/ Parish Council / Agendas Archive / January 2013



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

 

27th December 2012

 

A meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council is to be held at 7pm on Monday 7th January 2013 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael.

 

A G E N D A

 

An opportunity for Public speaking will take place immediately before the formal meeting starts.

 

1.   Chairpersons Welcome.

 

2.   Vacancies on the Parish Council.  There is currently a vacancy. The PC will consider any request for co-option it receives from interested and eligible individuals. These should inform the Clerk of their interest prior to the meeting.

 

3.   To receive apologies for absence.  
   

4.   Declarations of Interest.

4.1 Declarations of Individual Members.
4.2 Dispensation Requests. At its meeting on 3rd December 2012 the PC granted a dispensation to all Councillors in order to enable all Councillors to take part in the discussion on the precept at this meeting.

 

5    Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd December 2012.

 

6.   Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd December 2012.

 

7.   Flooding. (GL, PC). Reflection on the recent flooding and the PC enquiries since and maintenance of the watercourse at Merlyn’s Copse.  

 

8.   Recreation Field. (SH,KR,YG,GH,SW). (1) Update on the project to install play equipment and a MUGA (2) to decide whether to appointment a caretaker (3) to learn of the progress to the PC request to reinstate former site   office on verge, (5) the ownership of the verge, (4) to consider the  TDBC 2013/14 Parish Play Area Grant Scheme (5)  Having decided to have "memorial" benches to consider the details of acquiring them. (6) Donation to the Recreation Ground by Gwyneth Bryant.

 

9.  TME (SW). Update on the agreement between the PC and TME.

 

10.  Planning. 10.1 Wessex Water Ham Sewerage Works. (GL and GH) Update on the provision of an alternative access. 10.2 Adsborough, Lapthorne (CS) Update on the planning application. 10.3 Applications received:
      (SH, PC and GH).


Date

Ref

Application

27/11/12

14/12/0039

OUTLINE PLANNING APPLICATION FOR THE ERECTION OF A DWELLING IN THE GARDEN OF HEATHCOTE, CREECH ST MICHAEL (RESUBMISSION OF 14/12/0006)

04/11/12

14/12/0041

ERECTION OF A TWO STOREY REAR EXTENSION AT FAIRLIGHT, HYDE LANE, CREECH ST MICHAEL

 

11.  Accounts. (1) Invoices to be paid. Clerks January Salary HMRC Tax due on Clerks Salary, Clerks Expenses and to consider other invoices. (2) Monies received and banked for Parish Magazine adverts (3) Precept 2013/14. To agree precept (a draft precept was circulated at the 3rd December meeting). (4) Insurance.  To consider quotations and options for insuring the recreation field.
      

12.  Highways (GL, KH and PC). (1 DF) North End Installation of a Virtual footway (2 CS) A38 Adsborough (3) Update of issues reported/identified (5) Salt bins. Update on the installation of 7 bins (6) Speed Indicator Devices update on PC request (7) Hyde Lane. Proposed closure of part of Hyde Lane (past cottages).

13.  Footpaths and Pavements (SH, PC) Update report. Include Pathway at Tristram Drive.

 

14.  Correspondence (1) For decision


Date

From

Subject

Comments

1/12/12

Marvin Nicholls

Showing his interest in becoming the recreation ground caretaker should such a position be created.

See Agenda item 8 (2). Any such vacancy would be widely advertised in the village.

4/12/12

Alan Miles

Asks the PC to consider at Adsborough Bus Stop (North Bound) the rubbish strewn around, that the bank is overgrown with brambles and that the lorry No entry sign obscures the pedestrian’s vision so the bus driver has difficulty seeing users. At the South Bound bus stop highlight that the hedge is overgrown and at the brow of Adsborough Hill the on the right hand side bank going northwards needs to be cut back further as it obscures drivers vision when crossing the A38 from Adsborough.

The Chairperson has acknowledged the letter and the Clerk has raised its contents with SCC.

6/12/12

Hugh Loxton
For W.H. Loxton and son,
Lodge Farm
Durston

As the farmers and owners of land at the end of foxhole lane attached to worthy lane, he raises their increasing concern at the additional planning permissions being granted by Taunton Deane Borough Council and suggests that the runoff water will be picked up by the stream that runs from Walford Cross via North End and on to the culverts under the Taunton Bridgwater canal and subsequently onto their farmland when flows exceed the canal culvert capacity. He has farmed the fields adjacent to the culverts for some twenty years and he remembers only occasionally losing a few square metres of crops in the wettest part of the lowest 7 acre field. Whilst he appreciates we have had a wet summer and autumn, the constant sudden flooding of his field and parts of its neighbour, to a depth of up to 1 metre, followed by its subsequent gradual draining away each time, tells him only one thing: The capacity of the culverts under the canal is now being exceeded.

See also subsequent letter.
Sent onto TDBC, SCC and the Env Agency by the Clerk.

13/12/12

John Middleton

Putting himself forward as a Parish Councillor.

PC will decide on 7/1/13 whether to accept offer.

14/12/12

SCCllr David Fothergill

Providing details and plans for a proposed virtual footway at North End.

See agenda item 12 (1) above.

