/ Parish Council / Creech Neighbourhood Plan / Minutes 18th May 2017



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC Neighbourhood Plan Panel
held at 6.30pm on Thursday 18th May 2017

                          in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

Present Co-opted Parishioners C Cudlip (Chair), F A'Court, L Crowley, A Hayes and J Scott, P Brown and S Hutchings. S Altria (Parish Clerk). No Members of the public attended.

 

NP17/87. Welcome. CC welcomed everyone to the meeting and to guest David Fothergill (Somerset County Councillor) in particular.  

 

NP17/88. To receive any apologies for absence. PCllr K Reed (Vice Chair). Co-opted Parishioners J Birch, J McCarthy, A Oldham and J Read. D Summerfield (WYG).

 

NP17/89. Declarations of Interests. No further declarations made.

 

NP17/90. David Fothergill (Somerset County Councillor). The Panel explained to DF the Parishes needs for roads, foot/cycle ways, Schools and Park and Ride stemming from the consultation responses received from the NH Plan Surveys and from the PC. DF recommended the establishment of a Governance board (to include representation from CSM) for phase 2 of the urban extension (i.e. that in CSM) as he felt this had worked well in the phase 1 (West Monkton) in overcoming problems. In particular the discussion included the safe route to school desired along Hyde Lane, Vehicle access to the West Monkton relief road from Hyde Lane, the need for safety improvements and rat running avoidance measures through the Village, the wider improvements planned for Creech Castle/J25/Nexus/A358 dueling, the need for a Bus gate, the routing of Park and Ride buses, improved cycle and footways and the Schools that are needed.

Action. The Clerk to ask TDBC to set up a Governance Board and to press the Developers again to progress the safe route to School.

 

NP17/91. Minutes - to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 2nd May 2017. (These had been previously circulated to Panel Members). These were agreed without any amendments being made. The minutes were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.

 

NP17/92. Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 2nd May 2017.               (1) NP16/40(6) Rec Park. SH informed the panel of the preplanning advice that had been given to the Parish Council and advised that SCC Highways views have now been sought and their advices are awaited.

(2) NP17/74 A358/A303 Dueling. The Clerk advised that the PC’s response has been sent to Highways England (copied to SCC and TDBC). The PC had stated the need for a programme of safety works to be undertaken prior to the road build through the Village, that there must be phasing of the various infrastructure works and far greater closer working between the three that had taken place to date. A solution that removed the need for queuing traffic on the old A358 and ensured that Lorries wishing to access the new strategic employment site Nexus do not need to go through Henlade needs to be implemented was also stated.   

(3) NP17/77 Youth Club. The Clerk advised he had had been tasked by the PC to get quotes for the running and venue for an open access youth club and this was in hand (2) The Clerk advised he had yet to examine whether a further grant can be applied for from Groundwork's or the Lottery.

(4) NP17/85 Draft West Monkton NH Plan. CSM PC had agreed to the panel’s recommendation to write a letter to West Monkton and Cheddon Fitzpaine Parish Councils in support of their draft Neighbourhood plan and that this had been sent.

 

NP17/93. TDBC Pitch Strategy. The Panel considered the strategy which had been previously circulated along with a report from the Clerk. The panel decided to make a number of recommendations and observations to CSM PC to be included in its response to the TDBC consultation. These include the need for the strategy to be put into better context and to have a more transparent systems of resource allocation, to consider a wider range of sports, to be reassigned from the Taunton area to the East of Deane Area, for provisions to be co-located along with pavilion facilities, to try and secure an artificial pitch and for greater prior consultation in the drafting of the strategy.

 

NP17/94. Housing Needs Survey. The Clerk advised that the PC has decided it needs to undertake a Housing Needs Survey as one was last done by TDBC in 2007 and they have no plans to update. In order to ensure as far as possible residents housing needs are fully understood and met this will be used to inform the Neighbourhood Plan. The PC intend to commission TDBC to undertake the survey. Panel Members reviewed a draft survey that been provided and several additional and amended questions where suggested.

Action. The Clerk to commission TDBC and advise them of requested amended and additional questions.

 

NP17/95. Next Steps. DS is working on writing the plan in earnest and a first alliteration will be circulated in a weeks time. This will not be complete but Panel members were asked to review the documentation and framework and to provide feedback either to the Clerk ahead of or at the next meeting.  

 

NP17/96. Date of Next Meeting. The next Meeting is Thursday 15th June at 6.30pm in the lower CSM VH Cttee room.

The meeting closed at 9.10pm.

 

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net