/ Parish Council / Agendas / 6th February 2017


A G E N D A for the Meeting of Creech St Michael Parish Council to be held at 7.00pm

on Monday, 6th February 2017 in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall, Creech St Michael.

(The Public and Press are entitled to attend.  There will be an opportunity for the Public to speak before the meeting).


1.  Chairperson’s welcome.


2.  To receive any apologies for absence.


3.  Declarations of Interests.  Declarations of Individual Members.


4.  Police. PC Claire Escott to attend and provide an update on Policing in the Parish.


5.  Ham STW Access Track. Wessex Water, Project Manager, Adam Lynch to attend and provide an update on progress.


6.  To receive County and District Councillors’ Reports.


7.  Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 9th January 2017.


8.  Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 9th January 2017.


9.  Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 23rd January 2017.


10. Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 23rd January 2017.


11. Planning. 11.1 Planning Applications received. To consider the following application received;







Greenacres, Charlton Road, Creech Heathfield Repl Bdg for use as a double garage and storage.



Barnoaks Worthy Lane, CSM, Demolition of garage and erection of 1 No Bungalow with associated works in the garden to the rear of.



1 Crown Lane, Creech Heathfield. Erection of a single floor extension to the rear.



Greenacres, Charlton Road, Creech Heathfield, Prior approval for change of use of Dutch Barn.

     11.2 To note withdrawal of application 14/16/0029. Change of use and conversion of de-consecrated chapel to

     holiday let accommodation at Amaryllis Cottage, Adsborough on 12.1. 2017.

     11.3 CSM Neighbourhood Plan.  (See the minutes of the CSM Panel meeting of the 24th January). To update on

     progress and next steps, to include noting the results of the Parish Household Survey, the Parish Employers

     Survey, the APM16 consultation (and the points emerging from the meeting with West Monkton Parish NH Plan Panel

     and to consider and agree the project time line and consultants charges.


12. Accounts: 12.1 To approve payment of the Clerks and Caretakers Wages, HMRC and SCC Pension Fund payments,

      the Clerks Jan Expense’s and other invoices received; Bibby Factors Ltd Security (Rec Park 3d Security 3-1-17 to

      1.2.17) £216.00, A Birch (Reimbursement  for prizes and food at the PIP senior citizens lunch £tba, Bristol Wessex

      Billing Ltd (Water 21.7-16to10-1.17) £11.71, Community Council for Som (Membership 2017-2018) £40.00 and (NH

      Plan survey and other fees) £7,044.09.

      12.2 Monies Received and banked since the last meeting; None

      12.3 Cheques drawn since last meeting; To report a payment to B Gas Electricity at Pavilion 7-12-16 to 6-1-17

      £110.36 (as previously agreed).

      12.4 Authorisation to make payments before the next meeting. B Gas (Electricity at Pavilion 6-1-17 to 7-2-17)

      and Lazy Ricks (Chips for Youth NH Plan event).

      12.5. Invoice received and queried. TDBC DLO grass cutting £2,749.01. Believed to be previously paid.           

      12.6 Accounts. Reconciliation for the period 1.9.16 to 31.12 16 (circulated separately).

      12.7 Ext Auditor. Following the Govt’s decision to close the audit commission the PC has to put in place arrangements

      to have a new external auditor. The PC having chosen previously to participate in the contractual arrangements being

      put in place by the Smaller Authorities' Audit Appointments Limited are to be advised that the PC auditor for the year

      beginning 1st April 2017 is PKF Littlejohn LLP. Note Grant Thornton remain as Auditor for the 2016-17 year.


13. Recreation Park. (SG,CS,DK,YG).13.1 Update report 13.2 TME. To consider a request to hold a Miniature Steam

      Gala on Sunday June 25 2017. Note; this is to be on a slightly smaller scale than the previous (70th Ann of TME) event.

      13.3 Development. Clerk to update.


14. Party in the Park 8th July 2017 (SG,CS,DK,YG,SH) To update, to agree budget and to consider to licence the event

      with a Premises Licence rather than a Temporary Event Notice.  


15. Highways.  Defects to be reported.


16. Footpaths/Rights Of Way. Defects to be reported.


17. Proposal to create a single council covering Taunton Deane and West Somerset. To agree response to the

        consultation which closes on 28 February 2017.


18. Correspondence. To consider any correspondence received that Cllrs wish to raise.


19. New Matters to be carried forward.


20. Council to decide to exclude Public and Press for this item. 19.1 Staff Matters.


      Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net


      Future Meetings;


     The next scheduled PC meetings are 6th March and 3rd April both at 7pm.   

     The next meeting dates of the CSM Neighbourhood Plan panel are 13th February* and 28th Feb both at 6.30pm