/ Parish Council / Agendas Archive / February 2013 (2)



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

11th February 2013

 

A meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council is to be held at 7pm on Monday 18th February 2013 in the Creech St Michael Baptist Church Hall, Creech St Michael.

 

A G E N D A

 

An opportunity for Public speaking will take place immediately before the formal meeting starts.

 

1.   Chairpersons Welcome.

 

2.   To receive apologies for absence.  

 

3.   Declarations of Interest.

 

4    Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 4th February 2013.

 

5.   Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 4th February 2013.

 

6    Flooding.(GL,PC) (1) EA Flood Surgery. Reflect on the surgery held at earlier that day at the CSM Village Hall (13:30 – 18:30) by the Environment Agency. (2) PC invitation to MP J Browne. To consider his response to attend the PC meeting. (3) Langaller. Examination of the ditches at Langaller to ensure clear of cuttings.

 

7.   Recreation Field. (KR,YG,GH,SW). (1) Installation of play equipment and a MUGA. Update on the project and to share costs information (2) Caretaker. An update on the recruitment process (3) Reinstatement of former site office. To learn of the progress to the PC request to reinstate verge (4) Verge ownership. An update (5) Donation to the Recreation Ground by Gwyneth Bryant.

 

8.  TME (SW). Update on the agreement between the PC and TME.

 

9.  Planning.
9.1 Planning Consultation. To reflect on the CSM planning event held by TDBC on 12/2/13 in the Village Hall regarding preferred development sites. 9.2 Planning Compliance. To learn from TDBC the outcome of requested visits to (1) Highfield, North End (2), Worth Lane Cottages, (3), Woodcross Farm, (4) Stables by canal. 9.3 Applications received: (SH, PC and GH).

 

Date

Ref

Application

22/1/13

48/13/0004

VARIATION OF (APPROVED PLANS) AND CONDITION NO 5 (APPROVED LAYOUT) OF APPLICATION NUMBER 48/10/0036 (PHASE 1 RESIDENTIAL DEV OF 327 DWELLINGS, ASSOC HIGHWAYS.LANDSCAPING, RELIEF ROAD AND ROUNDABOUT) AT LAND OFF BRIDGWATER ROAD, WEST MONKTON.

 

10.  Accounts. (1) Invoices to be paid. To consider invoices for payment. (2) Monies received and banked (Parish Magazine adverts) (3) Insurance.  To consider quotation for insuring the recreation field play equipment. (4) Accounts. Report to end of Dec. (5) S106 monies. To learn whether TDBC will pass on the interest on to the PC this money. (6). Imprest/A/c arrangements. To consider the creation/use of to buy materials or equipment.

 

11.  Highways (GL, KH and PC). (1 DF) North End Installation of a virtual footway (2 CS) A38 Adsborough (3) Update of issues reported/identified incl pot holes in Arundells Way and Cooks Way, (4) Salt bins. To consider the installation of 2 further bins in Tristram Drive and Queensdown. (5) Speed  Indicator Devices update on PC request (6) Hyde Lane (DF). Proposed closure of part of Hyde Lane (past cottages) and speed humps through the new estate. (7) Vicarage Lawns. (DF) Response from SCC to request to remove private parking sign.

 

12.  Footpaths and Pavements (SH, PC) Update report, to include Pathway at Tristram Drive, the overgrown hedge
at Coxes Bungalow, repairs to Canal Bridge stone work and slippery paths in St Michaels Road and Charlton Road.

 

 

13.  Correspondence (1) For decision;

Date

From

Subject

Comments

Undated

TDBC

Offering Parish Councillors training on Transport Issues on 23rd April 2013 at Deane House.

 

10/2/13

Tim Hiscock
Durston Parish Mtg Chairman

Attached copy of a letter sent to Richard Benton at the House of Commons and invited CSM PC to advise him of any observations the PC may have.

 

9/2/13

Karen Goldstone

Seeking support for improvements to the Bridgwater Taunton Canal towpath from the canal car park for a 100 metres section.

Also sent to SCC Countryside.

1/2/13

Police & Crime
Commissioner

Advising of public consultation on the development of Police and Crime plan. Inviting comments on 4 stated priorities to be made to
pcc@avonandsomerset.pnn.police.uk.

Consultation ends 28/2

1/2/13

David Wilson Homes

Acknowledgement reply to points made.

See agenda item Rec Field item 7 (3)

1/2/13

SCC Highways

Speed Indicator Devices. Explaining that the recent bad weather had delayed the decision making timetable for the allocation of SIDs.

See agenda item Highways item 11 (5)

22/1/13

Richard Bryant
TDBC Legal

Advising of a Countywide review of recent flooding events that is to take place.

Will involve Parish Council representation.

