/ Parish Council / Minutes / 16th October 2017



CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC held at 7pm on Monday 16th October 2017

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

Present; S Hutchings (Chair), S Greenhalgh (Vice Chair), A Birch, P Brown, S Harris, G Lucas, K Reed and I Wright (Parish Councillors). Steve Altria (Clerk).


The meeting was also attended by members of the CSM Neighbourhood Plan Panel; C Cudlip (Chair), F A’Court, J Birch, A Hayes, J Read, J Scott and S Coles (WYG). One member of the public also attended.


17/181. Chairs Welcome. The Chairman welcomed all.


17/182. Public Speaking. No member of the Public asked to speak


17/183. Apologies. PCllrs Y Guest, D Knight and C Sampson had sent their apologies and reasons given were accepted. CSM NH Plan Panel members L Crowley, J McCarthy and A Oldham also apologised.


17/184. Declarations of Interest. Declarations of Individual Members. JR advised he professionally acts for the owners of the field off Langaller upon which Gladman’s has shown intent to submit an application for housing.


17/185. CSM Neighbourhood Plan. SH reminded those present that the purpose of this meeting is to discuss the draft with members of the CSM Neighbourhood Plan Panel (all of whom have been invited to this PC meeting). He explained that the draft CSM Plan had been previously circulated to PCllrs and NH Plan Panel Members with the intention that after discussion then approval to progress to the next stage of the NH Plan statutory process (i.e informal review and then further statutory and local consultation) is to be considered. The Clerk had asked for comments ahead of or at the meeting and these had been sent through to SC as received.


SC suggested that three additional policies were required; to address Ecology, Transport and Strategic Gaps. The Plan would also need to be brought to life more with some photographs of the Parish which he thanked KR and Judith Derham for providing him with.


SC explained that once agreed the plan would go forward to TDBC (AR) for an informal review to see if there are any shortcomings and then for a formal consultation with statutory and local residents (known as section 14 consultation). The former involves asking a long list of consultees for their views over a six wek period and the latter an evening and/or morning/afternoon public event to explain and allow residents to further review and comment over a six week period (ahead of a TDBC formal consultation). In view of timescales it is hoped that this can be achieved ahead of Xmas and TDBC’s formal consultation in the new year.


Action The Clerk to arrange an early meeting with TDBC (AR) to agree the scope of consultation and to learn of her views on the CSM draft NH Plan.


IW highlighted the need to press for what Villagers want and the value of maps/diagrams/drawings to demonstrate the requirement as this removes opportunity for misunderstandings and misinterpretations to occur.


SC explained that following the PC’s consultation the comments emerging will need to be considered and amendments made before the draft plan is submitted to TDBC for the formal (section 15 consultation) which they undertake. The following steps after that are to either appt a Public Inspector/Examiner who will decide whether to hold to consider comments themselves or to hold a public hearing and then there will be a public referendum. If approved then the plan becomes statutory and TDBC has to take account of it when considering planning matters.


IW stated that we have reached a stage where we can argue that our plan in draft form should be given “material consideration” in the interim.


SC advised that he had drafted the three policies and would circulate them.


IW and PB highlighted the changes they had suggested. SWH stated that there was a SSSI close to his house not included and offered to provide more details following the meeting and that he was concerned that the deer routes between the Quantocks and the Levels were being cut off. GL suggested that any trees used for noise abatement should be non deciduous and not leylandi.

Action. SWH to provide written details of the SSSI in the field close to Charlton Farmhouse.


A decision was then taken that the draft plan with amendments are to proceed to TDBC. The draft plan will also be circulated to PCllrs and Panel Members showing amendments as tracked changes in order to provide a further opportunity for comment and for changes to be agreed.


17/186. Rec Park. IW suggested that some “keep out” or “no entry” signs be erected until the former model railway site is levelled. This was agreed.

Action. SH to purchase and install signage at the Rec Park.

The meeting was closed at 8.30pm.


Future Meetings;

The next scheduled Parish Council meeting will be held at 7pm on Monday 6th November (defib demo from 6.30pm).

The CSM Neighbourhood Plan Panel will meet on 16th November at 6.30pm

All meetings held in the Lower Cttee Room, CSM Village Hall.

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net