/ Parish Council / 2011 Minutes / March 2011



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting held at 7pm on Monday, 7th March 2011?in the CSM Village Hall, Creech St Michael

 

Present:? D Durdan (Chairman), A Bishop, F Bates, R Jeanes, K Cooper, S Cooper, R Rooke, G Lucas and Jill Loader (Clerk).?? Also in attendance were SCC D Fothergill, TDBC K Durdan, M Jeffery and 4 members of the public.


Public speaking time: ??None ??

 

11/668 The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

 

11/669 Apologies: T Carter, R Farrow.? Their reason for non attendance was accepted.

 

11/670 Declarations of Interest:? None.

 

11/671 Minutes from February Meeting ? K Nation’s name was replaced by K Fletcher under public speaking. It was then proposed, seconded and agreed the February minutes be adopted as correct.? The Chairman signed each page of the minutes.?

 

11/672 Matters Arising from the February Minutes ? 10/665 ? Correct details were Dunkins and Wisteria Cottage.?? No celebrations for the Great Poppy Party Weekend were planned in CSM.?

 

11/673 Planning


Date

Number

Application

Decision

11/02/2011

14/10/0029

INSTALLATION OF AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMP ADJACENT TO OUTBUILDING AND INSTALLATION OF 2 NO. SOLAR PANELS ON LAND AT LASHPOOL BUNGALOW, CREECH ST MICHAEL

The site was visited and details explained by the owner.  The only visual interference was from across the canal which will be minimal and in time will be shielded by fruit trees.  There was no real reason to object.

After discussion, the Parish Council voted unanimously to support this application.

28/01/2011

14/11/0003/REX

CONSTRUCTION OF VEHICULAR ACCESS TO A361 AT HAMILTONS, WALFORD CROSS, TAUNTON (APPLICATION TO REPLACE EXTANT PERMISSION FOR 14/05/0044)

The Planning Working Party visited the site.  As this application was for the renewal of a previously granted application and there was no change in the circumstances at the site there was no objection.

After discussion, the Parish Council voted unanimously to support this application.

 

 

11/674 Other Planning


Date

Number

Application

Outcome

23.1.11

14/11/0001

Demolition of garage and erection of two storey extension at 9 Homefield Close, CSM

Permission granted

15.2.11

14/10/0034

Erection of first floor extension with roof alterations and dormer windows to? front elevation and repositioning of conservatory at Ham Orchard, Ham, CSM

Permission refused

 

 

11/675 Parish Magazine ? a) A new editor was required as Michael & Helen Phillips had given notice.? They were prepared to continue until the November edition and would help any new editor.? An advert had been placed in the recent magazine and it was agreed to put notices up and onto the Website too.? b)? MS Publisher software ? it was agreed to get prices for this software and would purchase it once a new editor was found if necessary.? ?

 

11/676 A38 works at Adsborough update ? The ‘no lorries’ signs had been sited but it was felt they were in the wrong place.? The white lining had not been painted to date.? After discussion, it was agreed the clerk would email the photos of the signs and issues raised to David Fothergill.? He would find out when the white lining was planned and whether the new signs were in the right place according to Highways legislation.?

 

11/677 Recreation Field Lease Update:? The PC working party had produced a draft agreement which had been approved at a meeting on 7th March at 6.30pm.??? It was agreed to give this document to the Recreation Field Committee so they could assess the details.?? The RFC would discuss any issues with the PC working party and hopefully finalise this agreement.? Once this had been achieved then it would be formally approved at a PC meeting.?

 

11/678Clerks Report - ??a) Wessex Water had agreed to install a new water meter free of charge.? M Jeffery had agreed to dig out the trench free of charge too.? This would be carried out after the football season had finished.
b)? Landowners are responsible for stiles/gates on footpaths on their land.? However, SCC does have a duty of care to respond to reports of dangerous furniture and inform the landowner. c)? Allotments ? the PC were very keen and thanked Mr and Mrs Birch for their thoughts and help in trying to find suitable land for allotment use.? d)? Bus Service changes ? bus routes being changed or stopped could be found on the SCC website.? e)? LARC ? no comments could be made as this project was under review. f)? The Localism Bill workshop report concluded many of the points discussed had not been finalised at Government level to date.? An overview was given of what can be expected regarding interests, standards, local referendums, the council tax, new duties when setting budgets, the community right to challenge, plans and strategies, neighbourhood planning and other points.? Future notification and training would be given by SALC once fixed details were known.?? The Parliamentary timescale for Royal Assent is October 2011 and Orders and Regulations from December 2011 onwards.

