/ Parish Council / 2013 Minutes / May 2013



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the CSM PC held at 7pm on Monday 13th May 2013 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present: Cllrs C Sampson (Chairperson), S Hutchings (Vice Chair), S Creighton, P Chetwynd, Y Guest, G Hodge, K Hunt, G Lucas, , K Reed and S Wellman (Parish Councillors). Steve Altria (Clerk). Also in attendance were SCC Cllr D Fothergill and 2 members of the public.? ??

 

13/96. Chairpersons Welcome.
Cllr Sampson welcomed everyone to the meeting.

 

13/97. Public Speaking.
(1) Iris Chown asked wether if collecting for charity was permitted under the ‘No cold calling scheme’. KR confirmed that it was.
(2) Eric Chown highlighted the recent occupation of the Hamilton Road Playing Fields by travellers. DF suggested a height bar be installed at the rec ground and it was noted the Park is locked other than when in use.

 

13/98. Election of Chairperson.
CS advised that she would not be standing for re-election. CS asked for nominations and SW was nominated. Steve Wellman was then unanimously elected as Chair person. SW then signed the acceptance of office and took the chair. He thanked and congratulated CS for her very busy year as Chairperson and advised that he felt honoured to undertake the role. SW also congratulated DF on his re-election as SCCllr.

 

13/99. Election of Vice-Chairperson.
SW explained his strategy of having two Vice Chair persons. Simon Hutchings and Graham Hodge were then elected.

 

13/100. Appointment of representatives and working party members.
The Clerk distributed details of the memberships of the panels as at present (see attached). Action. It was agreed to determine the membership of the panels at the next meeting. SW then asked SH to Chair the remainder of the meeting.

13/101. Apologies.
Cllr J Middleton?

 

13/103. Declarations of Interest.?
None.

 

13/104. Minutes of the 8th April meeting
had previously been circulated to Cllrs Action. The Clerk advised that the balance at the bank as at 31st March was ?26,040.92. The minutes were then signed by the Vice Chairperson as an accurate record of the meeting.

 

13/105. Matter arising from the meeting of the 8th April. None.

 

13/106. To receive County & District Councillors’ Reports.
DF advised that he had been focussing on the election and would address specific questions at the next meeting. SCC is a closely balanced authority with 28 Con, 18 Lib Dems, 3 Labour, 3 UKIP, 2 Independents Cllrs with an election in Coker to take place on Thursday. DF advised he now has a new electoral ward with 7 rather than 14 Parishes. DF urged closer working with West Monkton with the large scale development now taking place.
(1) DF raised that SCC gulley operators had found dog mess in the drains at North End. Cllrs shared their disgust at this health risk. Action. The PC to consider a dogbin at North End.
(2) DF highlighted a potential danger in Merlyn’s Copse. PC and KR advised they had walked the Copse and the path is worn down rather than the bridge damaged. Action. KR to arrange for the pathway to be brought to the same level as the bridge.
(3) The drains in Hyde Lane between the Medical Centre and School are blocked. Action. DF agreed to ask Highways to clear the drains.
(4) GL raised that he thought Wessex Water where planning to replace the drains in St Michaels Road this summer but he had not heard anything further. Action.? DF undertook to ask Wessex Water when they were going to replace the drains in the village. DF then left the meeting.

 

