/ Parish Council / Creech Neighbourhood Plan / Minutes 15 June 2017



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC Neighbourhood Plan Panel
held at 6.30pm on Thursday 15th June 2017

                          in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

Present Co-opted Parishioners C Cudlip (Chair), J Birch, F A'Court, L Crowley, A Oldham and J Scott, PCllr K Reed (Vice Chair). D Summerfield (WYG). S Altria (Parish Clerk). No Members of the public attended.

NP17/97. Welcome. CC welcomed everyone to the meeting.  

NP17/98. To receive any apologies for absence. PCllr P Brown and Co-opted Parishioners A Hayes,

J McCarthy and J Read.

NP17/99. Declarations of Interests. No further declarations made.

NP17/100. Minutes - to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 18th May 2017. (These had been previously circulated to Panel Members). These were agreed without any amendments being made. The minutes were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.

NP17/101. Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 18th May 2017.               

The Clerk advised;

(1) NP16/40(6) Rec Park. SCC Highways had asked for plans and more information before giving preplanning advice. The PC have yet to decide if it will continue with this.

(2) NP17/74 A358/A303 Dueling. Despite HE having suspended the consultation they were undertaking on a single j25a option and having yet to restart it in this week’s County Gazette HE had announced public meetings. These are to be held in Stoke St Mary VHall on 19th and in Ruishton VHall on 21st June both at 7pm. Members were encouraged to attend. 

(3) NP17/77 Youth Club. The Clerk advised he had had been tasked by the PC to get quotes for the running and venue for an open access youth club and this was in hand (2) The Clerk advised he had yet to examine whether a further grant can be applied for from Groundwork's or the Lottery.

(4) NP17/85 Draft West Monkton NH Plan. A letter of thanks from West Monkton and Cheddon Fitzpaine Parish Councils had been received in response to CSM’s letter of support for their draft Neighbourhood plan.

(5) NP17/90. David Fothergill (Somerset County Councillor). The Panel reflected on the discussions with DF and in particular remaining concerns over the routing of buses from the planned park and ride and the apparent lack of understanding of what will be required re Schools in the new urban extension. It was agreed to keep pressing on these points.

The Clerk had asked TDBC to set up a Governance Board with representation from CSM and had been advised that the whole governance of the three urban areas was being currently reviewed as a result of Tauntons Garden Town status.

He had also pressed the developers on the need to make progress on the safe route to school as a priority and had received a reply stating that they were treating it as such, the developer had already met with DF and hoped to have a response by the next meeting. DF had advised that Highways prefer the north side of Hyde Lane. It was reconised that a temp solution may be found and this was welcomed; indeed now the dryer weather had commenced it appeared that some “short cutting across the fields” was already taking place.

NP17/93. TDBC Pitch Strategy. The Parish Council had supported the Panel points on the strategy and these have now been submitted to TDBC. It was noted if these were not included in the strategy then they should be in the CSM NH Plan.

NP17/94. Housing Needs Survey. The Clerk confirmed he had commissioned TDBC and advised them of requested amended and additional questions. TDBC had asked a few practical questions to which responses were agreed (No prize for completion/local venue for further questionnaire pickup/newsletter deadlines).

NP17/102. CSM NH Plan V1. DS had circulated a first alliteration two weeks ahead of the meeting and had asked for comments ahead of and at the meeting. The V1 draft was read through and discussed and this  formed the substantive part of the meeting. Action. The Clerk to provide DS the list of employers, a copy of the reply to TDBC on its pitch strategy and F.A’C to provide some words merits of the canal for inclusion.  

NP17/103. Next Steps. DS advised that the points raised at the meeting would now be written into the plan along with other gathered content and a v2 circulated by 6th July for reading and comment on before or at the next meeting. The aim is to provide a plan to the PC for its Sept meeting.

           

Date of Next Meeting. The next Meeting is to be held on Thursday 20th July at 6.30pm in the lower CSM VH Cttee room.                                                                                                           The meeting closed at 9. 10pm.

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net