/ Parish Council / 2016 Minutes / 7th March 2016



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC held at 7pm on Monday 7th March 2016

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

Present I Wright (Chair), L Gates, S W Harris, K Hunt, S Hutchings, D Knight, G Lucas and K Reed (Parish Councillors). Steve Altria (Clerk). TDBCllrs D Durdan and K Durdan. Seven members of the public attended.   

 

16/45. Chairs Welcome. Cllr Wright began by welcoming everyone.

 

16/46. Public Speaking.  No resident wished to address the PC though several participated in an open discussion about Ham STW (see item 16/49).

 

16/47. Apologies. PCllrs S Greenhalgh (Vice Chair) and C Sampson sent apologies and reasons were accepted.

SCllr D Fothergill also send his apologies.

 

16/48. Declarations of Interest. None.

 

16/49. Ham STW. Adam Lynch, Project Manager, Wessex Water along with two operational colleagues and Alan Swinger of Mildren Construction attended  to update the PC on the construction of the new access road which is due to start soon and to explain the impact it will have on the local residents. AL advised that final negotiations were taking place with Tarmac and once concluded this would allow the purchase of the remaining three parcels of land to be completed. In addition a S278 agreement has to be signed with SCC Highways as there are two junctions onto Ham Road and a section to be widened; this can only be done when all the land purchases have been completed. IW asked if the new road would be liable to flooding and AS confirmed it would. AL explained that whilst behind where WW wished to be a start had been made on site in order to meet the planning requirement with further work  beginning in earnest from the end of April. AS advised that to manage traffic along Ham Lane the Lipe Lane layby will be used as that had worked reasonably well to date and so that had been improved recently in preparation. The work will be done in two phases with work lasting 22 weeks from the beginning of May and with access via Tarmac wherever possible. In the next three weeks 15/25 vehicles are due and these will follow the traffic management plan, using escorts.

Action WW AS to provide a programme of movements (noting that some slippage may occur), to hold a monthly meeting with local residents and to take back the question of ensuring the new access road would not flood.

 

16/50. To receive District Councillors’ Reports.

DD reported;

(1) That a start is going to be made shortly on the Walford-Langaller section of the A38 road. An initial meeting is being called by TDBC Ian Clark to consider footpaths, cycleway, allotments and parks on 16th March.

(2) That the PC’s precept was the highest within the Parishes in TDBC area this year. IW responded by explaining that consultants were required to complete the neighbourhood plan process and to ensure we qualify for C.I.L,  to develop plans for a replacement Pavilion, to pay for fencing repairs in the Rec Park and as a result of TDBC decision to cease paying over the Council Tax Support Grant intended for Parish Councils.

KD advised;

(3) That a couple of residents of Queensdown had spoken to her about not wanting a footpath at the rear of their properties. The Clerk advised that the PC had listened to the Parishioners and had made the same point in writing to TDBC timely but planning permission had still been granted by TDBC with this. KH added that TDBC frequently ignored the PC.

16/51. Minutes of the 1st February Mtg. (These had been previously circulated to Cllrs). These were agreed without any amendments being made. The minutes were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.

 

16/52. Matters arising from the Minutes of the 1st February Mtg.

KH advised that the PC had signed upto its Standing Orders in 2010 and suggested that the Parish Cllr who was asked to leave the room whilst his planning application was considered at the last meeting was not correctly treated. IW advised he had been advised to leave by the Clerk who had in turn taken prior advice from Bruce Lang, Assistant Chief Executive and Monitoring Officer, TDBC. KH questioned that advice as within CSM PC Standing Orders he could stay. IW advised that if things needs changing that will be done for future cases.SH asked if a flowchart could be made available.

Action. The Clerk to get clarification from SALC and advise at a future meeting.

 

KH asked IW what had prompted him to write the statement he had made at the last meeting (see item 16/29. Chairs Welcome).IW explained he was clarifying standing orders and that he wanted everyone to ensure they are complied with 

 

The Clerk reported;

15/101 Rec Park planting. The Clerk reminded the PC that until a decision had been made on the rec park layout the whipps could not be replanted.

 

15/151. Carey Grove Park. That no further offer had still been received following the Chair and the Clerks meeting with Mark Vaughan from TDBC on 4th December. MV had offered a 20 year lease to the PC as long as the existing play equipment was maintained over that period in return for a one off £350 maintenance sum. That had been declined.