 

11/679 Accounts:? a) Bills to be paid:? It was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to pay the following invoices:? Clerks Wages ?445.95, clerks expenses ?142.02, Fitzhead Parish Council - ?10.00, M Phillips ? Editor’s expenses ?260.00.? b)? Clerk’s Salary Scale Increase ? it was proposed, seconded and unanimously agreed to increase the clerk’s salary scale to S19 as stated in her Contract of Employment now she had achieved the CiLCA qualification.? It was agreed to back date this to January 2011.?

 

11/680? Highway Issues:? a) Bush in Laburnham Terrace to follow up with British Rail? b)? Brambles at River Bridge viaduct and on hand rail c)? Old River Bridge ? part blocked with trees, life belt d)? Pavement requires re-surfacing in West View (81 to 85).? e)? Owner thanked for cutting hedge at 30 West View.? f)? Dog fouling around village ? contact Dog Wardens, put up more notices.? g)? Agreed to purchase a dog bin for Bull Street.? h)? White lining through centre of village faded? i)? Pot hole by River Bridge on right hand side very bad.? j)? Agreed David Fothergill would arrange for traffic to be counted through village.?

 

11/681 Rights of Way ? a) ?Footpath T10/9 stile broken and had been reported. ?

 

11/682? Annual Parish Meeting ? 15th April -? a)? After discussion it was agreed not to invite any speakers.? The Councillors would be available for any questions.??? b)? D Durdan and K Durdan agreed to attend the Burrowbridge Parish Meeting in May ? clerk to reply.?

 

11/683 Correspondence


Date

From

Subject

Outcome

28.2.11

Census 2011

Engagement in the Census and encouraging all to complete it with help from the PC

Agreed to put up notices and on to website once received from Census contact.

25.2.11

HM Revenue & Customs

PAYE Implementation for Parish Councils and Community Council Clerks

Agreed to enlist the help and advice from I Loader ? Accountant - regarding ensuring the clerk completed the PAYE forms correctly at the start and end of the first year, as clerk had no experience of PAYE functions.

11.2.11

SCC

Hyde Lane ? prohibition of driving Order 2011 notice

Clerk to find out when these changes were planned to take place.

 

 

11/684? SCCouncillor Report ? ?SCC had set their budget.? Libraries would close by 1 extra day a week, there would be some changes to bus routes and youth services were being cut.? SCC were ?380m in debt and it cost ?100K a day in debt charges.? SCC were no longer increasing their borrowing of money.? Highways had been given ?23m from Government for roads.? SCC were hoping to secure funding for improved broadband speed into every community by 2015.?? SCC were hoping to receive back between ?8-14m from the Icelandic banks at some stage. ?No increase in council tax had been approved.? ?District Councillors Report ? No increase in Council Tax had been approved. ?Front line services were being saved due to extra money coming from Government.? Costs for planning applications, car parking and crematorium fees were going up.? TDBC were not paying for one PCSO.

 

11/685? New Matters to Report: ??None.??? It was noted everyone should be more vigilant as there had been recent thefts around the area.? The Waterways Trust were holding a photographic exhibition in the village hall on 20th March.? The Boat would be back in the water in April.? There would be a children’s Easter Egg hunt on Easter Sunday.

 

The meeting closed at 8.32pm. The next two parish council meetings will take place on Monday, 4th April and the Annual Parish Council Meeting on Monday 16th May 2011.?? ?The Annual Parish Meeting is on Friday, 15th April 2011 with doors opening at 7.00pm and meeting to start at 7.30pm.