/ Parish Council / Creech Neighbourhood Plan / Minutes 11th April 2017



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC Neighbourhood Plan Panel
held at 6.30pm on Tuesday 11th April 2017

                          in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

Present Co-opted Parishioners C Cudlip (Chair), F A'Court, L Crowley, A Hayes, J Scott and J Read, PCllr K
Reed (Vice Chair), J Birch (CCfS) and S Altria (Parish Clerk). S Hutchings (PC Chair). No Parishioners attended.

NP17/67. Welcome. CC welcomed everyone to the meeting and to guest Julie Moore TDBC Project Team Leader in particular.  

NP17/68. To receive any apologies for absence. Co-opted Parishioner J McCarthy and D Summerfield (WYG). A Oldham

NP17/69. Declarations of Interests. None declared.

NP17/70. Julie Moore (TDBC Project Team Leader) attended and updated the Panel on TDBC progress. JM explained that having capacity funding her team (Lisa Mc Cafferty [Highways], Francis Walmsley [Planner] and Ian Clark [Green Infrastructure]) have been working with the developers to refresh the master plan. Various surveys had been completed (Traffic count, Ecological Assessment) or are about to be started (Employment and Retail). Whilst the traffic count are known the assessments have not yet been done until the positioning of new Schools and the District Centre are known.

JM advised that two high pressure gas pipes running across the urban extension site had delayed progress as this would necessitate a 55m sterisation of the site. After negotiations it had been agreed to replace with modern materials thereby reducing the safe zone but the costs and timings have yet to be resolved suggesting the area would be in a later phase.

A total of 3500 houses are now envisaged in the urban are; 1000 less than originally planned in CSM. The school would be all through incl primary to secondary. It would no longer be on the north of the site as this land has yet to be brought and is too costly. A meeting with the developers is planned for tomorrow to explore options. Public consultation will be in May at the earliest and then once final options have been identified formal consultation with the PC will take place before decisions are taken.JM was asked how the new garden Town principles proposals will influence the development. JM advised that there was a Local Plan review about to be started (27/4/17), that there would be opportunity to input in the normal way and though this development was too late to follow the full ambitions for Garden Towns the principles would be encompassed. The Clerk had previously circulated the principles.

CC then updated JM using the 9 themed slides the panel had reviewed over the past three meetings. JM confirmed that they were what was required and once tested at the APM (21st April 2017) would form the basis of the panels developers briefings on the 2nd May and the writing of the CSM PC NH Plan.

The Clerk advised he had finally got a response from the Developers to the panels request for the early provision of land along Hyde Lane (from the Motorway Bridge to the Cottages) to SCC to enable them to create a safe route to school footpath now for the School children. They had advised that they do not control sufficient land along the lane to provide the footpath link but are endeavouring to find a solution. They had highlighted the master planning workshop with TDBC to discuss options for the master plan. Amongst the issues they wish to raise are connectivity to the existing community. Connectivity within the current developed area and the connection to the new master planned area.

Action. The Clerk to circulate the draft slides to be used at the APM to the panel for review and for the Garden Town principles to be added to the identified priorities for CSM. The Clerk had asked SCC Highways for preferred footpath route.

NP17/71. Minutes - to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 30th March 2017. (These had been previously circulated to Panel Members). These were agreed without any amendments being made. The minutes were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.

NP17/72. Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 30th March 2017; (1) NP16/40(6) Rec Park. It was noted that the professional advisors acting on behalf of the Owner of the field
adjacent to the Rec Park had replied advising that the agreement to meet her valuation fees should be unconditional
to a sale and that the PC would consider this further request at its next meeting on the 6th March. In the event the PC decided to obtain preplanning advice before making a decision and this is now awaited. Carried forward.

Banner. CCfS had now changed the artwork to reflect the changes in the wording agreed. The PC had agreed to finance at its last meeting and the Clerk would now order.

NP17/73. Garden City Status Conference (Taunton Rugby Club 6th April). The Garden City conference was attended by SH (PC Chair), the Clerk and DS of WYG. A note on the conference had previously been circulated along with comments from DS and a listing of the principles. It is now clear that this Govt iniative is about getting additional housing built rather than ensuring more green fields (though this was hoped for). It was agreed to adopt the Garden City principles as an aim of CSM.

NP17/74. A358/A303 Dueling. Highway England had issued details of their plans to duel these roads and consultation meeting dates. Panel members had been encouraged to attend. The Clerk had previously circulated a note he had prepared since attending. It was noted a new J25a on the M5 with no local access into Taunton was included on the M5 as the Engineers were not convinced now the strategic Employment (Nexus) site had been announced that even an upgraded J25 would be able to cope with traffic volumes. 70% of the traffic flow was anticipated to continue using the old A358 through Henlade. This scheme was then discussed at some length.

NP17/75. APM Friday 21st April 2017 7pm for 7.30pm start. The slides to be used as the basis of the panel report to the APM will be presented by CC and DS (or Simon Coles for DS) with support from JB as required. CC and SC (along with the Clerk) will be getting together on 20th to review who is speaking to which slide. CC advised he planned to introduce all panel members to the meeting.   

NP17/76. Next Steps. Once the APM had confirmed the Parish theme priorities then the writing of the NH Plan and its policies can be commenced in earnest by DS. The next meeting would be with the developers to update each other.

 

 

NP17/77 AOB. (1) The Clerk advised he had had been tasked by the PC at its last meeting to get quotes for the running and venue for an open access youth club. This was welcomed. (2) The Clerk advised he had yet to examine whether a further grant can be applied for from Groundwork's.

NP17/78. Date of Next Meeting. The next Meeting is 2nd May at 6.30pm in the lower CSM VH Cttee room.

The meeting closed at 9.30pm.

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net