/ Parish Council / Creech Neighbourhood Plan / Minutes 9th March 2017



 

CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC Neighbourhood Plan Panel

held at 6.30pm on Thursday 9th March 2017

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

 

Present Co-opted Parishioners C Cudlip (Chair), F A’Court, L Crowley, A Hayes, A Oldham, J Read and J Scott, PCllr K Reed (Vice Chair), J Birch (CCfS), D Summerfield (WYG) and S Altria (Parish Clerk). No Parishioners attended.

 

NP17/36. Welcome. CC welcomed everyone to the meeting and new members Fred A'Court, Andrew Hayes, Ann Oldham and John Read in particular and introductions were exchanged.

NP17/37. To receive any apologies for absence.   Co-opted Parishioner J McCarthy.

NP17/38. Declarations of Interests. JR declared his ownership of land in the Parish and that he was a Professional Advisor to a landowner in the Parish.

NP17/39.  An explanation of Neighbourhood Planning, progress to date and what is to happen going forward was given by DS.

NP17/40.  Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 28th February 2017. (These had been previously circulated to Panel Members). These were agreed without any amendments being made. The minutes were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.

NP17/41.  Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 28th February 2017;

 

(1) NP16/40(6) Rec Park. It was noted that the professional advisors acting on behalf of the Owner of the field adjacent to the Rec Park had replied advising that the agreement to meet her valuation fees should be unconditional to a sale and that the PC would consider this further request at its next meeting on the 6th March. In the event the PC decided to obtain preplanning advice before making a decision.

 

(2) NP17/25. Meeting with TDBC/Developers.  The Clerk had been in touch with Ann Rhodes of TDBC and asked TDBC to meet with the panel and to take part in the APM. He was awaiting her reply. He would then be in contact with both developers to agree a new meeting date with them. Apologies had been subsequently received from both Steve Taylor, Development Director Persimmon Homes SW and Keith Annis Planning Director Redrow Homes SW who were expected to have attended the panels last meeting but did not.

 

The Clerk also advised he would raise again the request for the early provision of land along Hyde Lane (from the MBridge to the Cottages) to SCC to enable them to create a safe route to school footpath now for the School children.

 

(3) NP17/33.APM Friday 21st April 2017  7pm for 7.30pm start.  DS, CC and the Clerk are to meet on Monday 13th April to develop a provisional approach to the NH Planning section of the APM meeting. This will then be considered at the panel and finalised at the next meeting on the 14th.

 

(4) NP17/34. (2). Strategic Employment Site, Henlade.  The Panel Chair and Clerk had attended TDBCs informal public drop-in session on 1st March on its intention to develop a SES at Henlade proceeding by way of using a Loc Dev Order. The slides used had been circulated to panel members prior to the meeting. The use of the LDO will advance the development and it is now anticipated the build would clash with proposed development of employment land at West Monkton and at Walford rather than follow these. The PC had considered its response to the consultation and agreed to reply advising that a scheme of road safety measures is needed in CSM and other local villages prior to the scheme proceeding, that the planned improvements for the Creech Castle Junction and the M5 J25 be undertaken before the commencement of the SES build, that the planned footbridge over the motorway should be mandatory rather than optional and that the merits of why this scheme is being brought forward along with the impact upon the WM and Walford employment areas should have been discussed and agreed prior to the public consultation having commenced.

 

NP17/34. (4) Taunton - Garden City Status Conference. A Garden City conference is to be held at Taunton Rugby Club on Thursday 6th April. The Clerk advised he had asked the organisers whether there is a discount for three attending only to learn there was not. He had asked the PC to fund and two places had been allocated for the PC Chair and Clerk to attend.

 

NP17/42. Review of potential policy themes/topic areas. DS introduced his draft document (previously circulated) and explained that he wanted a structured discussion on the plans topics and policies, to identify projects for funding etc and also to start to deal with the issues that can’t be dealt with by planning policies – such as a “community action plan” and to give some examples of policies that might be used.

 

The three themes - Road Safety/Housing/Employment were reviewed with panel members ensuring the responses from the consultation results were accurately represented and reviewed suggested policies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NP17/43. Parish consultations; Youth Surveys. JB reported on the findings (previously circulated) from the survey she had conducted at the village Primary School. The youngsters had asked for more sports and activities, safer roads and for cycle paths and to get involved in a community orchard and growing vegetables. On the 13th JB advised she will be surveying CSM children at West Monkton Sec School.

 

NP17/44. AOB. The Clerk advised that TME had asked for the parish survey results relating to themselves ahead of the APM. It was agreed to release these. It was noted that the results relate to TME and not how the Rec Park is best used.

 

NP17/45. Dates of Next Meeting

 

Meetings are to be held on 14 th March and 30th March at 6.30pm in the lower CSM VH Cttee room.

14th March-Review three themes - Community Spirit/Facilities/Youth.

30th March-Review three themes - Environment/Green Spaces/Recreation.

 

The meeting closed at 9.30pm.

 

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net