/ Parish Council / 2010 Minutes / October 2010



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Monday, 4th October 2010?in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present:? D Durdan (Chairman), A Bishop, F Bates, T Carter, S Cooper, R Jeanes, R Rooke, G Lucas and Jill Loader (Clerk).?? Also in attendance were SCC D Fothergill, TDBC K Durdan, David Greig, Marlon Jeffery and 8 members of the public.



Public speaking time: ??Agreed K Fletcher would speak at agenda item 9 regarding A38 Adsborough works. ?

 


10/539 The Chairperson welcomed everyone to the meeting.

 


10/540 Apologies: ?E Webb, R Farrow and K Cooper.? Their reason for non attendance was accepted.

 


10/541 Declarations of Interest:? None.

 


10/542 Minutes from September Meeting ? It was proposed, seconded and agreed the September minutes be adopted as correct.? The Chairman signed each page of the minutes.?

 


10/543 Matters Arising from the September Minutes ? 10/524 ? noted that there was still poor answering of the telephone when reporting incidences to the Police Helpline.? It was agreed to bring this up at the next meeting under PACT.?

 


10/544 Other Planning


Date

Number

Application

Outcome

29.9.10

14/10/0009

Demolition of vicarage and erection of replacement vicarage with parish office and 2 dwellings with associated access at The Vicarage, CSM, as amended

Permission granted

30.9.10

14/10/0020

Erection of single storey porch to the front of Paddock View, North End, CSM

Permission granted

21.9.10

14/10/0015/LB

Renovation of front door and surround, widening of gate opening to north end of property and hanging of oak gates and other works at Dillons, North End, CSM

Permission granted

7.9.10

14/10/0006/AGN

Alterations to agricultural building at Greenacres, Charlton Road, CSM

Permission granted

 

10/545? Planning Training Update ? It was noted the Planning Training at TDBC on 30th September had been very informative and useful.? It was suggested other councillors should attend if another session was planned.

 

10/546? Clerks Report - ?A)? Landshare scheme ? agreed to place details on website and in parish magazine. B) Canal side car park ownership ? SCC will inform PC their decision in due course regarding change of ownership. C)? Water supply damage at Recreation Field ? letter sent to Highways which has been passed onto Atkins for a response.? Clerk had completed a form on-line requesting a quote for moving the existing water meter, following her meeting with WW on 29th September.?? D)? Printing costs for Parish Magazine ? editor reviewing costs with supplier.? Editor wishes to attend a PC meeting to discuss plans for the magazine.? E) Pharmacy Licence Appeal notification received ? after discussion it was agreed to write to the NHS Litigation Authority in full support of FA Courie?s application with objections to the John Ware Ltd application again.? It was agreed to put up notices in the village informing residents if they wished to write a letter regarding the appeal.? Deadline 30th October 2010.

 

10/547? Recreation Field Update:?? A)? The meeting planned for 18th October was to discuss what points the next lease should contain.? This meeting was for parish councillors only and not the Recreation Field Committee at this stage.? B)? Access to Pavilion ? M Jeffery agreed to speak to DWHomes to find out when the works would be completed outside the gate, as access was impossible due to a large trench being dug.? It had been agreed whilst Hyde Lane was closed to traffic to get all works completed in one go, rather than have the road closed again. ?

 

10/548? A38 Asborough Works Update:? The clerk had received a response from SCC which stated the works were being reviewed by the Road Safety Auditor and once approved the PC would be informed when the works would commence.? K Fletcher asked various questions regarding why these works had not taken place and what other action could be taken to speed this up.? After discussion, it was agreed that SCC David Fothergill would speak to Martin Hills to find out the latest position.? If the works were being delayed or not happening, then a strong letter would be sent.? D Fothergill to liaise with the clerk.

 

10/549 Accounts:? a) Bills to be paid:? It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to pay the following invoices:? Clerks Wages ?445.95, clerks expenses ?40.65, TDBC ?217.38? ?b)? 2nd Quarter Accounts were presented and approved.? It was agreed to review the SALC membership when it was up for renewal.

 

10/550 Rights of Way update ?a) ?R Rooke stated A Pipe was cutting back the footpaths as per the maintenance programme.? B) RofW are aware of the issues to some of the stiles in the parish.?? C)? Agreed to put A Pipe?s quote for Merlyn?s works on the agenda for discussion in November.? D)? Agreed to bank Mr Butter?s cheque after Mrs Butters had spoken with D Durdan.?? ?

 

10/551 Highways ? G Lucas report now complete.? Agreed to arrange a meeting with Highway?s G Warnecke, D Fothergill and G Lucas to go around the parish detailing the issues.

 

10/552Correspondence


Date

From

Subject

Outcome

9 Sept

TDBC

Polling Review

Agreed to keep the Village Hall as the Polling station, as this was the most appropriate building.? D Grieg to report back to Craig Morse.

 

 

10/553? SCCouncillor Report ? D Fothergill had nothing to report. ???
District Councillors Report -? K Durdan requested whether a sloping rail could be fixed to the bus shelter in Hyde Lane.? At North End up towards Worthy Lane, the hedges needed cutting back, as a resident walking her children to school was walking into the road.? Could speed bumps also be put in to slow the traffic down along this stretch of road.? It was agreed to contact the necessary authorities to find out.?? David Grieg informed the meeting to make sure when setting next year?s Precept to include election costs (around ?1,000).? The Code of Conduct still applies to councils, even though the Government were abolishing the Standards Committee.?

 

10/554 New Matters to Report:?? a)?? Woodlands Trust were giving the local school 30 saplings -? agreed to approve positions for these at the next meeting.? b)? Add to PACT agenda the large lorries driving over the railway bridge in the village and possible weight constrictions.? c) Winter salt delivery would be at K Durdan?s house ? put notice into magazine.? d)? Nigel Finch at Somerset Web Services requested a meeting with the PC to discuss the future of the website ? arrange a suitable date.? e)? Overhanging hedge at 30 West View to contact.
The meeting closed at 8.22om. The next two parish council meetings will take place on Monday, 1st November and Monday, 6th December 2010.??