/ Parish Council / 2011 Minutes / February 2011



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL


Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Monday, 7th February 2011?in the CSM Village Hall, Creech St Michael


Present:? D Durdan (Chairman), A Bishop, F Bates, R Jeanes, K Cooper, R Rooke, G Lucas and Jill Loader (Clerk).?? Also in attendance were TDBC K Durdan, and 7 members of the public.



Public speaking time: ?????K Fletcher agreed to speak at A38 Adsborough section regarding the proposed works.? G Warburton informed the PC he represented the SCC Transport Forum and asked for any issues.? Wessex Water to be contacted regarding a broken stop cock cover in Adsborough, White Lease Lane.? A question was raised regarding how the PC would cope with the localism bill being discussed.? The clerk wanted to attend a training day by SALC to find out more.?

 


10/653 The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

 


10/654 Apologies: T Carter, S Cooper, R Farrow, SCC D Fothergill and M Jeffery.? Their reason for non attendance was accepted.

 


10/655 Declarations of Interest:? R Rooke & D Durdan declared an interest in planning application 14/10/0029.? R Jeanes and D Durdan declared an interest in planning application 14/10/34.? They did not vote.

 


10/656 Minutes from January Meeting ? It was proposed, seconded and agreed the January minutes be adopted as correct.? The Chairman signed each page of the minutes.?

 


10/657 Matters Arising from the January Minutes ? none.?

 


10/658 Planning


Date

Number

Application

Decision

18/01/11

14//01/01

DEMOLITION OF GARAGE AND ERECTION OF TWO STOREY EXTENSION AT 9 HOMEFIELD CLOSE, CREECH ST MICHAEL

The PC could not see any reason to object to this application.

They noted the comments of the neighbour regarding possible damage to drains by construction traffic.

20/01/11

14/11/0002

ERECTION OF DORMER EXTENSION TO REAR AT 29 DILLONS ROAD, CREECH ST MICHAEL

The dormer extension is at the rear of the property, facing on to fields, is similar to extensions at other properties in the same road and the PC could see no reason to object.

The Velux window to the front of the property was to give light to the stair well and will not be overlooking other properties.? Again no reason to object.

10/01/11

14/10/0032

CONSTRUCTION OF VEHICULAR AND PEDESTRIAN ACCESS WITH ERECTION OF WALL AND GATE AT HILL COTTAGE, ST MICHAEL ROAD, CREECH ST MICHAEL (RETENTION OF WORKS ALREADY UNDERTAKEN)

The retaining wall on either side of the entrance way is far too high and with the light colour of the bricks dominates the local scene.? It is unsightly and far too extensive in its area and does not blend with the remainder of the road.

The line of the retaining wall and gates together with the height of the same is such that any vehicle leaving the premises must block the footpath before the driver can have visibility of pedestrians or vehicles and is therefore a danger to both.

There should have been a visibility splay designed so that this problem would not occur.

23/12/10

14/10/0034

ERECTION OF FIRST FLOOR EXTENSION WITH ROOF ALTERATIONS AND DORMER WINDOWS TO FRONT ELEVATION AND REPOSITIONING OF CONSERVATORY AT HAM ORCHARD, HAM, CREECH ST MICHAEL

The Parish Council do not object in principal to the alterations, but are concerned that this will impose greater strain on the already inadequate sewer arrangements at this property, and would suggest that building permission be withheld until alternative arrangements have been made.

The councillors voted 5 votes for with 2 abstentions due to an interest declared.

9/12/10

14/10/0033

ERECTION OF SINGLE STOREY REAR EXTENSION TO ROSE COTTAGE, CREECH HEATHFIELD

This application has already been granted permission and was not discussed at the meeting.

 

 

10/659 Other Planning


Date

Number

Application

Outcome

4.1.11

14/10/0030

Conversion of loft at Rivendell,? Ham, CSM (as amended)

Permission granted

 

 

10/660 A38 works at Adsborough update ? The clerk had received an email from SCC Highways Martin Hills informing the works to the Adsborough south junction was scheduled to start in the week commencing 28th February, subject to the weather.? The investigations for the bus stop provision at the Maypole junction was being fitted in amongst other commitments and was hopefully being completed by the end of March.? It was agreed to contact David Fothergill for an update on getting the buses re-routed through Thurloxton.?

