/ Parish Council / Creech Neighbourhood Plan / Minutes 24th November 2016



 

CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC Neighbourhood Plan Panel

held at 6.30pm on Thursday 24th November 2016

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present PCllrs I Wright (Chair), L Gates (Vice Chair) and K Reed. Co-opted Parishioners C Cudlip,  

J Scott, E Tucker, J Birch (CCfS), D Summerfield (WYG) and S Altria (Parish Clerk). No Parishioners attended.

 

NP16/71. Welcome  Cllr Wright welcomed everyone to the meeting.

NP16/72. To receive any apologies for absence.  J McCarthy.

NP16/73. Declarations of Interests.  None given

NP16/74.  Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 14th November 2016. (These had been previously circulated to Cllrs). These were agreed without any amendments being made. The minutes were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.

NP16/75.  Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 14th November 2016;   

(1) NP/29(3) The Clerk advised that he had written to WM PC/NH Plan Panel appraising them of the need for a footpath along Hyde Lane (Motorway to Cottages) and had an acknowledgement advising the Clerk was on leave so a response would be sent on her return.

(2) NP16/40(6) Rec Park. The Clerk reminded the Panel he had written to the adj field Owner asking if an agreed sale could be achieved and this time the response stated she would need to get professional advice and asked for her professional advisers fees to be paid. The Clerk advised this had been considered by the PC who had agreed that he write asking how much this £ would cost before they made a decision. A reply is now awaited. 

(3) NP16/40(7) A358/A303 Duelling/M5 Junc 25 Improvements. The Clerk advised that he had requested details of the traffic modelling for these projects once they were available. SCC had provided these for J25 improvements and had referred him to Highways England for the A358 duelling. A request has been made to HE and a reply is now awaited. Action. ET to evaluate Data received.

(4) School Consultations. JB to agree and implement with JMcC and WM School. The Clerk reported he had asked WM NH Panel to learn of their consultation findings.

(5) Employers Consultation. The Clerk reported this was currently underway and finding would be available in December.

NP16/76. Neighbourhood Plan – Consultation. IW thanked JB for the CCfS draft report which was circulated.  He felt it had many positives. The highlights from the survey data were reflected on and discussion took place as to how the data should be presented and interpreted, particularly as to how age, location and differing question formats are reflected in the results. It was agreed that an executive statement was required and the key findings agreed as a next step and individual comments on the data fed to JB for review. Action. Individual Panel Members to feed to JB observations soonest. DS to produce a template for all panel members to complete, each to identify their twelve key needs from the data before a meeting to be held mid dec (13/14/15th) to share views on and to agree the overall priorities.  Following the meeting JB to provide some policies for the key needs that are indentified.

NP16/77. Village Youth Survey event. The Clerk advised that the Wellington Youth Workers had

agreed to prepare and put on a programme of activities for an evening in CSM which would be designed to

enable the young people who attend to express their views on the Parish at a cost of £325. It was agreed

to accept this quote and to hold the evening in late Jan 2017 probably in the Village Hall and to provide

pizza and chips. Action. Clerk to advise Youth Workers and all to support event publicity and organisation

as needed in due course.

 

NP16/78. Developers.  A request from developers to meet again was considered. Action. The Clerk

to advise the developers the panel was still surveying parishioners needs and he would be in contact shortly.

 

NP16/79. West Monkton PC. Action. The Clerk to arrange a meeting with West Monkton PC NH Plan Panel

(preferred dates 13/14/15 Dec).

 

 

 

NP16/80. Community Infrastructure Levy Workshop 23.11.16. The Clerk reported back on the CIL workshop held in West Monkton the previous day which had been well organised by CCfS and attended by KR,CC,ES and himself. He shared some thoughts;

  • CIL is liked by developers as it brings upfront certainty of costs.
  • CIL is not ‘all good’ as its poor at providing funds for prior investment.
  • CIL has a £100p.a limit per house for areas without a NH Plan-another reason for having a NH Plan soonest.
  • Link NH, Plan spending priorities with CIL. At last three years ahead.
  • TDBC have 85%/75% of CIL- how are going to influence that spending?
  • A TDBC Governance Board is being set up in 2017.
  • Use APM to set out priorities.
  • TDBC are about to review their local plan--how are going to influence?

NP16/81. Next Steps/AOB. As agreed actions above.

NP16/82. Date of Next meeting. To be arranged – probably either 13/14/15th Dec depending on WM PC NH Panel agreeing. To be held in the CSM Village Hall Cttee Room.

The meeting closed at 8.45pm.

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net