/ Parish Council / Creech Neighbourhood Plan / Minutes 28th February 2017




CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC Neighbourhood Plan Panel

held at 7pm on Tuesday 28th February 2017

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.


Present Co-opted Parishioners C Cudlip (Chair), J Scott and L Crowley, PCllrs K Reed (Vice Chair) and S Hutchings (CSM PC Chair), D Summerfield (WYG) and S Altria (Parish Clerk). No Parishioners attended.


NP17/22. Welcome CC welcomed everyone to the meeting and to Lee Crowley in particular as this was his first meeting. A briefing on progress to date and plans was given.

NP17/23. To receive any apologies for absence. Co-opted Parishioner J McCarthy and J Birch (CCfS),

NP17/24. Declarations of Interests. None given.

NP17/25. Meeting with Developers. Steve Taylor, Development Director Persimmon Homes SW and Keith Annis Planning Director Redrow Homes SW were expected to attend in order to update on their direction of travel, timescales, to give their views on significance of garden town status and to learn what is wanted going forward and when it will need to be provided.


Also to respond to the panels request for the early provision of land along Hyde Lane (from the MBridge to the Cottages) to SCC to enable them to create a safe route to school footpath now for the School children.


In the event they did not attend. TDBC (AR) had also been invited but had apologised being unable to attend.

Action. Clerk to contact both developers and ask if they still want a meeting and to agree a meeting date and to set up a meeting with TDBC.

NP17/26. Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 24th January 2017. (These had been previously circulated to Panel Members). These were agreed without any amendments being made. The minutes were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.

NP17/27. Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 24th January 2017;

(1) NP16/40(6) Rec Park. It was noted that the professional advisors acting on behalf of the Owner of the field adjacent to the Rec Park had replied advising that the agreement to meet her valuation fees should be unconditional to a sale and that the PC would consider this further request at its next meeting (6th March).

(2) NP17/12&13. Project Vision, Timetable and WYG Fee Schedule. The PC agreed these at its meeting on 6th Feb.


(3) NP17/14. Communication Strategy. The Clerk advised this was under development.


NP17/28. Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 13th February 2017. (These had been previously circulated to Cllrs and agreed by the Clerk, Ruishton PC NH Plan Panel). These were agreed without any amendments being made. The minutes were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.


NP17/29. Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 13th February 2017; None.


NP17/30. Youth Surveys. The Clerk in JBs absence reminded the panel that she along with JMcC had surveyed the Primary School pupils views and the results are awaited. JB also is also working with the secondary school towards asking the CSM children there what they want.


The Panel discussed the informal youth survey event that had been undertaken during the afternoon of the 13th February. Youth workers had provided an afternoon of activities free to participants in the Village Hall in return for Young People giving their views of what they wanted to see in their Parish. Lazy Ricks chip kart had attended to provide sausage and chips (also funded by CSM PC). The event was attended by fewer young people than had been hoped for despite extensive promotion but was otherwise judged very successful. The report from the Youth workers had since been received and the findings noted.


NP17/31. Review of potential policy themes/topic areas. DS introduced his draft document (previously circulated) and explained that he wanted to get a more structured discussion going on the plans topics and policies, to identify projects for funding etc and also to start to deal with the issues that can’t be dealt with by planning policies – such as a “community action plan” and to give some examples of policies that might be used.


It was agreed to review this at three meeting to be held, with each focusing on 3 of the 9 themes on;


9th March -Review three themes - Road Safety/Housing/Employment.

14th March-Review three themes - Community Spirit/Facilities/Youth.

30th March-Review three themes - Environment/Green Spaces/Recreation.



The importance of prereading and being prepared was stressed.


NP17/32. Panel Membership/Chairmanship. The Clerk verbally reported on the responses and it was agreed to Andrew Hayes, Ann Oldham, Fred A'Court and John Read joining the Panel. It was also agreed that Charlie Cudlip be appointed Chair and Kym Reed as Vice Chair (until PC AGM in May).


NP17/33.APM Friday 21st April 2017 7pm for 7.30pm start. The Clerk advised that the NH Plan was the major part of the evening this year. He suggested that the theme be “What we have heard and have we heard right". The intention during the evening will be to explain what a NH Plan is (again), why we are doing a plan, our progress to date (including sharing the highlights/results of the Parish Survey and other surveys incl what we were told at the APM last year/Youth/Employers and then check our understanding with the Parishioners present that weve heard right.  We would also undertake any further consultation that may be identified and communicate what happens next. He advised that he had asked TDBC to attend and hopefully participate. It was agreed WYG would develop some slides working with CC and the Clerk.

Action. WYG, CC and the Clerk to develop an approach to the APM meeting.


NP17/34. AOB


(1) Infrastructure Round Table Discussion. Rebecca Pow M.P. had called a meeting of Parish Councils reps on 14 February which had been attended by SH. She had asked to learn of the concerns regarding the provision of infrastructure in order to enable her to determine how best she might represent views to decision makers in Government. In the event there was a great deal of agreement on the lack of infrastructure being provided and many shared the need for a M5 junc 24a.


(2). Strategic Employment Site, Henlade. TDBC are holding an informal public drop-in session on

1st March from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Holiday Inn at Junction 25 and it was noted that TDBC intended to proceed by using a Loc Dev Order. This would advance the development and it is now anticipated would clash with proposed development of employment land at West Monkton and at Walford rather than follow.


(3) Creech Castle/Tone Way Improvements. It was noted that Govt funding to improve these had been announced and this was welcomed. The time table is not yet known but the panel hoped this would occur before the improvements at M5 J25 and the duelling of the A358 take place.


(4) Taunton - Garden City Status Conference. A Garden City conference is to be held at Taunton Rugby Club on Thursday 6th April. It was agreed representatives should attend and it was agreed to nominate SH, KR and the Clerk

Action. The Clerk to ask the organisers whether there is a discount for three attending and to book places.


NP17/35. Dates for future Meetings.

Meetings are to be held on 9th March, 14 th March and 30th March at 6.30pm in the lower CSM VH Cttee room.


The meeting closed at 9.20pm.


Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net