 

 

 

 

 

15/239 (3) Hill House, St Michaels Road. The Clerk advised that he had written to the owners twice now requesting that the overhanging tree in need of attention by the owner be cut back. No reply had been received to date so if no action is taken the matter would be referred to SCC Highways.

 

16/21 Footpaths.  The Clerk advised he had placed an appeal for a volunteer footpath warden.

 

16/23(1) ACV The Bell Inn Site. The Clerk advised he had to written to the Owners asking if they would sell the strip of land to the PC. They had replied saying the land was an integral part of the Orchard adjacent to their House and that they did not wish to sell it.

 

16/23(2) ACV Garage site, St Michaels Road. The Clerk advised that the response to the application for ACV Status from TDBC had yet to be received. A supplementary request to learn the PC intention for the site should the ACV ever be enacted had been answered.

 

16/24. Website. The Clerk informed the PC that he had used the Facebook site to highlight the website in order to encourage more users.

 

16/41(3) Insurance. The Clerk advised he had written to the PC Insurers to ensure volunteer members of the panel are covered by the policy.

 

16/53. Parish Council Planning.

(1) Neighbourhood Plan for CSM Parish. The Clerk advised that an application to formally designate the Parish area as a Neighbourhood Plan Area, which is an important first step in the process, has now been made. Our consultants WYG and CCfS are reviewing the draft plan document and will shortly be advising on a consultation and engagement strategy to support the wider evidence base needed to ensure a Neighbourhood Plan can be adopted. WYG and CCfS will both be attending the next Parish Council meeting in April where further details and timescales will/can be discussed and the Annual Parish Mtg.

(2) Appeal received: APPEAL APP/D3315/C/15/3141203 – Langdon Industries site, Walford Cross. CSM PC support the original decision by TDBC to refuse permission to allow continued unauthorised B2 wood Chipping and to reject the applicants appeal. To provide an update the Clerk reported that the appellant had suggested that the TDBCs notice was not valid as it had not been signed however he had found a signed copy so had supplied TDBC with this proof.

(3) Queensdown. As discussed earlier at item 16/50/03 the Clerk had communicated timely to TDBC that the Path to the  rear of houses was not desired and that Hyde Lane should be used for site access but these had not been included in the planning permission granted. As a result neither of these were enforcable and there was no requirement for vehicles to avoid School start and end times; the only Highways requirement is to ensure lorries washed their wheels before leaving the site.  

(4) Applications received. None.

 

16/54. Accounts

(1) Payments authorised. Clerks and Caretakers Salaries, HMRC (Tax due on Salaries) £261.49, SCC Pension Fund Acc £212.30, Clerks February Expenses £90.66, Jim Pike (Electrical Repairs to pavilion) £375.00,  Nigel’s Window Cleaning Co (Bus Shelters 12 2 16) £45.00, Neil Robertson Pmbg & Htg (Repair to pipe in Rec Park Pavilion) £96.14,  Bibby Factors (3d Security in Park 1-2-16 to 28.2.16) £216.00, Universal Marquees (Deposit for PIP16 Marque hire) £378.00 . Bills paid since last meeting British Gas (Electricity at Pavilion 7-1- 16 to 7-2-16 £55.95, Bibby Factors Ltd (Security at the rec park 4-1-16 to 31.1.16)£216 and a replacement of lost and unbanked cheque £270.00.

It was noted that the Pension payment was the first payments to be made in response to the statutory obligation on the PC to auto-enrol the Clerk.

(2) Monies Received and banked since the last meeting; Tone Youth; use of Rec Field (Jan 16) £60.00 and (Feb 16) £40.00.

(3) Authorisation to make payment before the next meeting.  The bill from British Gas for Electricity at the Pavilion for February had yet to be received and approval to pay these on receipt of invoices (subject to 2 PCllrs signatures) was agreed.

(4) Audit. The PC agreed to appoint B Howe as its Internal Auditor for the year 16/17.

 

16/55. Recreation Park

(1) Update report. The Clerk reported that repairs had been done following the electrical inspection, the wording for the safety signage had now been agreed and KSigns instructed to proceed with their installation. He had sought quotations for work at the Rec Park as requested at the last meeting. These were considered and it was agreed to ask the DLO to repair fencing, Creech Construction to reconcrete the cycle racks and to defer until the next meeting a decision on laying scalpings in the carpark.

