/ Parish Council / Creech Neighbourhood Plan / Minutes 13th December 2016



 

CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC Neighbourhood Plan Panel held at 7pm on Tuesday 13th December 2016

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present PCllrs I Wright (Chair), L Gates (Vice Chair) and K Reed. Co-opted Parishioners C Cudlip,  

J Scott, E Tucker, D Summerfield (WYG) and S Altria (Parish Clerk). No Parishioners attended.

 

NP16/83. Welcome  Cllr Wright welcomed everyone to the meeting.

NP16/84. To receive any apologies for absence.  J McCarthy and J Birch (CCfS).

NP16/85. Declarations of Interests.  None given

NP16/86.  Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 24th November 2016. (These had been previously circulated to Cllrs). These were agreed without any amendments being made. The minutes were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.

NP16/87.  Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 24th November 2016;   

(1) NP/29(3) The Clerk advised that WM PC NH Plan Panel had confirmed in writing that the proposed footpath along Hyde Lane (Motorway to Cottages) was included in their NH plan and that the footpath  extends onto the School.

(2) NP16/40(6) Rec Park. The PC had now heard from the adj field Owner professional advisors and the question of paying her professional advisers fees will be considered by the PC at their Jan meeting.

(3) NP16/40(7) A358/A303 Duelling/M5 Junc 25 Improvements. The Clerk advised that he had requested details of the traffic modelling for these projects once they were available. SCC had provided these for J25 improvements and had referred him to Highways England for the A358 duelling. A request has been made to HE and a reply is still awaited. Action. ET to evaluate Data received.

(4) School Consultations. JB has underway

(5) Employers Consultation. The Clerk reported this had now just beeb completed and a formal report would be forthcoming but that it was clear that the present companies/employers had requested no requirement for new commercial buildings beyond some incubator units.

 

(6) NP16/77. Village Youth Survey event. Action. Clerk to advise Youth Workers and all to support event publicity and organisation as needed.

 

(7) NP16/78. Developers.  The Clerk had advised the developers the panel was still surveying parishioners

needs and he would be in contact shortly.

 

(8) NP16/79. West Monkton PC. The Clerk had arranged a meeting with West Monkton PC NH Plan Panel

for 19th December 7pm.

 

(9) NP16/80. Community Infrastructure Levy Workshop 23.11.16. The Clerk reported that the slides used at and the key messages arising from the recent CIL workshop held in West Monkton had been shared with the PC.

 

(10). Next Steps. DS to provide project plan for 9th Jan PC meeting.

 

NP16/88. Neighbourhood Plan – Consultation

IW drew attention to presentation of data on page 4 of the draft consultation report and expressed his view that the data was skewed; whilst those stating ‘extremely’  and ‘very important’ had been scored those who had stated ‘slightly important ’ or ‘somewhat important’ have essentially been somewhat ignored. IW suggested that this gave a propensity to lean towards the subject and asked the panel if they accepted the methodology. LG asked how a vote for something can then be scored as a negative. The consensus was that the scoring methodology should have  more accurately reflected the responses.

 

The discussion then turned to how much the scoring had skewed the results and if it was worth undertaking a rescoring exercise in order to establish revised results and if this would materially change outcomes. In considering this it was acknowledged that the evidence for the NH Plan would come from many surveys and sources and not  all of these would be scored and those that were would be scored using different basis; suggesting that the panel has to be less literal and take a view on relative importance. Other examples of validation were indentified such as popular but unrealistic ideas, unaffordable options and good ideas that only one person had suggested. It was also noted that whilst staying with the scoring as the underlying basis for inclusion in the NH Plan has much merit the panel felt a more pragmatic approach would have to be adopted in practice as the Plan needed to be flexible enough to capture the good ideas for the Parish at they emerge at any stage, including those in the numerous comments pages within the survey and from all sources upto its submission. The key is that there is a consensus that a proposal should be included.

 

The panel agreed the topic areas/policy themes as Environment, Community, Housing, Recreation, Open Space, Road Safety (incl capacity), Facilities, Bus/Employment and Youth.

 

It was then agreed that each panellist would send their spreadsheet listings of key outcomes as they had identified/extracted from the report to the Clerk for condensing into a single spreadsheet for the panel to them work form. A discussion took place about the need to link back each entry to the report pages but this was felt to be too onerous at this stage. Once consolidated the spreadsheet would then be circulated to all panel members to amend/add/review in preparation of reaching agreement and sign off at the Jan panel meeting. Once agreed these would then go to DS to develop policies and be shared with PC. DS also offered to circulate good example NH Plans elsewhere and in due course other Councils policies.

 

Action. Panel members to send their spreadsheet listings to the Clerk for consolidating into a single spreadsheet.

This is then to be circulated to panel members for review/amend/deletion and return to Clerk in preparation for agreeing a revised single spreadsheet at the Jan panel meeting.

DS to circulate good examples of NH Plans elsewhere and to start to identify policies for future circulation.

The Clerk to request rescoring of the draft survey results from CCfS and to get clarity over the demand for having access to the West Monkton Relief road from Hyde Lane.

 

NP16/89. Dates for future Meetings. 16th Jan 2017 6.30pm Village Hall Lower Cttee room.

 

The meeting closed at 10pm.

The next meeting of CSM PC NH Plan Panel is to be held on Monday 19th Dec 7pm in the Lower Cttee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net