 

10/661 Canal side Car Park Purchase ? the clerk read out a response regarding why the PC were now being asked to pay ?2,000 for this car park.?? Cllrs Huxtable & Hall had agreed that this asset was no longer considered a core service and to sell this off would help to meet some of the capital debt.? They have to sell at the current market price but don't want to take it out of public ownership.? Giving an asset away would be severely critised and may be legally challenged.? Solicitor fees would be in the region of ?500.? It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to purchase this car park.?? Once this had been purchased, this asset would need to go onto the Asset Register and Insurance policy.

 

10/662 Recreation Field Lease Update:? The PC had received copies of the minutes from the meeting held on 31st January with the Recreation Field Committee.? After discussion, it was agreed for a working party to get together to draw up a new draft agreement for discussion with the PC on 28th February at 7pm.? Once this had been agreed, another meeting with the Recreation Field would take place to see what type of agreement they had drawn up, and to get this finalised as soon as possible.?

 

10/663Clerks Report - ??a)? Clerk to attend SALC training day on 16th February regarding the Localism Bill.? PC agreed to share costs of training with Fitzhead PC (?10 each).? b)? Election date was 5th May.? Nomination forms to be in to TDBC by noon 4th April.? Clerk to hand out forms when received in March.? Copies of the booklet Becoming a Parish Councillor was available if anyone was interested.? Dates for Councillors training to be circulated.? c) WW ? new meter ? clerk meeting WW on 9th Feb for a quote on costs.? d)? Clerk had sent letter with latest water bill to Atkins for a refund.? e)? SCC Highways ? pot hole by Vets was being repaired.? No dumpy bag of salt was possible in West View ? Highways only prepared to fill salt bins if PC purchased one.? f)? Draft Minutes ? it was agreed not to publicise the draft minutes on the website until they were approved.? A short report on the meeting would be written for the Gazette and Website.? Agreed to have spare copies of agenda and minutes for meetings for the public. ?

 

10/664 Accounts:? a) Bills to be paid:? It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to pay the following invoices:? Clerks Wages ?445.95, clerks expenses ?62.50, Nigel's Window Cleaning Co ?45.00, SCC Rights of Way ?300 ? kissing gates, Durston Tree Surgeons ?580 ? footpath maintenance, British Gas Electricity for Recreation Field ?145.08.? b)? 3rd Quarter Accounts were presented and approved.?? c)? Revised Precept for 2011/12 ? the previously circulated revised precept for 2011/12 was presented.? After discussion it was agreed to include ?2,500 for the purchase of the Canal side car park and solicitor fees.? An extra ?1,000 was added for the Recreation Field maintenance.? It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to set the precept at ?23,135 for 2011/12.? Clerk to complete the paperwork and send to TDBC.??

 

10/665? Highway Issues:? a) GL had spoken to the lady at West View regarding the overgrown hedge.? To review at March meeting. ??b)? GL agreed to complete the Highways Transport Survey.? Clerk to arrange a hard copy for GL.?

 

10/666 Rights of Way ? a) ?Footpath T10/16 required new posts which the landowner would install.? b)? Agreed to ask RofW the legal standing/responsibility if walkers were hurt going over a stile on a footpath.? ??

 

10/665 Correspondence


Date

From

Subject

Outcome

January

SCC

Local Flooding Survey

To complete and to include ditch in West View behind Duncans/Witern cottage, Culvert at North End by Merlyns Copse, drains issue at Hopkins between the 2 bridges

January

Community Waste Action on the Levels & Moors

Request for help in reducing waste that goes into landfill ? require help to get this project underway

Clerk to find out more information.

January

TDBC

The Big Lunch ? Sunday 5th June

No interest

January

Royal British Legion

Great Poppy Party Weekend ? 10th to 12th June ? 90th birthday

F Bates to find British Legion contact in village for any interest.

January

SALC

The Localism Bill

To keep hold of this information for future use.?

 

 

10/666? SCCouncillor Report ? ?Nothing to report.? District Councillors Report ? Nothing to report. ?

 

10/667? New Matters to Report: ??Lining works at Adsborough.? ?K Cooper wished Tom Carter and Simon Cooper a speedy recovery from their recent illnesses.?

 

The meeting closed at 8.55pm. The next two parish council meetings will take place on Monday, 7th March and Monday, 4th April 2011.??