/ Parish Council / Agendas Archive / September 2012



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

 

22nd August 2012

 

A meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council is to be held at 7pm on Monday 3rd September 2012 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael.

 

A G E N D A

 

An opportunity for Public speaking will take place immediately before the formal meeting starts.

 

1.   Chairman Welcome.

 

2.   Vacancies on the Parish Council.  There are currently two vacancies. The PC will consider any request for co-option it receives from interested and eligible individuals. These should inform the Clerk of their interest prior to the meeting.

 

3.   To receive apologies for absence.      

 

4.   Declarations of Interest.
4.1 Declarations of Individual Members.
4.2 The Localism Act. To agree a new code of conduct for CSM PC.
4.3 Dispensation Requests. To consider the request made.

 

5.   Planning.
5.1 Applications received: (SH, PC and GH). Please note that for all three applications the normal consultation periods have been extended to allow the PC to decide their comments at this meeting).  Please note three items of correspondence are planning related.

 

Date

Ref

Application

 

4/40/12/12/0006
(nb SCC is the Planning Auth)

ERECTION OF 1 NO WASHWATER MOTOR CONTROL CENTRE (MCC) KIOSK, 1 NO AERATION MCC BUILDING, 2 NO GENERATOR BUILDINGS AND 1 NO 11KV SUBSSTATION BUILDING ON LAND AT HAM SEWAGE TREATMENT WORKS, HAM LANE, CSM, GR: 328499 - 124616

26/7/12

14/12/0015

CHANGE OF USE OF LAND TO SITE 5 NO. MOBILE HOMES AND 5 NO. TOURING CARAVANS WITH THE CONVERSION OF STABLES TO A UTILITY BLOCK AT LAPTHORN, ADSBOROUGH

30/7/12

14/12/0026

ERECTION OF A CONSERVATORY AT 3A FRANCIS CLOSE, CREECH HEATHFIED

 

5.2 Monkton Heathfield Development. To discuss TDBC response to the request for a meeting to update the PC.

 

6.   Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 6th August 2012.

 

7.   Matters Arising from the Minutes of the meetings held on 2nd July and 6th August 2012.

 

8.  Correspondence

 

Date

From

Subject

Comments

26/6/12

Loc Govt Boundary Commission

Proving a summary of the outcome of the completed electoral review of Somerset. www.lgbce.org.uk

 

Various July

The Planning Inspectorate

Re Hinkley C. Notification of various measures.

 

1/7/12

Valerie Gaskell

Offered to distribute the Parish Magazine in Ham as and when required.

 

6/7/12

SALC

Details of training for Councillors on new code of Conduct requirements.

 

10/7/12

SCCllr D Fothergill

Proposed footpath at North End, CSM. An update on the LTP scheme suggestion for 2011/12. the report states The concept of ‘Shared Space’ and its adoption by SCC was agreed by the Cabinet Member pending the exploration of design parameters (commissioned) and the litigation consideration of this departure from Standards – ongoing. Consultation and bespoke implementation at Pilot locations to follow initial designs available September. Showing a start date for works of Feb 13.

 

10/7/12

Barbara Williams
Henlade Scouts

Enquiring if the Parish Council has any land or knows of anyone who has a parcel of land that could be used for the Scout Hut.

The Scouts will attend the Sept PC mtg

13/7/12

Lianne Souter Rights of Way Officer SCC

Notification of temporarily closure wef 30th July 2012 for 21 days of  public footpaths T10/25 (part), T 12/10 and BW 19/13 (part) in the Parishes of Creech St Michael, Durston and Lyng from Charlton Bridge running generally north easterly to its junction with Main Road.

 

26/7/12

Delia Kingman-Reed

Notified PC that she was recently refused planning permission by TDBC. She asked before deciding whether to lodge an appeal against the decision by TDBC whether she can have an opportunity to discuss the proposal with the Parish Council in order to gain the PC support for a reapplication.

V Chairman met.

30/7/12

Somerset Waste Partnership.

Invite to PCllrs to a FREE half-day event to be held on Saturday 29 September from 9.30am at the Canal side, Marsh Lane, Bridgwater TA6 6LQ.

 

30/7/12

C Morse
TDBC

Notifying agreement to CSM PC co-opting a replacement member.

 

1/8/12

Richard Graham Henlade Scouts

Letter requesting Support.

The Scouts will attend the Sept PC mtg.

7/8/12

PJ Francis

Copy of a letter sent to TDBC planning for PC’s information. Asking Planning if installing steps would require planning permission.

 

9/8/12

Paul Harding
TDBC

Council Tax Support. Advising that Council Tax Benefit is replaced with Council Tax Support from 1/4/13. Asked for PC to display a poster on consultation. Details at http://www.tauntondeane.gov.uk/benefitconsultation

Poster on notice board

14/8/12

Eric Chown

Various points re telephone box being repainted, website and notice board access.

 

16/8/12

Carole Neenan

Thanking the clerk for making representations to BT with the result that the telephone box has been repainted.

 

17/8/12

Andrew Gadd
Gadd Properties

Request to meet the Chairman to outline planned development proposals for site on land behind the School.

V Chairman to meet.

22/8/12

Sally Vickery Rights of Way Officer SCC

A thank you for your reporting the loose bottom step of stile T 10/9. Advising that she will have a look when in the area.

 

18/8/12

R Rooke

Complaining that the PC had failed to resolve British Gas invoicing him for the Pavilion.

Chairman replied 22/8/12. The Clerk had previously written, emailed and spoken to BG but BG had not actioned. BG have now confirmed that they will amend their records.

24/8/12

Cllr C Sampson

Request for a dispensation asking to be permitted to speak on planning item 14/12/0015 in the interest of local residents.

 

 

9.   Recreation Field. (SH, KR, YG, GH, SW). Update on the project to install play equipment and a MUGA, the initiative to improve and manage the site , to learn of D Wilson Homes response to the PC request to reinstate former site office site on verge and to learn what grants/facility are available/is required to replace or refurbish the pavilion.

 

10.  TME (CS). Update on the agreement between the PC and TME.

 

11.  Highways (CS, GL. KH and PC). Update of issues reported /identified, the A38 Adsborough and to consider the procurement of salt bins.

 

12   Footpaths and Pavements (SH, PC) Update report.

 

13.   Newsletter. (CS) Update

 

14.   Allotments. (KR) Update report on the making of allotments available to the Parish.

 

15.   Merlyn’s Copse. (KR, SW) Update report on the tree work , clearing and improvement of the Copse and the Obtaining of quotes for ‘no dog’ signs and two pedestrian gates.  The Clerk to advise regarding movement of fencing.

 

16.   Accounts.  16.1 Clerk’s wages and expenses, invoices to be paid and income received.  
16.2 Risk Assessment of Assets. Cllrs and the Clerk to update on the Risk Assessments undertaken.
16.3 External Audit. To receive a clear report of Moore Stephens, Accountants.
16.4 Accounts. Report attached. The Council’s receipts for the period 31 March 2012 to 30 June 2012 are £29,615.08 and the expenditure for the same period is £9,056.67.

 

17.  To receive County & District Councillors’ Reports.

 

18.  Matters to be carried forward to the next Parish Council Meeting.

 

19.  Staff Matters (Public and Press excluded for this item)

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net