/ Parish Council / Agendas / 5th November 2018


A G E N D A for the Meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council to be held at 7.00pm

on Monday, 5th November 2018 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael.

(The Public and Press are entitled to attend. There will be an opportunity for the Public to speak before the meeting).


1. Chair’s welcome.


2. To receive any apologies for absence.


3. Declarations of Interests. Declarations of Individual Members.


4. Adam Lynch, Project Manager, Wessex Water to attend in order to outline plans for further building and work at

the Ham STW and to respond to points raised by TDBCllr Dave Durdan regarding lorries not using new access track.


5. To receive County and District Councillors’ Reports.


6. Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 1st October 2018.


7. Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 1st October 2018.


8. Planning 8.1 Planning Applications received. To consider the following applications received;






Application to carry out management work to one cedar tree included in Taunton Deane Borough (CSM No 1) at 5 The Glebe, CSM (TD122)



Planning Application Erection of conservatory at rear of Fairview, Worthy Lane, CSM


14/18/0031/ AGN

Application for prior notification for the erection of an agricultural building for the storage of straw at Walford Farm, Walford Cross (Clerk’s Note - also involves partial demolition of aged barn)

8.2 Decision Taken. To note the planning decision taken under delegated powers;







Worthy’s Farm, Worthy's Lane, CSM Erection of two storey extension to side, detached three bay car port and creation of Access.

To support.

8.3 To reconfirm the existing (agreed see item 12/66) delegated powers; TDBC gives the PC 21 days to respond

to Planning Applications received. Normally this permits the PC to make decisions on the recommendation of the

Planning Panel. On occasions such as immediately after a meeting however the 21 days can’t be complied with. In such

cases to comply there are three options open to the Council; To call an additional meeting of the PC, to apply to TDBC

planners for an extension of the 21 day period and for the Council to agree or in the case of non-controversial

application’s (such as porches) that the decision can be delegated to the Clerk in consultation with the planning panel.

At present the planning panel make decisions on future non controversial applications in consultation with the Clerk

when they fall to be considered between meetings and that an extension to the time period be requested wherever


8.4 Planning Enforcement. TDBC have notified their examing a potential breech of a unauthorised position of a fence

and erection of metal buildings near Foxhole Cottage, Worthy Lane, CSM

8.5 CSM Neighbourhood Plan. To note that the draft plan is still with the Independent Examiner and her advices

have yet to be received. The Panels next mtg is on November 19th when further work on the draft Community Action

Plan (which sits alongside a Neighbourhood Plan and focus on non land based issues) is planned.


9. Finance –9.1 To approve payment of the Clerks and Caretakers Wages, HMRC and SCC Pension Fund payments,

the Clerks October Expense’s and other invoices received;

9.2 Monies Received and banked since the last meeting;

9.3 To note payments made since last meeting (as authorised at the meeting) .

9.4 Authority to make payments as accounts received. British Gas and EDF (Electricity supply).

9.5 Risk Assessment of Asset’s. To report on annual examination.

9.6 Grit bins Filling. To consider (following SCC decision to charge) new arrangements for salt refreshment.

9.7 Rec Park Security Contract. To consider quotations obtained.

9.8 Planning Leaflet. Request from Mrs B Brighton to pay £38 for a flyer to be printed to be delivered to every house to provide details of the forthcoming public planning appeal regarding 200 houses to be built at Langaller.

9.9 Grant. To consider making a grant to St Michaels Church of £685.


10. Party in the Park 6th July 2019 (SG,CS,DK,YG,AB) To report on plans.


11. Rec Park (SG,CS,DK,YG).11.1 To update on any issues; 11.2 Improvements. To update on progress.

11.3 Annual Safety Inspection Report. To update on actions to address points raised.


12. Highways. 12.1 Defects or Issues to be reported /considered. 12.2 Hyde Lane Improvements. To update.

12.3 Road Safety. To discuss and agree how to address the increasing traffic volumes, physical features of the

Village and lack of regard for safety by some drivers.


13. Footpaths/Rights of Way. 13.1 Defects or Issues to be reported/considered.13.2 Ryesland Way Slope onto

Canal. Clerk/CC to update.


14. Somerset West and Taunton Council (TDBC successor); to note the final recommendations of the Loc Govt

Boundary Commission’s Electoral Review and progress to establish.


15. Youth Club. To update on progress.


16. Library Service. To note that Somerset Libraries Service Redesign decisions include the aim to develop a

Community Library Partnership (CLP) to enable Prioirswood Library to remain open. (No Change is proposed to the

Mobile Library Service or Taunton Library).


17. Correspondence. To consider any correspondence received that Cllrs wish to raise.


18. New Matters to be carried forward.



Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net


Future Meetings; The next scheduled PC meetings are on 3rd Dec 2018 and 7th Jan 2019 at 7pm.

These meetings are to be held in the lower Village Hall Cttee Room.