/ Parish Council / 2015 Minutes / 8th July 2015



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC held at 7pm on Wednesday 8th July 2015

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

Present I Wright (Chair), S Greenhalgh (Vice Chair), L Gates, S W Harris, K Hunt, S Hutchings, D Knight and C Sampson (Parish Councillors). Steve Altria (Clerk). 1 member of the public attended.   

 

15/156. Chairs Welcome. Cllr Wright began by welcoming everyone.

 

15/157. Apologies. PCllr Y Guest, G Lucas and K Reed sent their apologies. Reasons were accepted.

 

15/158. Declarations of Interest. Declarations of Individual Members. No declarations of interest were made.

 

15/159.  Merlyn’s Copse. Tender results.  The PC decided to exclude Public and Press for this item.

The Clerk explained that he had received an emailed letter that day from the PC agents Messrs Greenslade Taylor Hunt advising that no tenders had been received from prospective purchasers of Merlyn’s Copse.

 

15/160.  Merlyn’s Copse. Way forward. The PC decided to open the meeting to the Public and Press for this item and the reminder of the meeting. A discussion took place on the options now open to the PC; these include retaining and maintaining the Copse, writing to the Sec of State and seeking permission to sell at a figure below the valuations given and to continue to market the Copse on the open market. Adrian Birch addressed the Council highlighting the covenants on the land and that if the land were sold cheaply then the purchaser may not maintain it. The option for creating either Hydro or Micro generation of power was also recognised subject to their being enough water flow and fall.

Action. The Clerk is to circulate to PCllrs a copy of the Land Registry entry and to write to the Sec of State requesting his agreement to sell the Copse below the valuations obtained to date. The Clerk is to also instruct GTH to continue to market the Copse on an ongoing basis.

 

15/161.  Merlyn’s Copse. Grass Cutting. As MC cannot be sold in the short term it was recognised that with it being the growing season that the grass in the Copse needs to be kept cut. As three tenders had been received recently it was decided to get the grass cut now and to authorise the Clerk and Chair to negotiate a contract for cutting in July, August and September.

Action. The Clerk to negotiate a grass cutting contract for July/August/September and to arrange for the grass in the Copse to be cut immediately. SH to obtain and fit a replacement broken fence rail (at material cost to the PC).

 

15/162.  North End Virtual Footway. The Van reported as being blocking the Virtual Footway had been inspected and found to be parked inside the householders land. It was decided to keep a watching brief.

 

15/163.  Rec Park Development Plan.

A further reiteration of plans had been received from the Architect and had been reviewed at the PC meeting held on 6th July. Whilst these were examined and discussed in some detail at that meeting no decisions had been taken. Issues that had been identified are that the design appeared to be fine, that there was no second MUGA, no additional play equipment, no rugby post or solar panels shown and more storage was required.

 

PCllrs reflected and discussed the plans at some length. It was agreed to accept the plan of the new building but the plan showing the use of the rec park land had shortcomings as all the items on the wish list did not appear. A debate about the ability to get all the desired items within the site took place and the merits of TME not being on site in order to free up space was raised. IW reminded the PC that the Council’s Solicitor had advised that TME had a form of lease and would need to be given a tenancy and therefore considering others uses for the land TME occupy was not an option.

 

Decisions were taken to ensure a specialist roundabout and swing were installed for Children with a disability, to remove the old pavilion, to see if the building can be sited closer to the loop and to investigate the purchase of the Copse.

 

Action. The Chair and Clerk to brief the Architect on the changes required, to ask the Architect to produce plans with equipment on them and for the Clerk to take forward exploring the purchase of the Copse.

 

15/164.  Planning applications received. The Clerk explained that he had asked TDBC for an extension of an time  on this application but this had been refused. Rather than allow the application 14/15/ 0021 for Curvalion House Garden, CSM to pass without comment he suggested that the panel be given authority to examine the application and make a decision on behalf of the PC.

Action. The Planning panel to examine and determine the PC’s response to the application 14/15/0021.

 

The meeting closed at 9.05pm.

 

Future Meetings; The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Monday 3rd August and Monday 14th September in the Lower Cttee Room at the CSM Village Hall Lower (beginning at 7pm).

 

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net