13/107. Recreation Park.
(1) Update. CS distributed the panels written report (copy attached). A programme of improvement works had been considered and were proposed.? Action. The PC agreed the panels programme of? the installation of a cycle rack, painting and repair to the render of the pavilion, new electric heating and wiring, removal of the gas supply, additional gates in order to secure the field from the car park and to join the Som Playing Fields Association. Additionally CS to investigate the cost and opportunities for funding the tarmacing of the carpark and to update the caretakers “checklist” post pavilion bookings to include ensuring electric heaters are not left on.
(2) Opening event 13th July. ?The aim is to provide a community event at no cost for the community to enjoy.16 individuals or groups are so far booked and arrangements are in hand. Income from the event will come from selling tickets, the PC will hold a raffle and Stall holders will make a donation. Action. It was agreed to allocate a ?1500 operating budget
(3) Copses. SW reported that he had indentified who owned the land. Action. The Clerk to write enquiring if he would be prepared to gift or sell the copse.
(4) TME. SW advised that 208 people had been on the steam trains at the weekend. The railway is to be renamed the Creech Miniature Railway. TME will be participating in the open day and are bringing a traction engine as well. SW advised that he had met with TME and a rough draft had now been agreed. CS advised each side have their own solicitor. Action. SW to arrange a legal review of the draft agreement by the PC Solicitor Porter Dodson.
(5) Reinstatement of the Verge outside of the Park. ?The Clerk advised that he had been informed on the 7th May what action the Panel wished DWH to take and he had communicated that to DWH that day. KH expressed his disaffection that this work had still not be undertaken. SW advised that the old site office had actually been sited in Leighton Drive where the bench is positioned and the building materials store was on the verge. This may explain why the requested improvements had not been done previously. SW also highlighted that DWH had not installed lighting in Hyde Lane and a gate to prevent unauthorised access to the old Hyde Lane footpath. Action. The Clerk to write urgently inviting DWH to attend a site meeting on either 28th or 30th May.
(6) Verge Ownership. The Clerk advised that having spoken again to the Highways Agency that they were still consulting internally before forming a view whether the verge was to be declared surplus. He explained that the HA had advised this would take some time to conclude if they decided to proceed. Action. The Clerk to indentify who heads the HA and to write to them in order to expedite matters.
(6) Donation. CS had spoken to Mrs Rice who has a statement but she is not a signatory on the youth football account. Action. CS is to meet with Mr Bigwood who is a signatory in order to ask him to take the statement into Santander and arrange the donation to the PC.
(7) RFMC. KH raised that there was a second bank account held by the RFMC. Action. The Clerk to write to the bank asking who the signatories are on the account.
(8) Increasing the Parks protection. YG and GH reported they had identified the Fields in Trust organisation in order to protect the Park as a village green. GH advised the cost would be around ?86 to join but they would help protect the Park from any future compulsory purchase. Action YG/GH to get more details in writing and to decide whether to spend the money to prepare an application.

 

13/108. Planning.
(1) Developer Applications. SW explained that SWP who are applying to develop behind the Medical Centre had submitted a further amended application in order to address planners’ observations regarding the drainage. SW advised he had written objecting to the new plan as well as the previous objections but it appears that as planners raise issues the Developers simply address them and then submit an amended application so the application will be accepted. CS suggested using a planning consultant to advise on the best way to object to this application and to write to the TDBC Planning Cttee members. GH advised he had asked TDBCllr DDurdan to do this but he had advised it would be unethical for him to do this though he had agreed to speak against the development to the whole Cttee. Action. The Clerk to post the PC reply on the village notice board.
(2) Planning Compliance. SW and SH advised that when they had met with John Williams the Leader of TDBC he had promised to examine the points made but he has yet to reply. Action. SH to follow up with JH outstanding reply.
(3) Adsborough, Lapthorne. CS explained that this application had been turned down by the Planning Cttee on Weds 10th April. CS explained there was little support and no appeal had yet been lodged.
(4) Applications received:


Date

Ref

Application

Outcome

28/03/2013

14/13/0003

ERECTION OF SINGLE STOREY EXTENSION TO THE SIDE WITH A PITCHED, HIPPED END ROOF AT MALLARDS, BULL STREET, CSM

Supported.

3/3/2013

14/12/0039

OUTLINE PLANNING APPLICATION FOR THE ERECTION OF A DWELLING IN THE GARDEN OF HEATHCOTE, CSM (RESUBMISSION OF 14/12/0006). This is an appeal lodged with? The Secretary of State against? the decision of the TDBC to refuse planning permission

Supported.

9/04/2013

14/13/0018

ERECTION OF PORCH TO THE FRONT, AND ERECTION OF FIRST FLOOR EXTENSION TO THE REAR, AT LANE END COTTAGE, WHITE STREET, HAM This is a resubmitted Application 14/12/0023

?Supported.

9/4/2013

14/13/0019

ERECTION OF EXTENSION AT LITTLE RHODE, ST MICHAEL CLOSE, CSM

?Supported.

12/4/2013

48/13/0022

ERECTION OF TWO STOREY EXTENSION TO THE SIDE, PORCH TO THE FRONT AND VERANDA TO THE REAR OF COOMBE COTTAGE, COOMBE LANE, WEST MONKTON.

?Supported.

