/ Parish Council / Creech Neighbourhood Plan / Minutes 21st July 2016



Minutes of the Meeting of the CSM PC Neighbourhood Plan Panel

held at 7pm on Tuesday 21st July 2016

in the Lower Committee Room of the Village Hall.

Present PCllrs I Wright (Chair), L Gates (Vice Chair) and K Reed. Co-opted Parishioner E Tucker and C Cudlip. A Bullock (WYG), J Birch (CCfS) and Steve Altria (Parish Clerk). 1 Parishioner attended; Jackie Scott.   


NP16/21. Welcome.  Cllr Wright began by welcoming Jackie Scott who has asked to join the panel. It was explained that the Parish Council would need to confirm that at their September meeting but that she was most welcome to attend and contribute. Everyone introduced themselves.


NP16/22. To receive any apologies for absence.  None.


NP16/23.  Declarations of Interests. None.


NP16/24.  Minutes – to approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 13th June 2016.

(These had been previously circulated to Cllrs). These were agreed without any amendments being made. The minutes were then signed and dated by the Chair as an accurate record of the meeting.


NP16/25.  Matters arising from the Minutes of the meeting held on 13th June 2016;   

None as all items covered on agenda.


NP16/26. Neighbourhood Plan - Parish Awareness Raising. 

(1) Party in the Park (9th July).  PCllr Steve Greenhalgh and TDBCllr Dave Durdan had distributed some of the awareness raising flyers at the very full PIP day. This was appreciated.


(2) Other events and locations. Action. The flyers to be made available at other events (including the Flower Show 3/9/16 by LG) and other events over the summer and key places in the village such as the School, PreSchool, both Churches, Surgery and Village Hall (by CC).


(3) Employers. Action. LG has in hand emailing employers in CSM a copy of the flyer tbc by end of July.


(4) Creech News. Action. KR to arrange for the Sept edition to include the flyer as a page.


(5) Other mediums; The Clerk had arranged for the flyer to appear on the Village Website, Facebook and Noticeboards.


NP16/27. Neighbourhood Plan – Consultation Questionnaire. 

Jane Birch had produced a listing of key areas for inclusion in the Questionnaire having extracted these from LG’s first draft and IW’s Plan. JB had circulated these prior to the meeting along with a request that these be reviewed and augmented at the meeting. The document was then examined on a line by line basis with adjustments being fed into JB.

IW asked that the document made it clear it is for the whole Parish not just CSM Village.

Action. JB to now arrange for a draft consultation document to be published for 5th August. Panel Members to feedback further comments on the draft to CCfS within week of receipt. A second draft will then be issued for final review.


NP16/28. Neighbourhood Plan – Finance bids. 

The Clerk confirmed that he and JB with assistance from IW had written and submitted two bids for funding; one to Awards for all and the other to Locality. Awards for All were now processing the application (est 10 weeks) whilst Locality had asked for more details about the cost and activities of the two consultants. Information had been requested of each, replies were now with the Clerk and he would submit them to Locality the next day (nb since done).  The aim is to minimise the cost of the NH Plan production on CSM Parishioners.


NP16/29. Other items;

(1) TDBC have yet to confirm Ruishton PC NH Plan Area (The whole Parish has been requested). It was noted that there was potential for some future joint working as there is with WM PC. WM PC’s NH draft Plan is in line for publication in November.


(2) ET Suggested “Branding” is considered.


(3) The Clerk mentioned in passing that the two planning applications currently being considered which impact on the MH Urban Area had yet to have decisions made on them by TDBC Planners;

(3.1) 14/16/0031 Outline Application with some matters reserved for the erection of 35 No dwellings on and to the south west of Creech Medical Centre, Hyde Lane, CSM. The developer is offering land for a footpath along Hyde Lane and

(3.2) 48/16/0028 Planning Application for Proposed Sports Pitches and Pavilion, Monkton Heathfield.


NP16/30. Date of next meeting.

A request for a meeting from Persimmon Homes had been received. This was felt to be premature but it was agreed to hear what they had to say and to learn of their timescales. It was agreed that the next meeting would be held on Thursday 18th August 6.30pm in the Village Hall Cttee Room with Persimmon invited to present to the panel at 7.30pm. The later item to be closed to the press and public).


The meeting closed at 9.10pm.


Steve Altria, Clerk to Creech St Michael Parish Council. Tel 01823 666295. Email clerk@creechstmichael.net