/ Parish Council / Agendas / 9th April 2018



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

A G E N D A for the Meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council to be held at 7.00pm

on Monday, 9th April 2018 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael.

(The Public and Press are entitled to attend. There will be an opportunity for the Public to speak before the meeting).

1. Chair’s welcome.


2. To receive any apologies for absence.


3. Declarations of Interests. Declarations of Individual Members.


4. To receive County and District Councillors’ Reports.


5. Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 5th March 2018.


6. Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 5th March 2018.


7. Planning. 7.1 Planning Applications received. To consider the following application received;

Date

Ref

Application




5/3/2018

14/18/0003

9 Arundells Way, CSM. Erection of a single storey side extension to the side .

7/3/2018

14/18/0004

1 Horsey's Cottage, St Michaels Road, Creech St Michael - Erection of a two storey and single extension to the rear.

6/3/2018

14/18/0005

The Bartons, St Michaels Road, CSM. Demolition and Assoc outbuildings and erection of 5 No dwellings and Assoc works.

19/03/2018

14/18/0006

Beacon Top, Combe Lane, West Monkton. Erection of a single and two storey extension and alterations to existing dormer

19/03/2018

14/18/0007

Cathill Farm, Foxhole Lane, Worthy lane, Creech St Michael Erection of two storey and single storey extensions to the side.

7.2 Application No: 4/38/17/0205. Junction 25 roundabout To note that SCC have decided to construct a new road

scheme including the widening and enlargement of the roundabout, the widening of Toneway over approx. 200m length

from J.25, the construction of a new roundabout to the SouthWestern corner of the Gateway Park & Ride site and the

construction of linking sections of road to J.25 and the A358/Ruishton Lane junction, junction alterations, provision of

pedestrian and cyclist facilities and associated street furniture on land at Junction 25, M5, Taunton

7.3. Planning - CSM Neighbourhood Plan. To update the PC incl feedback on the further Sect 14 consultation and

and to consider sign off the plan to go forward for Section 15 Consultation and next steps.

8. Finance –

8.1 To approve payment of the Clerks and Caretakers Wages, HMRC and SCC Pension Fund payments,

the Clerks March Expense’s and other invoices received; Bibby Factors Ltd Security (Rec Park 3d Security 26.2.18-

25.3.18) £198.00, WYG (NH Plan Consultancy) £3,000.00, K Signs (Update of 3 APM Banners) £24.00, Buyer Direct Ltd

(PIP 4 Gazebos) £1,766.00, SALC (Member Training) £25.

8.2 Monies Received and banked since the last meeting; SW Lottery (proceeds) £7.00, Ruishton FC ( Football Jan

and Feb pitch fees ) £120.00, Tone Youth (Football 3rd/4th/18th Feb) £60.00, QSP Printers £50 Website Advert.

PIP - Mr & Mrs Wigmore (Food Vendor) £75, The Folly Nursery (Stall holder) £10.00.

8.3 Authority to make payments as accounts received. British Gas (Electricity supply).

8.4 Invoices Paid since last mtg (as authorised). Bibby Factors Ltd Security (Rec Park 3d Security 26.1.18-

25.2.18) £210.00 and British Gas (Pavilion Electricity 6.2.18-7.3.18) £53.45.

8.5 Final Year End A/cs. To consider the final accounts for the year 2017-2018, bank reconciliation and asset listing

previously circulated.

8.6 Annual Governance Statement. PCllrs to review and confirm each responsibility has been undertaken

during the year.

8.7 Accounting Statements . PCllrs to review the Accounting Statements for the year.

8.8 Dog Bin Emptying. To consider quotation for emptying.

8.9 Telephone Box wiring. To agree arrangements for considering quotations to be received and authorising works.

8.10 Grant Request – To consider a request from the “Love Musgrove Appeal” for a grant towards a 3rd MRI Scanner.

9. Party in the Park 14th July 2018 (SG,CS,DK,YG,AB) To report on preparations for PIP18 and projects/grants.

10. Rec Park. (SG,CS,DK,YG) . 10.1 To update 10.2 Grass Cutting. To consider quotation for 2018 season.

10.3 Improvements . To update on taking forward plans.


11. Highways. 11.1 Defects to be reported. 11.2 Hollingsworth Estate Speed Calming; To consider update requested

from Highways. 11.3 CSM Highways Safety Awareness walk through. The Clerk to advise of arrangements.


12. Footpaths/Rights of Way. 12.1 Defects to be reported. 12.2 Hyde Lane “Safe Route to School”. To consider

progress report 12.3 Ryesland Way to Canal slope. To consider quotation for works to provide a rail and undertake

surfacing. Also whether to make a grant to the Rivers and Canal Trust as FA’C (Parish Path Liaison Officer) suggested.

FA’C has proposed the PC offer half the cost to include PIP grant of £200 to help secure footpath improvement


13. Annual Parish Meeting April 27th Friday 2018. Clerk to update on preparations.


14. Open Access Youth Club. Clerk to Update on the establishment of a club.


15. West Somerset and Taunton Council – new council warding pattern. See separate report from the Clerk.

16. Bus Shelters. Consider request for shelters at C. Heathfield.


17. Correspondence. To consider any correspondence received that Cllrs wish to raise.


18. New Matters to be carried forward. To consider the Taunton Transport Plan.


Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net


Future Meetings;

The Annual Parish Meeting is to take place on 27th April 7pm (for 7.30pm start).

This meeting is to be held in the Village Hall.


The next scheduled PC meetings are on 14th May (AGM) and 4th June at 7pm.

These meetings are to be held in one of the Village Hall Cttee Rooms (which to be dictated by building works progress).