23/12/12

Hugh Loxton
For W.H. Loxton and son,
Lodge Farm
Durston

Advising he has done some further research and suggests that a fully functioning under field stone drainage system was damaged by the archaeological test digs prior to development.  The area is now completely waterlogged as a result of the high rainfall event, a situation he has never seen before. Had the drainage system been fully intact, then the flooding at West View and North End would have been significantly worse since water from those meadows would have dispersed far more quickly into the drains under the M5 and then into the ditches and tributaries feeding the North End stream. Suggests that the capacity of North End stream and its ditches were not correctly assessed prior to the granting of the planning for the Hyde Lane developments as well as the outline planning proposed on all the other land throughout the catchment of that stream.  Turning to the consultation by David Wilson homes regarding the proposed development of new site behind the School he feels that what I saw was completely unacceptable to anyone living within the valley carrying the North End Stream and its tributaries as well as anyone who might wish to purchase the proposed houses. He comments extensively on the DWH comments forms highlighting that they are a series of loaded questions and suggests that DWH have made an elementary mistake in the design of the system at Creech Medical centre by making the exit pipe too large.

See also earlier letter.
Sent onto TDBC, SCC and the Env Agency by the Clerk.

24/12/12

SCCllr David Fothergill

Providing details and plans for consultation on the proposed Virtual footway at North End.

Is seeking to consult as widely as possible with the local users on its layout.

See agenda item 12 (1) above.
A4 leaflet with a copy of the plans will be delivered around the locality and will be on the CSM website.

24/12/12

SCC Highways

Apologises for not consulting the PC over the proposal to close Hyde Lane past the Cottages, advises that it would become a cycle way and footpath as part of the new Housing development and confirms that Hyde Lane though A38 past the rugby club would be kept open and flood works done as required. Also note the PC objection to closing of Hyde Lane.

See agenda item 12 (7) above

undated

Mrs Nation

Letter re precept. Urges the PC to reduce the Precept for 2013/14.

See agenda item 11 (3) above

(2) For information


Date

From

Subject

Comments

19/11/12

Somerset Community Foundation

Details of Emergency Relief grants of £250 being operated on behalf of SCC for those who have suffered flooding.

Tel 01749 344949 or ask the  Clerk for an application form.

27/11/12

Strategic Land
Partnership

Further details and explanations in support of their planning application in Hyde Lane.  TDBC ref 14/12/0036 refers. OUTLINE APPLICATION FOR RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF 35 NO. HOUSES, SCOUT HUT, RECREATIONAL OPEN SPACE AND ASSOCIATED WORKS AT LAND SOUTH OF HYDE LANE, CREECH ST MICHAEL

Though listed here for completeness the letter was sent onto Parish Councillors before the last PC meeting in order to inform their observation making to TDBC.

3/12/12

Eric Chown
(forwarded from Webberbus

Webberbus apologises for delays that occur during flooding and explained that due to economics of the route they can only make the route viable by using one bus. If the bus is then delayed for any reason during the day the delay is likely to persist though out that day.

 

3/12/12

Porter Dodson Solicitors

Advices to the PC on TME agreement.

See agenda item 9 above.

4/12/12

PCL Planning representing David Wilson Homes

Invitation to a public exhibition on the 11th December 2012 at Creech St Michael Village Hall 2pm until 7.30pm. The event gives the community an early opportunity to see the emerging plans and express views on the final form of development being planned for land at Hyde Lane to the north of the primary school (a scheme of circa 60 dwellings is envisaged along with additional car parking for the school, as well as enabling highway improvements to Hyde Lane).

A Planning application has yet to be submitted.

7/12/12

Maria Charlton

Wrote expressing that the amount of housing is becoming overwhelming. Asked how long the consultation period is for the proposed David Wilson Homes development behind houses in West View and to the rear of the primary school.

The Clerk has replied advising that this was a consultation event by DWH and that no planning application has yet been made.

7/12/12

Stuart Lewis
Wessex Water

Updating the PC on progress to an alternative access to Ham sewerage Works. WW have consulted with the Somerset CC (planning) to confirm whether or not the previous decision in 2011 that an EIA would not be required is still valid. All landowners have been contacted concerning the proposals Tarmac have not responded formally to our request to use their access on a temporary basis for the use of construction traffic. Tarmac have finally gave WW access to enable us to complete their environmental surveys towards the end of last week. All necessary surveys have now been done. WW are finalising the planning application at the moment and the actual submission should be completed on Monday.

See agenda item 10 (1) above.

 

Contact concerning any traffic issues should be to the dedicated phone number and / or e-mail address (07974 443548; tauntonhamdwf@bbrcel.co.uk) that have been set up for this purpose.

13/12/12

TDBC

Technical advice to the PC re Precept

See agenda item 11.3.

16/12/12

Alan Johnson

Emailed asking if cold calling included religious callers and asking what about free enterprise.

See agenda item 19 below. The Clerk has replied advising that advertising leaflets are allowed but due to overzealous sales people the Police are backing this scheme and that religious callers, charity collections and political canvassing are still permitted.

16/12/12

Graham Warburton

Asking if the PC can help obtain the official name of the road that runs between "The Maypole" and the "Olde Green Dragon" at Thurloxton.

The road is called Porters Road.

 

15.  Merlyn’s Copse. (KR, SW) Update report on the Copse and to consider whether the ban on dogs should remain.

 

16.  Creech Parish Allotments. (KR, CS,SH) To consider an amendment to the agreement with Allotment Society that reflects the Insurance arrangements in place.

 

17.  Parish Post. (CS, SC) An update.

 

18.  Housing Needs Survey. (KH). Update on the development of a HNS for CSM.

 

19.  No Called Calling Zone. (KR) Update on the creation of a ‘no cold calling zone’ and to decide if to buy signs.

 

20.  Noticeboard. (GL) To consider quotations for removing the old notice board at North End, that the board currently in Arundel Way be relocated to North End (alongside the bench) and that the large board at the garage be resited in Arundells Way.

 

21.  To receive County & District Councillors’ Reports.

 

22.  Matters to be carried forward to the next Parish Council Meeting.

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net