/ Parish Council / 2013 Minutes / August 2013



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL DRAFT Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC held at 7pm on Monday 5th August 2013 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present: Cllrs S Wellman (Chairperson), G Hodge (Vice Chair), P Chetwynd, J Middleton and K Reed (Parish Councillors). Steve Altria (Clerk). Also in attendance was SCC Cllr D Fothergill and 1 member of the public.

 

13/158. Chairpersons Welcome.
Cllr Wellman began by welcoming everyone and explained he had decided to resign as Chairman, though he would continue to serve the Parish as a Cllr. The Council confirmed it wished SW to Chair the meeting.

 

13/159. Public Speaking.
(1) SCC Flood prevention fund. Adrian Birch gave details of the bids submitted in respect of North End to the SCC prevention fund. For more details see minute 13/166 below.
(2) Rec Park Opening Day. DF congratulated the PC on the excellent open day and highlighted that the new housing had enabled the new playground and thanked everyone involved.

 

13/160. Apologies.
S Hutchings (Vice Chair), Y Guest, K Hunt, G Lucas and C Sampson.

 

13/161. Declarations of Interest.
No interests were declared.

 

13/162. Appointment of representatives and working party members.
The Chairman suggested and it was then agreed that the memberships of the panels (see attached) remain as present unless an individual Cllr wished to change. It was agreed that KR would leave the MC panel and GH the rec park panel.

 

13/163. Minutes of the 1st July meeting
had previously been circulated to Cllrs. One amendment was agreed. At 13/137 (5) the member of the public speaking was Adrian and not Richard Birch. The minutes were then signed by the Chairperson as an accurate record of the meeting.

 

13/164. Planning.
(1) Applications received. GH explained that the panel had met and recommended all three applications that had been received should be supported. This was agreed.

 

Date Ref Application Outcome
29/05/2013 14/13/0023 CHANGE OF USE OF BUILDING AND YARD AREA FROM B2 (GENERAL INDUSTRIAL USE) TO D1 (NON-RESIDENTIAL INSTITUTION USE) AT UNIT 19-21 CREECH PAPER MILL, CSM Agreed to support.
27/6/13 14/13/0024 REMOVAL OF STONE SHED AND ERECTION OF DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE AT MERRYCOTT, ADSBOROUGH Agreed to support.
undated 4/14/13/0028 CHANGE OF USE AND INSTALLATION OF ABOVE GROUND ELEMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROVISON OF AN UNDERGROUND PUMPED STORAGE TANK. HUSK FARM, CSM Agreed to support.

 

13/165. Accounts.
(1) Invoices agreed for payment. The Clerk?s and Caretakers wages, HMRC, Clerks exp?s ?91.84 and other invoices due incl J Miller Field for Allotments ?500.00 , CPRE Membership 13-14 ?29.00, P Chetwynd Reimb of exp incurred at planning mtg ?5.44, TDBC Playing Field Grass cutting 2012 ?1,491.36, Grove Electrical Services for appliance testing ?25 and Nigel?s Windows Cleaning Services ?45 for bus shelter cleaning.
(2) Monies received and banked. Income received and banked; Open Day ?1413.07 (net) [bar ?543.50 tickets ?377.57 raffle ?185.00 donations ?307.00].
(3) Open Day. GH reported that at the opening day evaluation meeting it was suggested that the ?540 surplus on the event be put towards the purchase of two new benches at a cost of ?520 to be installed in the rec park. This was agreed. SW reminded the PC of a local family who are considering purchasing and siting a memorial bench in the park who may wish to participate in this initiative. Action. Rec Park panel to purchase the above benches and to arrange for them to be sited on concrete bases.
(4). Knightstone Bench in Hyde Lane. Discussion took place on whether this bench would be better sited in the park. Action. Clerk to make enquiries. (Note from Clerk - it has since been decided to leave at the present site).
(5). Park Cycle Rack. JM noted that the children using the park still were using their bicycles and that the bike rack purchased had yet to be installed. A discussion took place on the urgent need for it to be installed and that the priority for the caretaker was tidying and use of the site not construction tasks. Action. The clerk to get a quote for installing the bike rack and the vice chairman was delegated to accept. Further quotes to be obtained for the movement of a gatepost at the rec park and to repair a panel/remove vegetation at Adsborough bus shelter.

 

13/166. Flooding.
(1) SCC Flood Mitigation Fund. Three bids have been submitted in respect of CSM Parish. The PC has bid for flood prevention works within Merlyn?s Copse. There are a further two submitted by groups of residents, those at North End and Lane End, both with attached letters of support from the PC. The North End bid is for the enlargement of a culvert whilst the Lane End bid is for a diesel generator. DF advised that 104 bids worth ?600,000.00 had been submitted to SCC?s ?200,000.00 fund. These would be examined in the coming weeks and whilst this would take some time the evaluators know that works need to be undertaken before the winter.

 

13/167. Merlyn?s Copse.
SW confirmed that the PC does owns MC. A discussion took place on whether it should be retained or sold. It was noted that if sold that there was unlikely to be any future public access. SW advised he had spoken to the owner of the field adjacent to the rec park who had gone away to consider whether she would allow access to her copse, to be used as an alternative amenity. An early decision on a possible sale is required to avoid further maintenance costs. Action. The Clerk was asked to identify the correct process for handling any possible sale.

 

13/168. Correspondence.
(1) Village Sign. Correspondence had been received from SCC advising that signs would be chargeable in future at ?165 a sign so the Clerk at the Chairman?s request had asked for a children playground sign to be installed outside the rec ground. A discussion then took place in which the view was expressed that such danger signs would continue to be provided by SCC free and that other, informative signs, would be those now charged for. Action. The Clerk to submit a request for a new village sign to be situated by the motorway bridge in Hyde Lane and for PC/DF to clarify which signs are to be charged for in future.
(2) Dog Mess on the Canal Towpath. SW highlighted that Sheila Matthews, a local resident had seen a dog owner allowing his dog to foul the canal towpath. SM had not felt able to challenge the owner about their inconsiderate behaviour and lack of respect so had contacted the PC suggesting that signing and dog bins be installed. It was noted that the Clerk had past these requests on to the canal and rivers trust who were responsible for the canal.
(3) N Curry PC. NC PC had suggested that the 5 rural centres referred to in TDBC Planning Strategy document should setup a Sub Cttee of 2 members each to fight future developments requests. Action. It was agreed to participate and that SW and SH represent CSM PC.

 

13/169. Matters to be carried forward to the next Parish Council Meeting.
(1).North end. DF offered to give a progress report.
(2) Verges. To consider whether the PC should tackle the lack of verge cutting.
The meeting ended at 8.30pm.

 

Future Meetings;
The next parish council meetings will take place on Monday, 2nd September and on Monday 7th October 2013 (both at the CSM Village Hall Lower Cttee Room; beginning at 7pm).

 

E&OE (errors and omissions excepted)

 

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net