/ Parish Council / Agendas / 4th December 2017


A G E N D A for the Meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council to be held at 7.00pm

on Monday, 4th December 2017 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael.

(The Public and Press are entitled to attend. There will be an opportunity for the Public to speak before the meeting).

1. Chair’s welcome.

2. To receive any apologies for absence.

3. Declarations of Interests. 3.1 Declarations of Individual Members. 3.2 Dispensation Request. To consider

the request made to enable all Councillors to take part in the discussion on the precept (see 8.4 below).

4. To receive County and District Councillors’ Reports.

5. Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 6th November 2017.

6. Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 6th November 2017.

7. Planning. 7.1 Planning Applications received. To consider the following application received;






Wortheys Farm, Worthy Lane, Creech St Michael. Application for a prior notification for the replacement of extension of an agricultural building for the storage of feed and machinery.



Coalharbour House, White Street, Ham, Creech St Michael. Various internal alterations.



Hillview Barn, Adsborough. Erection of an agricultural bdg with installation of solar pv panels.



Charlton House Farm, Charlton Road, Creech Heathfield. Conversion of workshop outbuilding to ancillary accommodation



Unit 20 Creech Mill CSM. Erection of an extension to existing Unit.

7.2 App 48/17/0043 Land adjacent to the A38 off Hardy’s Road, Monkton Heathfield; Erection of 4 No

commercial buildings for Class B1/B8 usage, with amenities. The Clerk to report that he has registered a concern with

Planners about the impact of additional traffic this application in West Monkton will have within CSM.

7.3 App 14/17/0020 Walford Cross. Erection of 11 No. light industrial units (2 No. buildings) for Class B1/B8 usage.

The Clerk to report that in response to the additional professional representations the applicant has made to TDBC

he has restated the PC views, highlighted the concern over road safety and in response to the applicants agents

suggestion that SCC reline the Walford Cross to make it safer suggested that if so it should be funded by the applicant.

This will now be heard by TDBC Planners on 6th Dec.SCC Highways conditional support as traffic is less now than in 2006.

7.4 App 14/17/0020 Development off Langaller Road of 200 houses by Gladman’s. To consider representation to

be made to Planning Committee and to consider a request to ask Persimmon to write a letter against the development .

7.5. Planning- CSM. Neighbourhood Plan. To update the PC (Please see latest CSM NH Panel meeting draft mins

16th Nov)and to agree mapping.

8. Finance - (see the latest CSM Finance Sub Cttee meeting draft minutes 24th Oct).

8.1 To approve payment of the Clerks and Caretakers Wages, HMRC and SCC Pension Fund payments,

the Clerks November Expense’s and other invoices received; Bibby Factors Ltd Security (Rec Park 3d Security 26.10.17-

26.11.17), WYG (NH Plan Consultancy. CSM Village Hall (Hire of VHall July-Sept 17) £93.50, SLCC (2018 Membership

renewal) £147.00, ALCC (2017/8 Membership renewal) £50.00.

8.2 Monies Received and banked since the last meeting; SW Lottery (proceeds) £10.00, Creech Cougars

(Pitch Sept/Oct Fees) £120.00

8.3 Authority to make payments as accounts received. British Gas (Gas and Electricity supply).

8.4 Budget/Precept 2018/19. To discuss draft budget/precept (papers separately circulated).

9. Party in the Park 14th July 2018 (SG,CS,DK,YG,AB) To report on PIP18 and projects/grants.

10. Rec Park. (SG,CS,DK,YG) 10.1 To update 10.2 Pitch Rolling. To consider quotation

10.3 Safety Inspection Works.

11. Highways. 11.1 Defects to be reported. 11.2 Hollingsworth Park Estate speed calming. (PC/AB/Clerk)

To report on site meeting held on 14th November 3pm and to consider SCC response (separately circulated).

11.3 A358/A303 duelling. Clerk to update.

12. Footpaths/Rights Of Way. 12.1 Defects to be reported.

13. Open Access Youth Club (CS/KR/Clerk).To consider proposal from SRYP (circulated separately) and to consider


14. Annual Parish Meeting April 27th Friday 2018. PCllrs to consider format and speakers.

15. Policies . To consider adopting Equalities and H&S Policies and review Safeguarding Policy (circulated separately).

16. Creech St Michael Website. (SH) To review.


17. Correspondence. To consider any correspondence received that Cllrs wish to raise.

18. New Matters to be carried forward. Jan PC meeting; SCC to attend to outline their plans for works at Creech Castle

Junction and to agree Budget/Precept 2018/19.

Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net

Future Meetings;

The next scheduled PC meetings are on 8th Jan and 5th Feb at 7pm.

All meetings to be held in the Village Hall lower Cttee Room.