/ Parish Council / 2010 Minutes / September 2010



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Monday, 6th September 2010
?in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present:? D Durdan (Chairman), F Bates, T Carter, K Cooper, S Cooper, R Jeanes, R Rooke, G Lucas and Jill Loader (Clerk).?? Also in attendance were SCC D Fothergill, TDBC K Durdan and 8 members of the public. ??????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????


Public speaking time: ??G Underhay stated that several break-ins, vandalism and drinking/drugs issues had been reported in the area.?? Advised everyone to keep windows and doors locked and report incidences.? G Underhay requested the PC review putting fencing/gate/hedges between the hall and play park to stop further damage.


10/520 The Chairperson welcomed everyone to the meeting.


10/521 Apologies: ?E Webb, A Bishop, R Farrow.? Their reason for non attendance was accepted.


10/522? Declarations of Interest:? None.


10/523 Minutes from July Meeting ? It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed the July minutes be adopted as correct.? The Chairman signed each page of the minutes.?


10/524 Matters Arising from the July Minutes - a) 10/497 ? noted that there was still poor answering of the telephone when reporting incidences to the Police Helpline.? Bad parking in West View was still happening with the school parents and more action was required.?


10/525 Minutes from August Planning Meeting - The request for the removal of the elder bush stump in Sycamore Walk had not been recorded.? It was agreed to contact TDBC.? It was then proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to adopt the August minutes.? The Chairman signed the minutes.?


10/526? Planning Applications:


Date

Ref

Application

Decision Reached

20/8/10

14/10/0019

Change of use of part beer garden to erect temporary pre-fabricated unit as Pharmacy on land at The Bell Inn, CSM

The Parish Councillors voted unanimously to object to the above application.

They were concerned regarding the suitability of the position of the pre-fabricated unit at The Bell Inn.  Access onto the highway was considered dangerous.  There was a steep slope leading up to the unit which may cause issues with elderly people. 

The housing of drugs in a temporary unit raised concerns, especially with the irregular police presence within the village.

Overall it was agreed the Bell Inn was not a suitable place to have a temporary pharmacy unit.

16/8/10

14/10/0015/LB

Renovation of front door and surround, widening of gate opening to north end of property and hanging of oak gates and other works at Dillons, North End, CSM

The Parish Councillors voted unanimously to support this application.

13/8/10

14/10/0020

Erection of single storey porch to the front of Paddock View, North End, CSM

The Parish Councillors voted unanimously to support this application.

 

10/527 Other Planning


Date

Number

Application

Outcome

17.8.10

14/09/0043

Conversion of barn to provide accommodation for seasonal farm workers at West Newton Fruit Farm, Adsborough (as amended)

Permission granted

19.8.10

14/10/0016

Demolition of lean-to building to side of mill and erection of replacement at Creech Mill, Mill Lane, CSM

Permission granted

26.8.10

14/10/0018

Installation of bay window on north elevation at Gubbins, Hyde Lane, CSM

Permission granted

25.8.10

14/10/0017

Erection of two storey extension at Mill Cottage, North End, CSM

Permission refused

 

10/528 Clerk?s Report ?? a)? Clerk?s Telephone Line ? after discussion it was agreed to cancel the clerk?s phone 01823 401307.? Her home number 01823 400801 would be the main contact number instead.? Savings would be made on not paying for a new line connection following her house move and monthly bills.? Any chargeable CSM PC telephone call costs would be reimbursed.? b)? Clerk?s salary cheque ? after discussion, it was agreed to pay the clerk in advance so her cheque would be cleared by the end of the month, as agreed in her Contract of Employment.?

 

10/529? Recreation Field Update:?? a)? F Bates updated the meeting regarding the position of the lease of the recreation field.? It was agreed to arrange another meeting with the PC and Recreation Field Committee members to find common ground and trustees so a new lease could be drawn up.?? b)? Water Leak ? it was agreed to write to SCC Highways regarding the damage to the water pipe to the Recreation Field and request a refund for the water wasted.? c)? Water meter reposition ? it was agreed to contact WW again and obtain a quote to possibly have the existing water meter moved closer to the Recreation Field.?

10/530? Canal Side Car park ? After discussion it was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to take over the responsibility and upkeep of the canal side car park.?? Clerk to contact SCC to ensure title deeds, boundaries and access will be given to CSM PC when this is transferred.?

10/531 Wessex Water and Ham Road Update: ??It was agreed to put the latest information onto the website.? Signs were needed at Lane End, to stop lorries going down to the centre of Ham, instead of the sewage works.?

10/532? Lengthman Services ? It was agreed to find out what costs and services were involved with this type of appointment.?

10/533 Accounts:? a)? Bills to be paid:? It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to pay the following invoices:? Clerks Wages ?445.95, clerks expenses ?60.00, clerks phone ?22.42, Nigel?s Window Cleaning Co ?45.00, Durston Tree Surgeons ?120.00, Moore Stephens ?334.88, Quality Service Printers ?371.28, St Michael?s Church ?1,000 and CSM Village Hall ?40.50.?? b)? External Auditor?s Report for the Annual Return for the year ended 31 March 2010 ? all satisfactory.? c)? Agreed to contact the Parish Magazine editor to review the costs for printing the magazine and see if any savings could be made.

10/534 Merlyn?s Copse update ? nothing to report this month.

10/535 Rights of Way update ? Agreed to contact RoW again regarding the broken stile in Worthy Lane.

10/536 Highways ? G Lucas was continuing with his report regarding highway issues.? Once finished a meeting with Highways, G Lucas, D Fothergill will take place to agree actions.?? b)? Hyde Lane road closure ? it was agreed to inform PCSO L Gamblin regarding the road being closed in Hyde Lane and getting the school children over the bridge. It was understood the school and SCC were putting in place safety measures.? c) A38 Adsborough works ? agreed to put this on the October agenda.

10/537 Correspondence


Date

From

Subject

Outcome

18.8.10

TDBC

Planning Training ? 30 Sept @6pm in John Meikle Room, Deane House

R Rooke and F Bates to attend.? Clerk to notify attendees

19.8.10

TDBC

Parish Member for Standards Committee vacancy

No one wished to take up the vacancy

8.8.10

SCC

Community Safety Consultation Survey

Surveys were handed out for completion?

10.8.10

SALC

Precept Capping ? Consultation Paper

Agreed to reply to Department for Communities and Local Government regarding the consultation paper.

31.8.10

English Nature

New guidance on assessing land for designation as an AONB

Agreed to complete survey on line if so desired

 

10/537? SCCouncillor Report ? D Fothergill reported ?75m was going to be taken out of Council Budgets by the Government.? SCC were making 40% cuts in services.? Details of these cuts would be published soon.??

District Councillors Report -? K Durdan informed the meeting that the planning application for the temporary pharmacy at The Bell Inn was going to be withdrawn by the landlady.? ?D Durdan informed the meeting regarding focal meetings around the area to discuss the library service ? details were available from the clerk.? It was agreed to find out more information regarding the Landshare initiative scheme which may be available for those residents who wish to grow their own vegetables.? ?

10/538 New Matters to Report:?? None.
The meeting closed at 8.20om. The next two parish council meetings will take place on Monday, Monday, 4th October and Monday, 1st November 2010.??