/ Parish Council / Agendas / 4th June 2018



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

A G E N D A for the Meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council to be held at 7.00pm

on Monday, 4th June 2018 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael.

(The Public and Press are entitled to attend. There will be an opportunity for the Public to speak before the meeting).

1. Chair’s welcome.


2. To receive any apologies for absence.


3. Declarations of Interests. Declarations of Individual Members.


4. Vacancies on the Parish Council. There is a vacancy and the Clerk will update on the process; whether there

is to be an election or if the PC can co-opted onto the Council (Anyone interested in becoming a PCllr should speak to

the Clerk ahead of the meeting).


5. To receive County and District Councillors’ Reports.


6. Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the AGM meeting held on 14th May 2018.


7. Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 14th May 2018.


8. Rec Park. (1) To review the requirements for and siting of a replacement pavilion and to decide how to

proceed. (2) To consider the procurement of additional play equipment and a MUGA and their siting in the

Rec Park. (3) To update on operational issues (if any), (4) Caretakers Holiday Cover. To agree.


9. Individual Parish Councillors responsibilities. (1) To agree Membership of replacement pavilion panel

(Currently - C Sampson, S Greenhalgh, A Birch, Y Guest, D Knight , I Wright) and to agree formal panels constitution.


10. Planning. Neighbourhood Plan. Appointment of an Independent Examiner. The examiner for the West Monkton &

Cheddon Fitzpaine Neighbourhood Development Plan was Ann Skippers MRTPI FRSA FHEA AoU . The Parish

Council is asked to confirm that it would like Ann Skippers to be appointed to undertake the examination of the Creech

St Michael Neighbourhood Development Plan as the appointment being a joint one between TDBC and the PC.

11. Finance –

11.1 To approve payment of the Clerks and Caretakers Wages, HMRC and SCC Pension Fund payments,

the Clerks May Expense’s and other invoices received; Heartstart Somerset (Cost of materials used fitting defib’ s into

Telephone boxes) £145.00, EDF (Rec Park Garage (Electricity 11.4.18-11.5.18) £5.86, Zurich Municipal (Insurance

(19.7.18-18.7.19) Premium £1,583.63, Barracuda (Supply of plastic boxes to store Gazebo parts) £

11.2 Monies Received and banked since the last meeting; Tone Youth (Football Pitch Fees 11/12/18/20 May)

£80.00 , Nigel’s Window Cleaning Co (Website Advertising 2017) £50.00, Ruishton FC (Football Pitch Fees 14/18/21

April) £60.00.

11.3 Authority to make payments as accounts received. British Gas (Electricity supply).

11.4 Community Infrastructure Levy. The Clerk to update on CIL payable.

11.5 Child Care payments to PCllrs. To consider adopting a scheme to reimburse the additional cost of PCllrs childcare

costs incurred in order to attend authorised meetings (see separate report).

12. Party in the Park 14th July 2018 (SG,CS,DK,YG,AB) To report on preparations for PIP18 and projects/grants (incl

the Village clear-up day 30th June).


13. Highways. 12.1 Defects to be reported. 12.2 Highways Safety (SH. PB, Clerk); To report response to the

invitation to TDBC Cllrs J Williams and R Habgood and SCCllr D Fothergill to participate in a Safety walk through the

village and to consider the commissioning of a Feasibility Report to show potential options for Traffic Management to

reduce speed and volumes through CSM as a first step to the development of a Traffic Management Plan.


14. Footpaths/Rights of Way. Defects to be reported and the report of the Parish Vol Footpaths Officers.


15 . General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Clerk to brief PCllrs on requirements and agree approach to

Compliance (see separate briefing sheet).


16. Public Transport. To consider SCC PT Strategy (previously circulated) and to agree a response.


17. Correspondence. To consider any correspondence received that Cllrs wish to raise.


18. New Matters to be carried forward. July - to consider the Taunton Transport Plan (PB to attend briefing 22.6.18).

and the Future warding arrangements for the new district council that will replace WSDC and TDDC (SH to attend a

presentation from the Boundary Commission Monday 25.6.18).


Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net


Future Meetings; The next scheduled PC meetings are on July 2nd and Sept 3rd at 7pm.

A meeting will be held on 6th August only if Planning Applications are received for comment.

These meetings are to be held in one of the Village Hall Cttee Rooms (which to be dictated by building works progress).