/ Parish Council / Agendas / 13th May 2019



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

A G E N D A for the Annual General Meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council to be held at 7.00pm

on Monday, 13th May 2019 in the Cartwright Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael.

(The Public and Press are entitled to attend. There will be an opportunity for the Public to speak before the meeting).

1. Chair’s welcome.


2. Election of Chair.


3. To receive the Chair’s declaration of acceptance of office.


4. To receive any apologies for absence.


5. Declarations of Interests. Declarations of Individual Members.


6. Election of Vice-Chairperson.


7. Vacancies on the Parish Council. There are three vacancies which are advertised. PC to make a decision at the

3rd June meeting. Anyone interested in becoming a PCllr is asked to contact the Clerk prior to the end of May for an

informal discussion and to attend the 3rd June PC meeting..


8. Individual Parish Councillors responsibilities. (1) To agree Finance Sub Ctte Membership,

(2) To agree the PC working parties and their membership see separate report; (3) Neighbourhood Plan to reconfirm

membership of the NH Panels membership (4) to reconfirm the PIP18 working party and to agree representation on

the outside bodies (5) Village Hall (PB) and (6) United Charities (GH).


9. To receive County and District Councillors’ Reports.


10. Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 1st April 2019.


11. 11.1 Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 1st April 2019.

11.2 To consider a proposal from BB that "Proposer, Seconder and votes be recorded in future minutes of meetings".


12. Planning. 12.1. Planning Appeal. App/D3315/W/18/3219264 No 33 Dillon’s Road. To note the Planning Inspectorates

decision to grant the appeal for a bungalow on side garden. 12.2 CSM Neighbourhood Plan. To update the PC of

further consultation outcomes and that these have been passed to independent Planning inspector currently examining

the plan. 12.3 Monkton Heathfield Urban Extension2. to update on meetings held with West Monkton PC, SWAT and

to agree aims (see separate document) and representations, including the proposal to establish a MHUE2 joint advisory

panel with representatives from involved Councils. 12.4 SWTC decision to cease forwarding

plans of applications to Parish Councils. To note Clerks response to SWTC that it continues to provide plans.

13. Finance –

13.1 To approve payment of the Clerks and Caretakers Wages, HMRC and SCC Pension Fund payments, the Clerks

April Expense’s and other invoices received; Bibby Factors Bristol Ltd (Rec Park 3d Security 25.3.19-21.4.19) £302.40,

KSigns (SW) Ltd (APM Banner Update) £24.00, Nigel’s Window Cleaning Co (Bus Shelter Cleaning 6.4.19)

£75.00, B Howe (Internal Audit Fees 2018-2019) £306.00.

13.2 Monies Received and banked since the last meeting; Tone Youth (Pitch Fees March 19) £100.00, Tone Youth

(Pitch Fees April 19) £40.00, SWTC (CIL) £6,578.62, SWTC (PRECEPT 1st half) £26,403.45, PIP; Material things £40.00.

13.3 Authority to make payments as accounts received. EDF (Rec Park Garage and Pavilion) and final payment to

BGas (Pavilion Electricity Supply) and for 4 Neighbourhood Watch Signs for Ham Village and a further 4 for Ham Road.

13.4 Payments made since last mtg (as authorised) British Gas (Pavilion Electricity Supply 8.3.19–7.4.19)

£120.98, JM Entertainment (25% deposit for PIP) £810.00

13.5 Internal Audit. To consider the report of the Internal Auditor (separately circulated).

13.6 Banking. To consider recommendation of the Clerk to close deposit account.

13.7 Pavilion electricity supply. Clerk to update on transfer of supplier to EDF.

14. Party in the Park 6th July and Somerset Day Clean Up 11th May 2019. AB to report on preparations for PIP19

and Village Tidy Up Day.

15. Rec Park. 15.1 To update 15.2 Improvements. To update on projects to (i) fence park (SG), (ii) to provide an

additional MUGA, lighting and additional play equipment (iii) to ensure youth club can meet in the pavilion.



16. Highways. 16.1 Defects or Issues to be reported /considered. 16.2 Road Safety. The commissioning of a Feasibility

Report to show potential options for Traffic Management to reduce speed and volumes through CSM. 16.3 Hopkins

Field/Hyde Lane. To consider SCC Highways proposal to implement parking and waiting restrictions.

17. Footpaths/Rights of Way. 17.1 Defects/Issues and report of the Parish Footpath volunteers.


18. Ham – To consider residents reports of anti-social and potential offences taking place at Ham Footbridge and

Coalharbour Bridge


19. Technology. To consider PCllrs having domain emails addresses, investigating large WIFI enable screen for use at PC

Meetings and need for a hearing loop.


20. Youth Club. To update on the setting up of an open access youth Club.


21. Correspondence. To consider any correspondence received that Cllrs wish to raise.


22. New Matters to be carried forward.


23. Council to decide to exclude Public and Press for these items. 23.1 Allotment site. To consider next steps.

23.2 Canal Car Park. To consider acquisition 23.3 Planning enforcement. To note confidential actions being taken by

SWTC.


Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net

The next CSM PC mtgs are on 3rd June and 8th July; both at 7pm in the Cartwright Room, Village Hall.