/ Parish Council / Minutes / 3rd April 2017



 

 CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC held at 7pm on Monday 3rd April 2017

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

Present; S Hutchings (Chair), D Knight, G Lucas, K Reed and I Wright (Parish Councillors). Steve Altria (Clerk). TDBCllr D Durdan, SCClr D Fothergill, Two members of the public attended.   

 

17/65. Chairs Welcome. As SH had advised he would be arriving a little late and the Vice Chair was away PCllrs agreed that DK would Chair the meeting until his arrival (from item 17/72). DK began by welcoming all.

 

17/66. Public Speaking.  No Parishioner asked to address the PC.

 

17/67. Apologies.  Parish Councillors S Greenhalgh (Vice Chair), C Sampson and S Harris had sent their apologies and their reasons were accepted. PCllr Y Guest was absent. DD gave apologies on behalf of TDBCllr K Durdan.

 

17/68. Declarations of Interest. Declarations of Individual Members. No PCllr declared an interest.

 

17/69. Police. The Police despite being invited were not able to be present and no report was provided.

 

17/70. TDBCllr R Habgood Portfolio Holder Planning Policy and Transportation. Despite being invited RH did not attend and no apology was provided.  

 

17/71. Vacancies on the Parish Council. The Clerk advised that nominations for the two Vacancies on the PC are due to in to the returning officer at TDBC the following day (Thursday 4pm 4th April). If an election is required it would be held alongside the SCC elections in May. Adrian Birch advised he had spoken to the returning officers office and had been advised that there is only one vacancy. The Clerk responded by saying he had informed her that there were two vacancies but that he would speak to her to ensure she was aware that there are two.

Action. The Clerk to reconfirm with the TDBC returning officer that there are two vacancies on CSM PC.

 

17/72.  County Councillors Report.

DD advised that;

 

(1) Defibulator’s. An event had been held by TDBC encouraging greater availability of community / public use defibrillators (known as a community publically accessible defibrillator (cPAD)). Martin Fagan of the Community Heartbeat Trust (CHT) lead the session. TDBC has created a grant programme to support rural councils and groups who wish to invest in a cPAD which will be administered by the Somerset Community Foundation (SCF).  The Community Council for Somerset were also present as their able to offer support and advice on a cPAD project. DD extolled the value of defib’s and in particular their being linked to the ambulance service.

 

The Clerk advised that the PC had put in its new years budget to install two defibs in the BT telephone boxes in St Michaels Road and at Ham once the application submitted to Adopt the boxes has completed.  A new defib had been purchased last year for CSM and this would be relocated with support of PIP funding and in Ham it was hoped that along with community support and contributions a new defib and case would be purchased and installed. DK advised he had attended the TDBC event and along with the Clerk he would grant bid to SCF for funding towards the Ham defib, their cases and installation costs. Action. DK and the Clerk to submit a bid to SCF for a grant towards the costs of defib’s.

 

KR enquired whether Ham had a field nominated for use by the air ambulance in an emergency. DK advised he didn’t think so but thought it a good idea, particularly as the road gets cut off by flooding.

Action. DK to ask the Ambulance Service in Exeter if they had a field designated for their use in Ham.

 

(2) Broadband. DD advised that Ham will benefit under phase 2 of the Connecting Devon and Somerset programme.

Contractors Gigaclear had been contracted to deliver an ultra fast pure fibre network that can bring speeds upto 1000Mbps. Their deployment schedule will be confirmed in June 2017.

 

(3) SW lottery.  Local Good Causes are invited to come and find out about an opportunity to create a new income stream and the potential to apply to a new Local Community Fund at the Somerset West Lottery Launch for Taunton Deane and West Somerset Local Good Causes on Tuesday 16th May 2017 at West Somerset House, Killick Way, Williton, TA4 4QA 9:30am - 11:30am or Albemarle Centre, Taunton, TA1 1BA 6:30pm - 8:30pm

 

(4) Somerset Levels and Moors Leader Funding. Over £1m is available normally in grants of £2,500 to £35,000 to fund upto 40% eligible costs for micro and small enterprises (incl start-ups) aims to grow the rural economies of the area. To access contact Laura Jensen 01823 357105.

 

DF advised that;

 

(5) A358 Highways England have announced their plans for consultation on duelling of the road. A number of consultations events are being held across the area including those at the Holiday Inn Deane Gate Ave Taunton on Monday 10th April Noon to 8pm and 8th May 10am to 5pm.

 

(6) Hyde Lane Crossing. Plans are expected to be available on 26th May.

 

(7) Road Closure in Ham. Expected to be for one day 23rd April to enable two telegraph poles to be replaced.

 

(8) Sweeting Close. Linden Homes have yet to complete the agreed vehicle restraint system and until they do remain responsible for the road and it remains unadopted.