Action. Clerk to review pitch charges and to report to a future meeting.

(2) Grass Cutting. It was agreed to appoint DLO for grass cutting, strimming, lining and weed spraying in the rec park during 2016.

(3) Inclusive Play Equipment/Maintenance update/Goalposts. The Clerk reported that quotations had been obtained by CS for a Thunder Roundabout and a Velocity Basket Swing (and associated pathways) and it was agreed to proceed with asking TDBC to authorise S106 funds to purchase these from Play & Leisure along with new goalposts which the footballers want. The Clerk explained he had yet to get quotations for repairs back to the damaged surfaces under the existing equipment and it was decided to make this the subject of a further request than delay.

Action. The Clerk to complete and submit forms for S106 funding for Inclusive Play Equipment and Goalposts and once confirmed to place orders.

 

 

 

 

(4) Development The Clerk reported the Architects response asking for clarification to take plans to the planning stage and it was agreed to instruct him to proceed with payment being made for submission. The Clerk advised he had been advised by Somerset Community Foundation that the expression of interest for funding submitted to them (from the sale proceeds of the former Taunton Youth Centre site) was not being taken to next stage as they wished to finance solely youth projects and that this project would benefit all the community.

Action. The Clerk to advise the Architect to submit plans for new Pavilion to planners and advise him that the PC agrees to payment once submitted to planners. The Clerk to ask for a copy of the electronic djg file of the park.

 

16/56. Party in the Park 9th July 2016. DK advised that the panel had met on the 9th Feb (with its next mtg on 17th March) at which the Band had been chosen and booked. Tenders have been issued to food providers to pay for pitches who offer value for money. A promotional video has been offered for free. Plans are progressing well with tickets on sale from May.

 

16/57. Annual Parish Meeting 22nd April 2016. The Clerk gave an update on speakers invited but to date with the exception of the consultants replies have either yet to be received or apologies had been given. The Clerk suggested focusing the meeting on consulting Parishioners using the consultants, the play equipment plans and if possible the Architects plans. This was agreed. Other invitations are still outstanding and it was agreed to ask Wessex Water. Discussion took place on promoting the event and it was decided to authorise the Clerk to have the banners redated (at max cost of £75) so that they can be reused along with facebook and website.

Action. The Clerk to arrange redating of the banners and to circulate a poster nearer the event for local printing off by PCllrs for placing in Village hotspots.

 

16/58. Crufts Meadow. The Clerk reported that no one appeared to own the broken gatepost and requested further instructions.

Action. The Clerk to get a quotation for repairs and then bring back to Council before deciding what further action (if any) is to be taken.

 

16/59. Conference System. KH proposed that PCllrs recommence using the conference equipment and that PC meetings be recorded. It was agreed to recommence using the equipment but not to record.

 

16/60. Correspondence. PCllrs did not raise any items.

 

16/61. New Matters to be carried forward.

(1) Planning. At the next PC meeting on April 11th Tim Burton, Assistant Director Planning and Environment and Julie Moore, Monkton Heathfield Project Team Leader, TDBC are to give an update on the M Heathfield Urban Extension. As they had offered to discuss other planning matters of interest PCllrs were requested to identify these; the Larkfleet Homes application and keeping the PC informed were identified.

Action. The Clerk to inform TDBC Planners of the agenda items for April 11th meeting.

(2) Other items. Agenda items 15-19 were postponed to the next PC meeting (15. Boundary Commission Electoral Review of TDBC. 16. Asset of Community Value 17. Highways Defects report and A303/A358 Duelling.

18. Footpaths and Rights of Way defects and 19. Transport update).

(3) Planning. IW advised that SH wanted help on planning matters and asked if any PCllr was interested to let him or SH know.

Action. SH to circulate key planning documents.

 

16/62.  Sale of Merlyn’s Copse. Parish Council decided to exclude the Public and Press for this item. 

 

The meeting closed at 9.15pm.

 

Future Meetings; The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Monday 11 April 2016 in the Lower Cttee Room at the CSM Village Hall (beginning at 7pm). The following meeting will be on Monday 9th May also at 7pm.

 

The Annual Parish Meeting will take place on Friday 22nd April in the Village Hall at 7pm (for 7.30pm)

 

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net