/ Parish Council / Minutes / 6th February 2017



 CREECH ST MICHAEL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC held at 7pm on Monday 6th February 2017

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

Present; S Hutchings (Chair), S Greenhalgh (Vice Chair), L Gates, Y Guest, S W Harris, D Knight, G Lucas, K Reed,

C Sampson and I Wright (Parish Councillors). Steve Altria (Clerk). SCClr D Fothergill, Six members of the public attended.   

 

17/23. Chairs Welcome. SH began by welcoming all. He advised that PCllr Ken Hunt had resigned.SH thanked KH for his service to the PC and Parish over two periods of Office including as Chairman. Other PCllrs paid tribute.

Action. The Clerk to write to KH formally expressing the PC thanks.

 

17/24. Public Speaking.  No resident wished to address the PC.

 

17/25. Apologies. TDBCllrs D Durdan and K Durdan sent their apologies as TDBC Full Council is on the same evening.

 

17/26. Declarations of Interest. Declarations of Individual Members. No PCllr declared an interest.

 

17/27. Police. The Police despite being invited and confirming their intention to attend were not able to be present and no report was provided. Action. The Clerk to invite the Police to a future meeting.

 

17/28. Ham STW Access Track. Adam Lynch, Project Manager, Wessex Water attended and provided an update on their project. Approval to issue a Compulsory Purchase Order was granted 3.1.17 and this will be served in the next few weeks. AL confirmed that it is still WW intention to start on the track build in the spring. The S278 agreement with Highways is being negotiated and only one matter remains to be agreed. One Right of Way will need to be closed during build. AL advised that WW did understand the residents concerns along Ham Road and that in order to try to minimise these the Traffic Management Plan will remain in place and attempts made to minimise movements taken. One enhancement work will need to commence in order to ensure effluent improvements requirements are achieved. AL accepted WW are behind where they wanted to be and apologised. DF stated the road had first been promised 8 years ago .SG advised AL it had taken too long to negotiate the land purchase with the 3 farmers. WW agreed to offer the neighbours another residents meeting if they want one and to attend and update the CSM APM on 21st April.

 

17/29.  County Councillors Report.

DF ;

(1) Thanked Ken Hunt for his support.

(2) Praised the recent Fish and Chip supper event held for senior citizens saying he thought it was an excellent event.

 (3) The SCC Budget Gap is currently being worked on and has reduced from a £24m shortfall to £7.4m and the authority are now working hard to reduce this further. SCC will increase its precept by 1.99% with a further 2% to fund adult social care.  

(4). Advised he had spoken to the developers in order to ensure the School Carpark in Hopkins Field is provided before they leave site. GL highlighted that a lot of the streetlight lamps are within the leaf canopies of the adjacent trees.

 

17/30. Minutes of the 9th January Mtg. (These had been previously circulated to Cllrs). The minutes of the public part of the meeting were agreed without any amendments being made. These were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.

 

17/31. Matters arising from the minutes of the 9th January Mtg. The Clerk reported;

17/5 (4) The A38 Adsborough Highway Improvements.  The Clerk advised the two Bus Shelters the PC have purchased are due to be installed during the next week and that he has asked the Insurers to add them to the PC’s Policy (17/13 (2)).

 

16/213. Police report. The Clerk advised that he had looked again at the website https://www.police.uk/ which gives details of crimes reported in the area but it had not yet been updated beyond the Nov data he had reported at the previous meeting.

 

16/214. Hyde Lane Flooding. The Clerk reported he had spoken further with SCC Highways as requested and that they are confident that the action they took will now ensure the road beyond the Hyde Lane Cottages will not flood.

 

16/221. Flooding Sign.  The Clerk confirmed that he had requested a “flip over” flood warning sign on the road from Ham to North Curry similar to that which already existed in the opposite direction but had been advised that there was no funds available to provide one.

Action. The Clerk to look at a grant application for funding.

 

16/58.  Over grown vegetation on TDBC owned Land in front of 2-32 Crufts Meadow. The Clerk advised that following TDBC confirming that it does own the enclosed land adjacent to the canal he had chased TDBC officers again and is awaiting a reply as the Risk Assessment and Method statement he had previously been advised was being prepared in advance of undertaking the works should have been completed now.

Action. The Clerk to follow up with TDBC.

 

16/194 (4) Planning Enforcement. The Clerk advised he had reported the two premises which appear to be occupied without having planning permission; one at the bottom of Charlton Lane and the other a caravan alongside the A361.

 

16/196 (1) Rec Park Fencing. SH reported that he had commenced fencing repairs to the Rec Park.

 

17/11 (3) Septic Tank Emptying. The Clerk reported he had instructed Oneline Survey to empty the Rec Park Septic tank in accordance with the decision taken to use them at the last meeting and the Councils policy of termly emptying.  

 

17/13 (1) West View and North End junction. The Clerk advised he had reported to SCC Highways that the road was breaking up.