21/1/13

Adrian Birch

Offering to purchase Merlyn’s Copse from the Parish Council

 

undated

Mayor of Taunton Deane

Inviting nominations for upto three Citizenship Awards TDBC intends to make for 2013.

 

15/1/13

SALC

Advising that Community Infrastructure Levy will be 15% share to Parish Councils, with an enhanced 25% to those with a Neighbourhood Plan. I understand there is to be a "cap" of £100 per council tax dwelling in the Parish where there is no Neighbourhood Plan. 

This is the "roof tax" to be levied by District Councils  on new development. Details have yet to be published by DCLG. 

14/1/13

Ann Rhodes
TDBC

Notifying the PC of a public consultation event to be held by TDBC in the Village Hall Cttee Room on 12th Feb 3.30pm to 7.30pm “If you had to choose where would you develop in CSM.”

 

11/1/13

Craig Erskine
DWH  

A holding reply in response to the Parish Councils request for action to install speed humps with the estate , to repair a section of paving by the bollards (to the right of the recreation field in Hyde Lane) and to improve the quality of the verge by the rec field (incl having the bulbs reinstated).

The Clerk has sent a further reminder 26/1
See agenda item Rec Field 7 (3)

6/1/13

Denise Garrett

Thanking the Parish Council for the salt bins around the village and suggesting two more half way up the hills of Tristram Drive and Queensdown.

See agenda item Highways 11 (5).

4/1/13

Lawrence
Gregg

Advising the Parish Council of the badly damaged fence adjoining the stream just up from Merlin's Copse.

Can the PC help identify whose fence it is so we can ask them to repair.

 

(2) For information;

Date

From

Subject

Comments

8/2/12

Nigel Rea
SCC

Local Choices Events. Thanking the PC for attending one of the recent events. Feedback from these events along with an update from the Library Service Review is attached. SCC intend to send out an update later this spring along with details of future events. Please see http://www.somerset.gov.uk/localchoices

PC felt this scheme was not workable in CSM at this time

8/2/13

Barnardo’s

Offering youth and play services to the children and young people in the area. Charges available on request to Barnardo’s.

 

4/2/13

Hugh Loxton

Planning Application 14/13/006. HL advises he is to object to all applications that affect the water courses and tributaries that feed into North End as they are unsustainable because of the potential flooding issues.

Also sent to TDBC Planning.

4/2/13

Diane Malley

Offering a payroll service. (Marketing follows the introduction of HMRC online filing).Charges provided.

The Clerk does payroll.

31/1/13

Connecting Somerset

Update. A contract worth £94m has been signed with BT to deliver high-speed broadband to 90% of premises before 2016.

SCC are contributing £10m.

25/1/13

John Hardy
TDBC

Advised he had visited Worthy Cottages and satisfied himself that planning regulations are being adhered to.

 

23/1/13

Guy Robinson
SCC

Advising that the Minerals Preferred Options "drop-in" Thursday 24 January at Peter Street Rooms, Shepton Mallet has been postponed due to weather/road conditions.

 

14/1/13

Lynn Gates

Letter of support for TME having a five year lease and explaining the benefits her son gets from being a member.

 

8/1/13

Katie  Cameron
Plantlife

Seeking to notify parishioners of their e-learning bulletins www.plantlife.org.uk and  www.wildaboutplants.org.uk

 

7/1/13

Mrs I F Blackmore

Reporting several potholes in the Maypole area

GL has reported to Highways

30/12/12
and
5/1/13

Julie Dines

Advising of flooding at Langaller and seeking PC support to prevent further flooding.

PC has visited and SCC have been asked to clear drains.  Local landowners to be asked to take action as appropriate.

7/1/13

Josephine Pentney (Mrs)

Advising that she had taken action in response to the letter from the Parish Council to address the overgrowth caused by her lawson cypresses and explaining that the ridging to the pathway is similar to that to many in this area of the village.

This letter was reported to the Jan PC meeting.

3/1/13

SCC Highways

Notifying results of the speeds test at North End roundabout.
(Traffic from motorway bridge found to be within speed limit)

This letter was reported to the Jan PC meeting.

 

14.  Merlyn’s Copse. (KR, SW) Update report on the Copse and to update on the removal of two trees to prevent
flooding and changes to signage.

 

15.  Parish Post. (CS, SC) An update.

 

16.  CSM PC Website. (CS). To decide if the arrangement with Somerset Web Services should continue.

 

17.  Housing Needs Survey. (KH) Update on progress.

 

18.  No Cold Calling Zone. (KR) Update on progress.

 

19.  Noticeboards. (GL) Update on actions taken to remove doors North End and repositioning from garage to Arundells Way.

 

20   Donations to charities. (GL) To consider the Councils process.

 

21.  To receive County & District Councillors’ Reports.

 

22.  Matters to be carried forward to the next Parish Council Meeting.

 

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net