12/4/2013

14/13/0020

CHANGE OF USE AND CONVERSION OF AGRICULTURAL BARN TO FORM A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING AT BEDRUTHAN, BULL ST, CSM
(AMENDED SCHEME TO???? 14/12/0028)

?Objected. Lack of adequate parking,
overlooking of the adj property, not large
enough to convert without increasing its size
and that it does not follow the sequential test as
set out in the TDBC core strategy policy DM 2

26/4/13

14/12/0043

OUTLINE APPLICATION FOR THE RESIDENTIAL DEVLOPMENT OF 44 NO DWELLING HOUSES, SCOUT HUT AND RECREATIONAL OPEN SPACE, DRAINAGE WORKS AND ASSOCIATED ACCESS AT LAND TO SOUTH OF HYDE LANE, CSM.? (AS AMENDED BY EMAILS DATED 28 FEB 2013 AND PLANS 100-B AND 101-B AND 3300A IN RESPECT OF THE AMENDED LAYOUT).

?Objected. Numerous objections set out in detail?
on Village notice board by garage and also
available on TDBC Planning website.

 

13/109 .? Accounts.
(1) Invoices agreed for payment.? Clerks and Caretakers Salaries,? HMRC? tax due ?192.95,
SR Altria Clerks May Expenses ?102.77, C Sampson, Caretakers Expenses Imprest Topup ?93.07, C Sampson Reimb of cost of temp license for Rec Field Opening event July 2013?21.00, Clarke Wilmott Planning Speech ?240.00, British Gas Electricity (31/8/12-28/2/13) ?188.64.
(2) Transfer to HSBC Account authorised ?44 075.00
(3) Monies received and banked since the last meeting Parish Post Advert Income for 2013;?110 from Mrs W Bagwell t/a Mill Auto Services, Mrs J Hitchcott t/a West Country Tint, Winns t/a Riverside butchers, D Corbett (Corbett Hall and Auto Clinic) and ?60 from the silver training it ltd and Russell? James Carpentry
(4). Accounts. The Clerk had previously circulated the accounts and had explained them in detail at the Annual Parish Meeting. The Accounts were unanimously accepted and Vice Chairman signed them once approved.

 

13/110. Highways.
(1). North End Footpath. Action. DF to update at the next meeting. The Clerk reported that he had written to the owner of the field with damaged fencing
(2) A38 Adsborough. Action DF to update at the next meeting
(3) Village signs. YG suggested there was a need for a sign to be installed below Hyde Lane motorway bridge.? Action.? KR/SH to arrange for the village signs to be cleaned and in particular the Creech Heathfield sign.

 

13/111. Footpaths and Pavements. ?
PC reported he had a complaint about the footpath off Worthy Lane (behind Mrs Careys). He had walked it but found it to meet requirements of a footpath in an agricultural setting. PC is aware that T10 Green Lane is closing temporarily whilst maintenance is undertaken and he would monitor to ensure it is not lost. The Council noted that the footpath from the Golf Course to Worthy Lane had been planted and a footpath provided on an alternative line across the field.

 

13/112. Flooding.
PC advised he had got information from the Parrott Drainage Board about the extent of their liabilities along Ham Road. It is noted that this is limited to two field ditches in/across fields. The roadside ditches are the responsibility of the adjacent land owners.

 

13/113. Merlyn’s Copse. PC had met the person who wishes to buy the Copse. SW said he was concerned about flooding. SW had been advised by Planning that there was no way they can see any circumstances that planning would be given on the site. This could be enshrined in any sale deed. If we brought the Copse by the Park this would replace Merlyn’s Copse. Action. The Clerk to get two quotes for cutting inside and strimming outside the Copse.

 

13/114. Correspondence. Action. The Clerk was asked to write and thank all those who spoke at the annual Parish Meeting.

 

13/115. Matters to be carried forward to the next Parish Council Meeting.
(1) Cllrs membership of panels and working parties. To review and determine for the forthcoming year.
(2) Highways. DF to update on a number of issues
(3) Chairpersons Charity.? To consider the introduction of a chairpersons appeal.
(4) Noticeboard at North End. The Clerk reported further deterioration.
(5) Parish Post. To include articles on the Park opening and New Chairpersons welcome.

The meeting ended at 9.53pm.

 

Future Meetings;

The next parish council meetings will take place on Monday, 3rd June 2013 and then on 1st July 2013 (both at the CSM Village Hall Lower Cttee Room; beginning at 7pm).?

 

E&OE (errors and omissions excepted)

 

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net