 

17/15 Annual Parish Meeting Friday 21st April 2017.  The Clerk explained he had sending the invitations in hand.

 

17/16 (1) Telephone Boxes. Following the PC decision to adopt 3 redundant telephone boxes and its decision review following receipt of Pauline Hallett’s letter the Clerk confirmed he had written to her advising of the decision to continue with retaining the telephone box at Creech Heathfield.

 

17/16. (2) Charlton Manor. The Clerk advised he had referred to the listed building officer the electric gates and works to the garden at Charlton Manor and asked if this had been given permission.

 

17/32. Planning. (1) Planning Applications received. The following applications were considered;

Date

Ref

Application

Decision

6/1/17

14/16/0050

Greenacres, Charlton Road, Creech Heathfield Repl Bdg for use as a double garage and storage.

To support.

23/1/17

14/16/0052

Barnoaks Worthy Lane, CSM, Demolition of garage and erection of 1 No Bungalow with associated works in the garden to the rear of.

To object as site lies outside the reconised limits of a designated settlement in open countryside and TD Core Strategy Policies CP1,CP8, SP1, SP4, DM1, DM2 and the newly adopted SA&DM Plan PolicySB1 The PC also noted parking is inadequate.

6/1//17

14/17/0002/HHN

1 Crown Lane, Creech Heathfield. Erection of a single floor extension to the rear.

To support.

17/1/17

14/17/0004/CR

Greenacres, Charlton Road, Creech Heathfield, Prior approval for change of use of Dutch Barn

To support though a concern about possible traffic movements on this rural road was raised.

(2) Amaryllis Cottage, Adsborough 14/16/0029. The PC noted the withdrawal of the application to change of use and conversion of de-consecrated chapel to holiday let accommodation on 12.1. 2017.

 

(3) CSM Neighbourhood Plan.  (See the minutes of the CSM Panel meeting of the 24th January). The PC received an update on progress and next steps, including the results of the Parish Household Survey, the Parish Employers

Survey, the APM16 consultation and the points emerging from the meeting with West Monkton Parish NH Plan Panel.

 

The PC also agreed the project time line, the work programme and fees for its consultants WYG as well as the Plans Vision, method and objectives statement and formally agreed the ground work grant would be allocated to the plan budget. It was noted that the time line requires time limited responses to draft documents and that there are plans to augment the panels membership.

 

An Informal consultation event for youth aged 11-18 is being held on Monday 13th 2-4pm in the Village Hall and arrangements were discussed and agreed. A meeting with Ruishton and Thornfalcon NH Panel will take place the same day.

 

17/33. Accounts.

(1) Payments approved; Clerks and Caretakers Wages, HMRC and SCC Pension Fund payments, the Clerks Jan Expense’s £119.71, Bibby Factors Ltd Security (Rec Park 3d Security 1.2.17) £216.00, Bristol Wessex Billing Ltd (Water 21.7-16-10-1.17) £11.71, Community Council for Somerset (Membership 2017-2018 £40.00, NH Plan Parish Survey £6,954.09 and NH Plan Parish Survey printing £90.00) total £7084.09,  A Birch (PIP Senior Citizens lunch-dinners, bingo prizes reimb £556.78), S Greenhalgh (PIP Senior Citizens lunch-food reimb)£31.76, D Knight (PIP Senior Citizens lunch-cakes reimb)  £13.60, K Hutchings (Fencing Posts, seed, sand and cleaning mats for Rec Park reimb) £137.55, Layz ricks chips* (Sausage n chips for NH Plan youth event (50YP) £150.00 and (70YP) £210.00 *only one cheque to be issued depending on number of youth attending event-the other will be cancelled.

(2) Monies Received and banked since the last meeting; Tone Youth (Jan Pitch Fees) £120.00.

(3) Cheques drawn since last meeting; A payment to B Gas Electricity at Pavilion 7-12-16 to 6-1-17 £110.36 (as previously agreed).

(4) Authorisation to make payments before the next meeting. B Gas (Electricity at Pavilion 6-1-17 to 7-2-17)

(5) Invoice received, queried and not paid. TDBC DLO grass cutting £2,749.01 as believed to be previously paid.    

(6) Accounts 2016-17. Reconciliation for the period 1.4.16 to 31.12 16 (circulated separately). The Clerk had circulated a bank reconciliation report for the three quarter period 1/4/16 to 31/12/16 prior to the meeting. The Council’s receipts for the period 1st April 2016 to 31st December 2016 are £121,266.79 and the expenditure for the same period £80,901.48.  A detailed explanation of the figures was given, including a detailed examination of the Councils provisions, bank balances and expenditure to date. The report was accepted and then signed by the Chairperson as an accurate record.