 

(9) Bus Shelters, Adsborough. SCC Highways have been out to see the shelter and their engineers report is now awaited. SH advised that the end lower panels had been removed in the meantime.

 

(10) Lipe Lane. Lipe Lane had been referred to Somerset Rivers Authority to see if it can be made more resilient to flooding

 

(11) Canal Bridge, St Michaels Rd. A meeting was held but a problem wasn’t found. The Rivers and Canal Trust have agreed to do some tidying up, however the wisteria is a part of the listed bridge structure.

 

(12) County Council Election. The deadline for registering to be able to vote is 13th April 2017.

Action. Clerk to update village web and facebook sites.

 

(13) Charlton Manor. SCC Highways have been asked to take a look but their report has not yet been received.

 

DF added his best wishes to the PC as this was the last meeting before the election and he did not know if he would be re-elected though he hoped so.

 

17/73. Minutes of the 6th March Mtg. (These had been previously circulated to Cllrs). The minutes of the meeting were agreed without any amendments being made. These were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.

 

17/74. Matters arising from the minutes of the 6th March Mtg. The Clerk reported;

16/221. Flooding Sign.  The Clerk advised he had yet to get a reply in response to the funding request he had submitted to finance a “flip over” flood warning sign on the road from Ham to North Curry (similar to that which already existed in the opposite direction) SCC Highways had previously advised that they had no budget for such signing and had suggested that a grant application for funding be made to CRISP (Community Resilience in Somerset).

 

16/58.  Over grown vegetation on TDBC owned Land in front of 2-32 Crufts Meadow. The Clerk advised that following TDBC confirming that it does own the enclosed land adjacent to the canal he and TDBCllr K Durdan had been chasing TDBC officers to get the vegetation cut. A reassurance that the site would be cut next week (wb 10th) had now been given.  

 

16/194 (4) Planning Enforcement. The Clerk advised he had reported the two premises which appear to be occupied without having planning permission; one at the bottom of Charlton Lane and the other a caravan alongside the A361but had yet to have any feedback from TDBC enforcement officers.

 

17/55 (3) Strategic Employment Site, Henlade. The Clerk had reported that he had replied to TDBC on their proposals to develop a SES at Henlade by way of issuing a Loc Dev Order. The Clerk had highlighted that the plans did not include proposals for a scheme of local road safety works, the need to have the Creech Castle and J25 improvements completed prior to commencement of the SES build, the conflict this decision would have with proposed employment land at Walford and West Monkton (which is likely to lead to housing being built instead) and that the proposed footbridge should be essential not optional.

 

17/57.(1) Recreation Park. The damage to the toilet by vandals had been repaired by the Chair and the Caretaker.

 

17/59 (1). St Michaels Rd and Bull Street.  The Clerk advised that he had though he had asked for the white lining ahead of the 2nd river bridge and the pinch points to be redone as they had faded and he had reported that the surface adjacent to the ironwork in the road at the junction he had yet to hear back from SCC Highways.

 

17/59 (4) Hollingsworth Estate Speed Calming. The Clerk advised he had made enquiries of SCC Highways as the speed calming that forms part of the planning permission had yet to be installed. At the time he had been advised that the scheme is currently under review and that no further information was available but he hadn’t had an update since.

 

17/75. Planning. (1) Planning Applications received. The following applications were considered;

Date

Ref

Application

Decision

8/3/2017

14/17/0006

Three Acres, Adsborough Lane, Adsborough; erection of single storey extension to rear.

To support.

(2) Withdrawal of Planning application. It was noted that the application 14/17/0003/LB to install a satellite

dish to the east elevation of Old Ham Wharf Farm, White Street, Ham, CSM had been withdrawn.

(3) Neighbourhood Plan. (See the minutes of the CSM NH Plan Panel meetings of the 9, 14th and 30th March).

KR advised that the new members had joined the panel and had made a valuable contribution participating in three meetings held this month to ensuring that the responses from the various consultation results were accurately represented. These would be tested at the Annual Parish Meeting when it was planned to give feedback. The purchase of a banner for use by the panel was agreed. The consultations at the Secondary School have been completed (results circulated separately). KR advised that the overall priority under the youth phase was the need for an open access youth club for the teenagers. The Chair and Clerk are to attend the Garden City Status Conference on the 6th April at the Taunton Rugby Club.

Action. It was agreed the Clerk request costing’s from Somerset Rural Youth Project to the running of a youth club one night a week on a tiered basis (e.g. with younger members early and older ones later) and to make enquiries about using the Children Centre as a venue.

 

17/76 Finance.

