/ Parish Council / Agendas Archive / 14th September 2015


A G E N D A for the Meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council to be held at 7.00pm

on Monday, 14th September 2015 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael.

(The Public and Press are entitled to attend.  There will be an opportunity for the Public to speak before the meeting.

The Public and Press are asked to note that part of the item 13 below is expected to be closed.  There will be an opportunity for the Public and Press to rejoin the meeting following that item.)


1.   Chair’s welcome.


2.   To receive any apologies for absence.


3.   Declarations of Interests. Declarations of Individual Members.


4.   Stuart Lewis, Programme Manager - Treatment 1 of Wessex Engineering & Construction Services to

      update on Wessex Waters progress to complete the relief road and works at the Ham Works.


5.   To receive County & District Councillors’ Reports.


6.   Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd August 2015.


7.   Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd August 2015.


8.   Parish Council Planning. 8.1 Parish Council Priorities.  Individual PCllrs to make suggestions/share aims for

      the future and for the PC to then agree the goals to be taken forward.

      8.2 Applications received: Panel to report on applications received;









9.   Individual Parish Councillors responsibilities. To agree panels (a) Planning, (b) Highways and footpaths,

      (c) Publicity and Communications   Including Parish magazine, (d) Recreation field/Think tank/Special event,

      (e) Contracts and Procurement, (f) website, (g) Fly tipping, (h) Wessex Water/Flooding/Environment Agency

      (i) Merlins Copse, (j) Personnel Panel, (k) Complaints and Grievances, (l) Appeals Panel, (m) Disciplinary Appeals

      Panel, (n) Asset Management, (o) Health and Safety, (p) Planning Compliance, (r) Internal Audit/Financial scrutiny,

      (s) Parish/Neighbourhood Plan, (t) Large Development liaison, (u) Village Hall, (v) United Charities, (w) Twinning



10. Accounts: 10.1 To approve payment of the Clerks and Caretakers Wages, HMRC (Tax Due on Salaries),

       the Clerks August Expense’s , Bibby Financial Services (Factors for 3d Security at Rec Park 1-8-15 to 28-8-15)

       £276.00, John Miller (Allotment field rent 15-16) £500, Nigel’s Windows (Bus Shelters 20 8 15) Cleaning £45.00

       10.2 Payments made since last meeting.  Bibby Financial Services (Factors for 3d Security at Rec Park 1-7-15 to

       27-7-15) £270.00 and B Gas Electricity at Pavilion 7-7- 15 to 7-8-15 £64.14.

       10.3 Monies Received and banked since the last meeting; Wellington Bouncy Castles (PIP15 rebate)

       £230.00 and Phoenix Allstars (Pitch Fees August)£120.00. 10.4 Authorisation to make payment before the

       next meeting. B Gas Electricity at Pavilion 7-8-15 to 7-9-15. 10.5 Accounts. Reconciliation and report attached

       for the 1st Qtr. The Council’s receipts for the period 1st April 2015 to 30th June 2015 are £4,486.59 and the

       expenditure for the same period is £24,867.22. 10.6 Ext Audit. Letter previously circulated from the Ext Auditor

       Grant Thornton.  10.7 Financial Controls. To review (attached). 10.8 Risk Assessment of Assets. To consider

       and agree the approach to the annual Risk Assessment of the Councils Assets.    


11. Recreation Park (YG,SH,KR,CS) 11.1 Update report 11.2 Development To report progress on plans and to

      determine next steps.


12. Merlyn’s Copse. Update on Sale.


13. Highways. (DF, GL,GH) 13.1 North End Virtual Footway project. Update. 13. 2 Hyde Lane. Impact of

      Development sites, condition of road and verges and provision of footway 13.3 A38 Adsborough. Update.     

      13.4 20mph zone.  To consider SCC response to designate the entire village as a 20 mph zone.

      13.5 Access from WMonkton relief road. To consider SCC response to designate the entire village as a 20 mph

      zone.13.6 Extend 30mph from motorway bridge out to Hyde lane cottages (no reply from traffic man)

      13.7 Improvement Scheme crossing in Hyde Lane.  13.7 Defects. To be reported (GH, GL).            


   14. Footpaths and Rights of Way (GL). Defects to be reported.


15. Transport. (GL). To update the PC on the Bus Service in CSM.


16. Asset of Community Value: The Bell Inn. The Clerk to report on changes made, TDBC advices and to possibly

      seek PC agreement to a further ACV application for adj land.


17. Maintenance. To consider the maintenance of the Noticeboards at Ham, St Michaels Rd (garage) and Charlton

      Road, Creech Heathfield (as all need washing and restaining), the Bus Shelter at Adsborough (the seat needed

      repainting) and also to take a view on how bad the badly scratched Perspex be allowed to get before it is replaced in

      the Bus Shelters at Adsborough and CSM Sycamore.


18. Correspondence. To consider any correspondence received that Cllrs wish to raise.


19. New Matters to be carried forward.




     Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net


     Future Meetings;



     The next scheduled meetings of the Parish Council are to be held on Monday 5th October and 5th November 2015 in

     the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael, commencing at 7pm.