(7) Ext Auditor. Following the Govt’s decision to close the audit commission the PC has to put in place arrangements

to have a new external auditor. The PC having chosen to participate in the contractual arrangements being put in place by the Smaller Authorities' Audit Appointments Limited were advised that the PC’s external auditor for the year beginning 1st April 2017 is to be PKF Littlejohn LLP. It was noted Grant Thornton remain as Auditor for the 2016-17 year.

 

 

 

 

17/34. Recreation Park.

(1) Update report. SH reported that he had commenced fencing repairs to the Rec Park and that sand had been spread in the goal areas. YG advised that the football games the previous weekend had been cancelled due to weather and poor ground conditions.

(2) TME. A request to hold a Miniature Steam Gala on Sunday June 25 2017 was considered and agreed. It was noted that this is to be on a smaller scale than the previous (70th Ann of TME) event.

(3) Development.  The Clerk advised he had made further enquiries of the solicitors acting for the owners of the Copse at the rear of the Park who had responded stating the matter was yet determined and they were waiting on a meeting with their clients.  The Clerk also explained that he had obtained SALC advice on the Councils ability to meet the fees of adjacent landowner and having confirmed that this was permissible had written as requested to her agreeing to meet professional fees subject to a maximum fee of £700 which is to be recovered from any sale fee obtained and the PC is to have a copy of the advice given. He explained he is now waiting on the owner or her agents reply. SH advised he had asked TDBC Planners how much they would charge for preapplication advice in order to apply to Planners for permission for the field to be formally used for recreation and awaited their advices.

Action. The Clerk and Chairman to follow up with adjacent field owner agents and planners.

 

17/35. Party in the Park 8th July 2017.

CS advised that a complimentary Fish and Chip lunch with prize bingo for the Parish’s Senior Citizens took place on 27th Jan and had been very well received. The next PIP working party meeting is to be held on 9th February to start the planning for PIP17 and a budget would now be presented to the PC at the next meeting. SG suggested and it was agreed that this year Premises and Personal licenses be acquired by two of the working party in preference to a temporary event  as this has a number of advantages; including enabling more tickets to be sold. It was agreed to pay for two individuals to be trained at a cost of upto £500 (from the PIP budget). 

 

17/36. Highways.

(1) Defects reported. GL asked DF if he could have the pavement between the Vet and Hyde Lane Bus Shelter relaid. DF advised he could ask for an inspection to take place. The Clerk highlighted that the damaged panel in the Bus Shelter had been mysteriously replaced and that he did not know who to thank! It was noted a glazer had repaired it but no one knew who had instructed them. KR advised that there was a pothole in Dillions Road and that the vegetation by the phone box had become overgrown once again. A discussion took place on the trees growing from the Canal Bridge again in St Michaels Road and the danger that posed to pedestrians and DF offered to see what could be done to encourage the Rivers and Canal Trust to remove them. SG reported flytipping at Langaller where 3 bin bags of wallpapers had been dumped illegally.

Action. The Clerk to report to SCC and TDBC the various defects raised and DF to arrange an inspection of the top end of Hyde Lanes pavement and to request the removal of trees from the Canal Bridge.

 

17/37. Footpaths

Fred A’ Court, the Vol Parish Footpath Officer had provided another detailed report of issues he had indentified and reported to SCC ROW which the Clerk had circulated prior to the meeting to PCllrs.

 

17/38. Proposal to create a single council covering Taunton Deane and West Somerset. A consultation on merging the two Councils is being undertaken by TDBC until 28th February. A discussion took place in which it was acknowledged that WSDC has a problem as it was set up too small and whilst it was evident that in 10years time that Hinkley C would generate significant income merging with TDBC was not seen as the solution.  The discussion also identified that CSM would be diluted within a larger Council, that the consultation was limited (all the options are not being considered), there was concern over expenditure being incurred to achieve the merger,  that savings suggested could be achieved regardless and that the consultation should have been earlier in the process. CSM PC voted to not support the Merger.  Action. The Clerk to write to Sec of State (DCLG) explaining the Council’s decision and reasons.

 

17/39. Correspondence. The Chair advised he had been invited to attend a meeting to be held on 14th February with the MP to discuss concerns over infrastructure and asked PCllrs to let him have any comments prior to the meeting.  

 

17/40. New Matters to be carried forward. TDBC Cllr Roger Habgood (Portfolio Holder) has been invited to talk about the naming of the urban extension. A request would also be made of the Police to attend.

 

17/41. The Council decided to exclude Public and Press from this point on the grounds that prejudicial information is to be discussed. 

 

The meeting was closed at 9.05pm.

 

Future Meetings;

The CSM Neighbourhood Plan Panel will meet on Tuesday* 14th February 6.30 pm and 28th February 6.30pm

The next Parish Council meetings will be held at 7pm on Monday 6th March 2017 and on Monday 3rd April 2017.

All in the Lower Cttee Room, CSM Village Hall with the exception of * meeting which will be in the Upper Cttee Room..

 

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net