(1)  Accounts authorised for Payment. The Clerks and Caretakers Wages, HMRC and SCC Pension Fund payments, the Clerks March Expense’s £369.50  and other invoices received were authorised ; Bibby Factors Ltd Security (Rec Park 3d Security 27-2-17 to 26.3.17) £216.00, Nigel’s Window Cleaning (5 Bus Shelters 15 3 17) £75, C Sampson (Reimb for PIP17 deposit for slime making shows)£155.00, 1610 (PIP17 deposit for climbing wall )£100.00, WYG (NH Plan consultancy) £6,907.14, TDBC (Dogbin emptying 16-17) £345.70.

(2) Monies Received and banked since the last meeting; PIP17 Stall and Food Vendors Fee £520.00, Tone

Youth (Feb Pitch Fees) £80.00 and TME (Use of Rec Park April to Sept 2017) £550.00.                                                 

(3) Cheques drawn since last meeting; A payment to B Gas Electricity at Pavilion 7-2-17 to 6-3-17 £107.73 (as previously agreed) has been made.

(4) Authorisation to make payments before the next meeting. A payment to B Gas (Electricity at Pavilion 6-3-17 to 7-4-17) was agreed.

 (5) PC Bankers.  As a result of the HSBC and Nat West’s decision to close its Wellington Branch the PC decided to move it’s current account to Lloyds (Wellington).

 (6) Appointment of Internal Auditor. B Howe of Minehead was appointed as Internal Auditor.

 (7) Final Year End A/cs. The final accounts for the year 2016-2017, bank reconciliation and asset listing had been circulated previously and were reviewed in detail. The total income for the year was £122,635.68 and the Expenditure £108,688.02. The Balance in the Bank is £93,453.19 (uncommitted £19,820) at 31.3.17. These were agreed and signed by the Chair. 

(8) Annual  Governance Statement. The PC then reviewed and confirmed it has undertaken each responsibility during the year and signed by the Chair.

(9) Accounting Statements . The Accounting Statements for the year were reviewed, agreed and signed by the Chair.

 

17/77. Recreation Park. (1)  Update report. The Caretaker had reported damaged springs on the cableways however  these are now out of warranty so the supplier will provide (along with instructions) but won’t fit. A work party will be needed to retension once there received. The footballers had misplaced a set of keys. It was agreed that the locks be replaced and new keys obtained to be at their cost. (2) Development. SH reported on the preplanning advice that had been given on the three sites. Planners were supportive of the adjacent field being used for recreation/as an extension to the park. They prefer retention of the copse for wildlife but could be used sensitively. Were not keen on the land opposite being used as this would require crossing the road but discussion took place on retaining the site agriculturally and using on a limited number of days at peak use times. Action. Clerk to enquire of SCC Highways their views and SH to ask about ownership of site opposite. Also Clerk to try and establish costs for planning and CPO costs on adjacent field.

 

17/78. Party in the Park 8th July 2017.

DK advised that the next meeting of the working party is 8th March. 2 Bands have been booked and preparations are on plan. The paperwork is underway. DK advised he would be progressing the purchase of a table and seating from proceeds, this will be accessible.

 

17/79. Highways.  See items 17/72 and 17/74 above.

 

17/80. Footpaths.  (1) Fred A’ Court, the Vol Parish Footpath Officer had provided another detailed report of issues he and his asst Diana Eubank Scott had indentified and reported to SCC ROW which the Clerk had circulated prior to the meeting to PCllrs. A discussion took place on the ownership of the information board on the canal and it was believed to be have been installed by SCC. Action. SH to look at the sign and see what work needs to be done.

 

17/81. Annual Parish Meeting. To be held 21st April 2017 at 7pm for 7.30pm Village Hall. The Clerk updated the PC on responses to invitations. SG had arranged for some stalls to browse before the event. The key session will be the NH Plan Panel feeding  back and review of the results of their various consultations  of the Community and its groups. The Banners had been updated free by K Signs and sited at Rec Park and at Adrian Birch’s woodland.

Action. The Clerk to email posters, agenda and invites.

 

17/82. Dog Bins. The Clerk had circulated a map to PCllrs so the preferred siting of two new dogbins provided in the budget could be agreed. It was agreed to site outside the Park (by small carpark entrance) and at the end of Worthy Lane (by telephone box). Action. Clerk to ask SCC Highways for permission to install.

 

17/83. Correspondence. None raised.

 

17/84. New Matters to be carried forward. Wessex Water to be invited depending on their report at the APM.

 

17/85. The Council decided to exclude Public and Press from this point on the grounds that personal information is to be discussed. 

 

 

The meeting was closed at 9.15pm.

 

Future Meetings;

The CSM Neighbourhood Plan Panel will meet on 11th April and 2nd May all at 6.30pm

The next Parish Council meetings will be held at 7pm on Monday 8th May 2017 (AGM) and June 5th.

The Annual Parish Meeting (APM*) will be held on Friday 21st April 7pm for 7.30pm.

All in the Lower Cttee Room, CSM Village Hall with the exception of the APM* meeting which will be in the Main Hall.            

 

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net