/ Parish Council / Agendas / 4th September 2017


A G E N D A for the Meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council to be held at 7.00pm

on Monday, 4th September 2017 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael.

(The Public and Press are entitled to attend.  There will be an opportunity for the Public to speak before the meeting).


1.  Chair’s welcome.


2.  To receive any apologies for absence.


3.  Declarations of Interests. Declarations of Individual Members.


4.  Stuart Lewis, Programme Manager (Treatment – External), Wessex Water - To update on

     the progress to build an access track to Ham STW and to explain amelioration works to minimise impact upon



5.  Sunita Mills, Service Commissioning Manager: Transport Policy, SCC to explain the merits of the M5 Junc 25 upgrade .


6.  To receive County and District Councillors’ Reports.


7.  Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd July 2017.


8   Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd July 2017.


7.  Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 7th August 2017.


8   Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 7th August 2017.


9.  Planning.9.1 Planning Applications received. To consider the following applications received;





14 17 0017LB

Charlton Manor Erection of log store to the rear, fountain to the front and lean-to to the south west of the house, erection of walls bordering tennis court, installation of railings to the carriage driveway, entrance gates and perimeter railings (retention of works already undertaken)


14 17 0018LB

Charlton Manor Erection of lean-to to the south west of the house and installation of railings to the carriage driveway, entrance gates and perimeter railings at Charlton Manor, Creech Heathfield (retention of works already undertaken).



14 17 0022

Variation of Condition No. 02 (approved plans) and No. 07 (visibility) of application 14/15/0027 on land east of Somersby Lodge, Langaller Lane, Creech St Michael

9.2 Planning Enforcement. To note that Planning officers are examing Planning Enforcement cases E 0014 14 17 Alleged unauthorised dev and caravans being used for permanent residential occupation on land at Charlton Lane CSM and Planning Enforcement E 0015 16 17 Unauthorised stationing of two occupied static caravans on land adjacent to the A361, Durston.

       9.3 CSM Neighbourhood Plan.  (See the draft minute of the CSM NH Panel meeting of the 20th July). To update on

       progress and next steps.


10.  Accounts: 10.1 To approve payment of the Clerks and Caretakers Wages, HMRC and SCC Pension Fund payments,

      the Clerks August Expense’s and other invoices received; Bibby Factors Ltd Security (Rec Park 3d Security 27.7.17-

      26.8.17), WYG (NH Plan Consultancy 18.6.17-19.8.17) £3,311.88, Kompan (play equip parts).

      10.2 Monies Received and banked since the last meeting; PIP17 takings of £6,380.94 and for PIP tickets Warren&

      Chedzoy £45.00.  

      10.3 Cheques drawn since last meeting; To report payments to One Line Survey (septic tank empty 7.7.17) £120,

      A Birch (Keys) £30, Nigel’s Windows Cleaning (5 Bus Shelter 20.7.2017) £75 , Bibby Factors (3d security in Park

      3.7.17-30.7.17) £204.00 and Water2Business (water supply to park 6.1.17-27.7.17) as previously agreed.

      10.4 Authority to make payments as accounts received. British Gas (Gas and Electricity supply) and Bibby

      Factors (3d security in Park 1.8.17- 30.8.17), Kompan (parts for damaged play equipment).

      10.5 Finance Sub Committee . To agree the Terms of Reference and constitution (see separate paper).

      10.6 Accounts. Reconciliation and report attached for the 1st Qtr. The Council’s receipts for the period 1st April 2017 to

      30th June 2017 is £ 63,461.44 and the expenditure for the same period is £26,774.83

      10.7 Financial Controls. To review (see attached document).

      10.8 Risk Assessment of Assets. To consider and agree the approach to the Annual Risk Assessment of Assets.

      10.9 Utilities. Clerk to update on invoicing for the gas and electricity supply.


11. Party in the Park 8th July 2017 (SG,CS,DK,YG) To report on.  


12. Rec Park. (SG,CS,DK,YG) 12.1 To update  to incl damage to equipment, Lining and rolling. 12.2 Safety Inspection

      Report. Update.


13. Highways. 13.1 Defects to be reported. 13.2 A358/A303 Highways England duelling project. HE have advised

       that further consultation will take place this autumn and that they are monitoring traffic at 34 sites at present.


14. Footpaths/Rights Of Way. 14.1 Defects to be reported. 


15. Correspondence. To consider any correspondence received that Cllrs wish to raise.


16. New Matters to be carried forward.


17. Council to decide to exclude Public and Press for this item. On the grounds of prejudicial information to be



      Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net


      Future Meetings;


     The next scheduled PC meetings are on 2nd Oct and 6th Nov at 7pm.   

     The next meeting date of the CSM Neighbourhood Plan panel is 5th October at 6.30pm

     All meetings to be held in the Village Hall lower Cttee Room.