE/AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY BUILDING A WALFORD GATE, WALFORD CROSS

The PC voted unanimously to support this application

6/10/10

14/10/0022

ERECTION OF TWO STOREY SIDE EXTENSION AT 9 HOMEFIELD CLOSE, CREECH ST MICHAEL

The PC voted unanimously to support this application

 

 

10/621 Other Planning


Date

Number

Application

Outcome

1211.10

14/10/0024

Erection of two storey side extension at Mill Cottage, North End, CSM (revised scheme to application 14/10/0017)

Permission granted

 

 

10/622 Somerset Website Meeting: ?The PC had received copies of the minutes of this meeting.? More help was required to inform people of the website and advertising.? A Webmaster was needed to help co-ordinate advertisers and information to provide up to date news.?

 

10/623? Parish Magazine Future: A meeting was planned for Monday, 13th December to discuss the future of the Parish Magazine and what could be done to? improve it.?? Nigel Finch from the website would also be attending to see how these two areas of information could help each other.?? Councillors to attend if possible.

 

10/624 Recreation Field Update:? It was agreed to have the postponed meeting regarding the new lease agreements in January.???

 

 

10/625 Clerks Report - ?a)? All PC?s had been given the meeting dates for 2011.? These dates are to be put onto the website.? b)? Wessex Water meter application ? a new form had to be filled in to progress the application.? c)? Water leak update ? a letter from Atkins asked for supporting evidence for the water lose, which would be sent once the latest bill had been received.? Then the claim would be discussed with Atkins at senior level.? d)? Agreed to order a salt box for the Village Hall which they would reimburse to the PC.? e)? The clerk had attended the Budget Review training run by SALC.? It was agreed to hold off sending in the Precept for 2010/11, until TDBC had finalised their budget, and the decision would be known regarding whether the Maintenance Grant would be available next year or not.?

 

10/626 Accounts:? a) Bills to be paid:? It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to pay the following invoices:? Clerks Wages ?445.95, clerks expenses ?84.28, Quality Service Printers ?385.84, SLCC membership ?95, Telephone call reimbursement to Clerk ?7.25.? ??

 

10/627 Rights of Way update ?a) ?Merlyns Copse ? agreed works would be carried out in January.? b)? Worthy Lane update ? R Rooke had spoken to Sally Vickery from Rights of Way saying pedestrians could walk along this lane.? RofW were not prepared to fund putting in any posts along the footpath to stop cars driving along the track.? Any works planned on this path had to have authorised permission from RofW before commencement of any works.?

 

10/628 Highways ? G Lucas and D Fothergill had met with Highways in November.? Nothing to report other than to wait and see if any of the issues raised would be carried out in due course.

 

10/629 Correspondence


Date

From

Subject

Outcome

Nov

SCC Sheila Wheeler

SCC Scale of Cuts

No comment other than to see how the county decisions would affect the parish next year and whether the PC could help.?

Nov

SCC Highways

Winter Service

Clearing Snow and Ice yourself ?the Direct.gov.uk website for advice was very useful.

 

 

10/630 New Year?s Dinner - ?After discussion it was agreed to book 17th January for 7.00pm/7.30pm for a meal in the Bell Inn for Parish Councillors and partners.? Clerk to copy menu for councillors and for them to provide choices and numbers at the meeting in January.?

 

10/631? SCCouncillor Report ? ?a) D Fothergill stated how helpful and knowledgeable Eileen Webb had been to himself and the parish over the years.? She would be a great loss to the community and more parish councils needed people like Eileen Webb to help improve their community.?? b)? The Government had increased the funding for Highways which could only help the situation.? Final budget would be set in February 2011.? ??District Councillors Report ?? K Durdan requested more salt bags if possible from highways.?? Dr Moyse?s leaving do was planned for 31st December at 6.15pm in the Village Hall and to bring along some food.? ??

 

10/632 New Matters to Report: ?Suggested to put up notices to inform others to help the elderly, vulnerable neighbours in these difficult weather conditions.??? Signs around the village from David Wilson Homes ? had they got planning permission.

 


The meeting closed at 8.19pm. The next two parish council meetings will take place on Tuesday 4th January and Monday, 7th February 2011.??